Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Obamas Syria Speech VIDEO

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

September 10, 2013

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#2    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

@ 8:45 Obama says:

Other questions involve the dangers of retaliation. We don't dismiss any threats, but the Assad regime does not have the ability to seriously threaten our military. Any other -- any other retaliation they might seek is in line with threats that we face every day. Neither Assad nor his allies have any interest in escalation that would lead to his demise, and our ally, Israel, can defend itself with overwhelming force, as well as the unshakable support of the United States of America. http://www.npr.org/2...nation-on-syria

i gotta admit hes slick... just snuck it in there and let it slide....

Edited by acidhead, 11 September 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#3    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

"...when dictators commit atrocities..."  Yeah, kind of like trying to tear apart the U.S. constitution right?  I hate this guy so much I can't even stand to finish the video.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#4    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

Did he just say we knew Syria was preparing to launch a chemical attack and didn't lift a finger to stop it? listen around 3:00. We know where they mix the chemicals? So are we to believe we don't have eyes on these places 24/7?
So this begs the question what is his angle? why let the Syrians do this then act horrified and try to drag us into this conflict?

maybe he needs an excuse to put another militant Islamic regime in power next to Israel?

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#5    krypter3

krypter3

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

• “My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.” A.A Milne

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostCRYSiiSx2, on 11 September 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

"...when dictators commit atrocities..."  Yeah, kind of like trying to tear apart the U.S. constitution right?  I hate this guy so much I can't even stand to finish the video.

Oh if only politics and running a country were so simple.

#6    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,570 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

Many of you have asked a broader question: Why should we get involved at all in a place that's so complicated and where, as one person wrote to me, those who come after Assad may be enemies of human rights? It's true that some of Assad's opponents are extremists. But al-Qaida will only draw strength in a more chaotic Syria if people there see the world doing nothing to prevent innocent civilians from being gassed to death. The majority of the Syrian people and the Syrian opposition we work with just want to live in peace, with dignity and freedom. And the day after any military action, we would redouble our efforts to achieve a political solution that strengthens those who reject the forces of tyranny and extremism.

Lest we forget 911

slick as butter

Edited by acidhead, 11 September 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,901 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

View Postacidhead, on 11 September 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

@ 8:45 Obama says:

i gotta admit hes slick... just snuck it in there and let it slide....
Straight up AIPAC's anus too, back, and forth.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#8    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,901 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

Posted Image
Obama tries hard in 2013 to come through for his most important constituency, his stakeholders.

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#9    GiS

GiS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

• I n t e l l e c t u a l

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

He sounds very confused and totally not sure of what decision to make. Truth is, he'll never know what's right or not ...The concequences of any action could be "something" or "the complete opposite of that thing" and he'll never know until he's already into it, but then there will be no turning back.

Edited by GiS, 11 September 2013 - 08:02 AM.

#10    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,063 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

View Postacidhead, on 11 September 2013 - 04:57 AM, said:

It's true that some of Assad's opponents are extremists. But al-Qaida will only draw strength in a more chaotic Syria if people there see the world doing nothing to prevent innocent civilians from being gassed to death

Lest we forget 911

slick as butter
Whaa? So by "degrading" the Syrian government's power, that will not give the Rebel elements supported by terrorist groups strength? If Assad remains in power, that would be more chaotic than if he fell? That makes no sense at all, mr.O. It's just complete doublethink.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#11    nothinglizx2

nothinglizx2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

The United States of America or THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?  We is not you and US does not mean us.  You know our votes don't count.  If the congress didn't vote yes you still would have found a reason to attack Syria, even if it meant attacking the U.S and blaming it on syria to win hearts and minds.  You did it with 9/11, you did it with Sandy Hook, you did it with the Boston Finish Line Massacre.  Everything ya'll do is secret and ya'll secret away all evidence so no one has evidence which will lead back to you.  It is how you continue to Usurp.

9/11 was an easy brush off, all you needed was ghost for everybody to chase long enough for you to get everyones support and then you made him a sacrifice.

#12    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,609 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for posting Acidhead.... Obama is looking a bit perkier now he has a way out and doesn't have to face the humiliation

of his bombing plans being rejected by his own politicians...

I am sick of him and others imploring us to look at pictures of gassed dead and injured children...

He is saying that Assad did the gassing.....but there has been nothing to actually prove this, just weak circumstantial

evidence...to (desperately) try and point the finger of blame. Circumstantial evidence that is in all likelihood BS anyway...

From what I've seen and heard I am pretty sure in my own mind that it was the 'rebel forces' who did the gassing...

To frame the Assad Govt....

What is even more heart-breaking is to hear that these poor children may have been kidnapped 'Alawite' children who

were then gassed and filmed in a cynical propaganda exercise. The enormity of this possible wickedness appears to

have completely ignored by the Obama Administration. Straight forward gassing is bad enough, but that frightened

children could have been kidnapped in advance....to star in sick YouTube videos...takes it to another level.

http://wwwwakeupamer...ml#.UjA0UoNwYdW

http://www.globalres...s-fraud/5348939

The bit in the speech about 'some of Assad's opponents are extremists'.....etc etc.

A bit of an understatement there......who does he think he's kidding...

I've pulled up a post by Black Red Devil...from the Middle East forum that shows the different groups involved...

View PostBlack Red Devil, on 10 September 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

These are the major Syrian "freedom fighter" groups:
  • The Syrian Islamic Front (SIF) -  It is demanding an Islamic state with sharia law.
  • The Free Syrian Army - The largest rebel group.  Started off as a Secular army but gradually has been replaced by Islamists and Martyrs.  Look at it's affiliates:
    • Syria Martyrs Brigades, Farouq Battalions, Tawhid Brigade, Suqour al-Sham Brigades and Islam Brigade
  • The Syrian Islamic Liberation Front (SILF) - Similar affiliates to the FSA.
Now look at the affiliates or militant factions:
  • Farouq Battalions - Islamist-leaning group
  • Jabhat al-Nusra and the Islamic state of Iraq - Affiliation to al-Qa’ida
  • Islamic Ahrar al-Sham Movement - It seeks an Islamic state based on sharia law
  • Syria Martyrs’ Brigades - The name (Martyrs) says a lot although their leader doesn't claim to follow any particular ideology.  Affiliated to the FSA.
  • YPG – Popular Protection Units - Kurds
  • Islam Brigade - Lead by a religious scholar, affiliated to the FSA
  • Tawhid Brigade - It demands some form of Islamic governance, affiliated to the FSA
  • Suqour al-Sham Brigades - One of Syria’s best-known Islamist groups, affiliated to the FSA.
Don't expect any secular solutions when Assad topples.  Then again, is any of this REALLY about freedom?

At least the world can breathe a bit easier for now.....and we in the West don't have the horror and utter embarrassment

of the US military being used to help the Islamic Jihadists.....

Love and peace to people of the USA today on the anniversary of 9/11....

And happy birthday Bashar al-Assad...

Posted Image

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,777 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

Peggy Noonan had an interesting take on it - a President trying to convince the American people to support a military strike that he has no intention of ever making and is thanking his lucky starts that Putin threw him a lifeline so that he doesn't have to.

He saved face, but as some pundits are now arguing, has completely ceded US influence in the ME to Russia.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#14    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,063 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostRafterman, on 11 September 2013 - 11:09 AM, said:

Peggy Noonan had an interesting take on it - a President trying to convince the American people to support a military strike that he has no intention of ever making and is thanking his lucky starts that Putin threw him a lifeline so that he doesn't have to.

He saved face, but as some pundits are now arguing, has completely ceded US influence in the ME to Russia.
Exactly.. classic bluster. the threat of the Big Stick didn't work, and now he has nothing left because he didn't even think to try diplomacy, thinking he could rely on the Big Stick like his predecessor did. Now, though, the well of sympathy and/or fear that GW was able to rely on has run dry, and he isn't able to use the Terrorist Menace, since they're the ones that are fighting the ones he wants to attack.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#15    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,867 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

I feel like most of you had decided that his speech was horrible before he even made it...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users