Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Putin to America

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

I was tempted to put this in 'Other World News'.

Considering it is directed towards America, specifically American foreign policy, I think it belongs here.

Here is a letter written by Vladimir Putin addressed to America.

http://www.nytimes.c...syria.html?_r=0

Edited by Hatake Kakashi, 12 September 2013 - 05:06 AM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,784 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

Never thought I'd live to be lectured by a KGB boss.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    Gromdor

Gromdor

Poltergeist

• 2,181 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

Never thought that I would agree with him.

#4    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,017 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

Hmm... well he makes a lot of sense. :/

Edited by Ever After, 12 September 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#5    MiskatonicGrad

MiskatonicGrad

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• "the natural progress of things is liberty to yield and goverment to gain ground." Thomas Jefferson

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

I think it just a little freaky how it seems the roles have reversed in the last 20yrs. this sounds like something an American president should be saying to the Russian president.  What the hell happened?

"Were we directed from Washington when to sow, and when to reap, we should soon want bread" --Thomas Jefferson(1821)

"No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session"--Mark Twain(1866)

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson(1800)

#6    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 3,002 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:22 AM

POPULAR

An exclusive show of civility, level judgement and humility.

I can't fault one single iota in this letter.  I bet the warmongers are frothing....

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#7    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,165 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

View Postand then, on 12 September 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Never thought I'd live to be lectured by a KGB boss.
Arguably a KGB boss (even if he may be Evil) who has rather more knowledge of the often murky world of practical politics than a President who has no experience whatsoever at this kind of level.
And I don't just mean O'Bam, but every holder of the post for a good while; since perhaps Bush Sr, a former CIA boss..)

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#8    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,868 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Yep! Can't deny it, we (the U.S.) can be pretty arrogant at times about our position in the world. If the shoe fits......

Next accusation, Mr. Putin.

PAWNING RESIDENT TROLLS

#9    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostBlack Red Devil, on 12 September 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

An exclusive show of civility, level judgement and humility.

I can't fault one single iota in this letter.  I bet the warmongers are frothing....
Not least on this forum...

#10    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• 1,021 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostPurifier, on 12 September 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yep! Can't deny it, we (the U.S.) can be pretty arrogant at times about our position in the world. If the shoe fits......

Next accusation, Mr. Putin.
Well, there is this. Today UK foreign secretary Haig has sqeeked in parliament about Syria not even admitting to having chemical weapons until recently, and uses this lack of previous disclosure as a weapon to beat Assad. I'm fairly certain that nukes are far worse then chemical weapons, so why is Israel not censured as Syria is for non disclosure of WMD. When has even a single member of the atomic weapons inspectorate ever been allowed to visit their facilities to see if they tell the truth about not having nukes? So, when the USA gives WMD to a country in an unstable part of the world, and that country does not admit to having them, the accusation is nuclear proliferation and hypocrisy on a massive scale.

#11    Almagest

Almagest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

He makes good points, but ultimately it's posturing. Remember this is a leader who has carried out brutal repressions, fixed elections and ordered assassinations. Did he get UN approval to murder Chechens? He is walking the path of turning Russia into an Orthodox theocracy. In fact there is a sect in Russia which believes that he is the reincarnation of St. Peter.

The fact that such a man is the voice of reason at the moment should be terrifying to us in the West.

Heaven and hell suppose two distinct species of men, the good and the bad. But the greatest part of mankind float betwixt vice and virtue. - David Hume

#12    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 12 September 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Arguably a KGB boss (even if he may be Evil) who has rather more knowledge of the often murky world of practical politics than a President who has no experience whatsoever at this kind of level.
And I don't just mean O'Bam, but every holder of the post for a good while; since perhaps Bush Sr, a former CIA boss..)

Not only more knowledge, but more honor and dignity, however temporary it might be.  He's no angel, but in this case he did the right thing, something the White House has not been able to do since Carter was there.

And in this case, more political skill.  Of course Obama and Kerry set themselves up for this, doing the bidding of the MIC.  They are prostitutes for the MIC.  Putin knows that and took advantage of their crazy rantings and false claims.

#13    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Well, we do tend to get a little full of ourselves...

"America!  Land of the free, home of the brave!  The land of opportunity....the greatest country on earth!"

Well....the sad fact is we are not number one in anything but military might and defense spending.

We are not the "happiest place" to live...we rank something like 17th
We do not have the best health care...we rank like 25th or something like that
We do not have the best education...I don't know the rank but it's not even in the top 10 if I recall
We are 5th in economic competitiveness following Switzerland, Finland, Germany and Singapore

And freedom?  I think we rank somewhere between 15th and 20th...how is that for the "Land of the free"?

Thanks to the spying and the paranoia....all because people hate us...all because of ourselves.

Posted Image

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#14    BarnabasCollins

BarnabasCollins

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Putin wrote a very good letter, well written and diplomatic.  I think he sees a chance to lessen American influence in the Middle East and to strengthen Russian influence.  The card he is playing is that Russia is the great respector of international law, the diplomats who can solve a problem without force of arms while the U.S. seeks to bypass international law by threatening military force which, if carried out, he labels "an act of agression."  I think he senses that President Obama has suffered politically over the Syrian issue, it being plain for all to see that neither the U.S. Congress nor the American people supported the President's desire to attack Syria.  Overall, over the last week we have seen Russia outshine the U.S. over the Syrian issue.  Putin comes off as the leader and our President comes off as someone without a coherent foreign policy as it relates to the Middle East.

President Obama needs new advisors.

#15    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,165 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostBarnabasCollins, on 12 September 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

President Obama needs new advisors.
or perhaps a new job. :cry:

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users