Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Putin to America

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#31    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,091 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

What I think it is, there were people quite gleefully precipitating that Damascus was going to be obliterated and that would precipitate WWIII and so Biblical prophecy would be fulfilled, and Armageddon would be upon us, once again, so they're a bit disappointed that the wind has been taken out of their sails, for the time being at least, until Mr. O or the Neocons can find some other excuse, so of course Vlad or Pooty Poot is going to be the villain now. Of course Putin is unscrupulous and machiavellian; you have to be to be an effective politician, and as I've said before he's got enormously more experience than amateurs like O'bam or Cameron, or any "democratic" career politician, so is he really likely to suddenly reveal his true ambitions and make a grab for World Domination?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#32    Purifier

Purifier

Δ

• 2,828 posts

• We don't need to conquer the world, we need to conquer our individual selves first. Then the world will be at peace.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Let's go ahead and elect Mr. Putin as our first future World President, comrades! He's not so bad. ;)

PAWNING RESIDENT TROLLS

#33    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

View Postand then, on 12 September 2013 - 05:13 AM, said:

Never thought I'd live to be lectured by a KGB boss.

This is how the tail wags the dog. Kerry looks like a pawn on a chess board.

#34    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,780 posts

• ראה

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 13 September 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

What I think it is, there were people quite gleefully precipitating that Damascus was going to be obliterated and that would precipitate WWIII and so Biblical prophecy would be fulfilled, and Armageddon would be upon us, once again, so they're a bit disappointed that the wind has been taken out of their sails, for the time being at least, until Mr. O or the Neocons can find some other excuse, so of course Vlad or Pooty Poot is going to be the villain now. Of course Putin is unscrupulous and machiavellian; you have to be to be an effective politician, and as I've said before he's got enormously more experience than amateurs like O'bam or Cameron, or any "democratic" career politician, so is he really likely to suddenly reveal his true ambitions and make a grab for World Domination?
I think Obama got it right when he said that Putin was like the bored kid that sat at the back of the class.

Never forget that in Mother Russia, Cruelty will always trump brains.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#35    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 13 September 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

World Domination will never happen with Putin. The Russian GDP is tiny.

Go check it out.

#36    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,091 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 13 September 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

I think Obama got it right when he said that Putin was like the bored kid that sat at the back of the class.

And in American politics, brains have been noticeably prominent in the last few decades, have they?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#37    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence. He whose k

• 11,474 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 12 September 2013 - 09:33 PM, said:

Isn't it a wonderful world we live in? (/sarcasm)

I'm not one of the Putin sycophants.  (Though the memes of him tend to make me laugh alot.)  I respect him as I would any world leader... always a bit of reservation.  I was not offended by Putin's letter. I also know there are a lot of people that did take offense to it.  They hate hearing the truth that American exceptionalism is simply a "hope" and not a reality.  

People who think that is the truth are unaware of what it is that makes America exceptional.

We are the only political state that postulates that the government receives its power from the people and not the other way around. We postulate that certain rights are innate and are not granted by government. Powers vested in government are, in fact, granted by the people.

That is why America is exceptional.  Not because we are in any way superior to other countries.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#38    LEGIONS

LEGIONS

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

• We never know how we look ,til we get our picture took

it is not the size of the GDP that makes the man it is truly the size of his compassion

Posted Image

#39    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• 1,021 posts

View PostCyberKen, on 13 September 2013 - 02:34 PM, said:

This is how the tail wags the dog. Kerry looks like a pawn on a chess board.
Or even a prawn on a smorgas bord

#40    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• 1,021 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 13 September 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

crap

#41    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,091 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostHarte, on 13 September 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

People who think that is the truth are unaware of what it is that makes America exceptional.

We are the only political state that postulates that the government receives its power from the people and not the other way around. We postulate that certain rights are innate and are not granted by government. Powers vested in government are, in fact, granted by the people.

That is why America is exceptional.  Not because we are in any way superior to other countries.

Harte
do you really believe that America is still unique in being Democratic?? Do you think that western Europe, for example, is still ruled by feudal monarchies, then?

- Philip K. Dick.

#42    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostLEGIONS, on 13 September 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

it is not the size of the GDP that makes the man it is truly the size of his compassion

Think about it. What does Russia export?

The USA is an economic superpower. Some things never change.

#43    LEGIONS

LEGIONS

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

what does the USA import that is the greater question

Posted Image

#44    LEGIONS

LEGIONS

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

http://www.slate.com...everything.html

Posted Image

#45    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostLEGIONS, on 13 September 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

what does the USA import that is the greater question

USA GDP : $16.2 Trillion

Russia GDP : Less then $2 Trillion

You want to buy a car made in Russia?

The USA buys and sells goods to everybody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users