Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What happens to people who see monsters?

monster cryptid witnesses

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    drvhitz

drvhitz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

I was wondering if any has any follow up information on what happened to people who have had encounters with strange beasts.  For instance, Greg Garrett, the little boy playing in his backyard that had the first encounter with the Enfield Horror.  Garrett died young, shot to death on his front porch by his wife.  The shooting was ruled justifiable self defense.  Or Christopher Davis, the young man who was attacked by the Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp.  Davis was murdered at his home in Sumpter SC, in 2009.  Police believe Davis was killed in a botched drug deal.  Any one know of what happened to the people in other strange creature sightings?

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,993 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

I really have no idea what happened to them but I would imagine if they kept seeing them they probably ended up insane or on drugs.  If they wasn't to begin with.

#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

View Postdrvhitz, on 12 September 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

I was wondering if any has any follow up information on what happened to people who have had encounters with strange beasts.  For instance, Greg Garrett, the little boy playing in his backyard that had the first encounter with the Enfield Horror.  Garrett died young, shot to death on his front porch by his wife.  The shooting was ruled justifiable self defense.  Or Christopher Davis, the young man who was attacked by the Lizard Man of Scape Ore Swamp.  Davis was murdered at his home in Sumpter SC, in 2009.  Police believe Davis was killed in a botched drug deal.  Any one know of what happened to the people in other strange creature sightings?

I'm pretty sure they all died or will die eventually.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#4    Gary Meadows

Gary Meadows

Like your uncle, only better

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Hopefully a trip to the psych ward.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#5    emberdawn

emberdawn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Perhaps it is a heads up that something in you needs to change or these things can happen later in your life.

#6    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

They post their report here. Then when people post reasonable possibilities of what they really saw, they never post again.

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,338 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postdrvhitz, on 12 September 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Are you implying that people who see strange beasts are destined to be murdered later on in life? The "victim" numbers would have to be a whole lot higher than 2 to be convincing.

#8    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

View Postscowl, on 12 September 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

They post their report here. Then when people post reasonable possibilities of what they really saw, they never post again.
You mean when they post here they get ridiculed and are told to get off the drugs.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#9    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

I've had a fairly normal life. And I've seen many things that would qualify as monstrous.

#10    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostReaperS_ParadoX, on 12 September 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

You mean when they post here they get ridiculed and are told to get off the drugs.

Not all of them. Some are told they may need drugs.

#11    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 7,002 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

Most people who see monsters are eventually eaten by them.     I've seen people changed by experiencing  horrible  things ..   sort of like seeing monsters?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#12    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

View Postscowl, on 12 September 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Not all of them. Some are told they may need drugs.

True but either way  its not what the person generally wants to hear :w00t:

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#13    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,338 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

View PostReaperS_ParadoX, on 13 September 2013 - 10:08 PM, said:

True but either way  its not what the person generally wants to hear :w00t:
That will depend on the type of drug on offer. :whistle:

#14    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 13 September 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

That will depend on the type of drug on offer. :whistle:
LOL it'd be funny if someone had done hallucinogens and then came on here talking about the creatures they saw thinking they were real, Its all in the mind buddy

Edited by ReaperS_ParadoX, 14 September 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#15    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 10,338 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

View PostReaperS_ParadoX, on 14 September 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

LOL it'd be funny if someone had done hallucinogens and then came on here talking about the creatures they saw thinking they were real, Its all in the mind buddy
I think its already been done.( a few times) :whistle:

Edited by freetoroam, 14 September 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Also tagged with monster, cryptid, witnesses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users