Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What happens to people who see monsters?

monster cryptid witnesses

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16    AtlantisRises

AtlantisRises

Oderint dum metuant

• 2,374 posts

• My time has not yet come either, Some are born post humously

Ecce homo
    Nietszche

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

At least a dozen times a week actually.

Posted Image

#17    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

My only two that I knew, both confided in me they'd seen a live Bigfoot, one is dead now. However, "J" was an avid outdoors man, trapped, hunted, mushroomed and hunted for Ginseng, after his encounter he gave the whole way of like. Moved into the city and was killed in a work related accident. The second "S" Is a Police officer in Virginia, he gave up hunting and hiking after his encounter, has only mentioned it a couple times to people he knew he could be sure would now out him as having seen one.

Lives change when we see or experience things outside our comfort zone much the same as men who've fought in a real war are forever changed by it. The amount of the change is going to depend on the person and their own internal ability to cope with the situation.

#18    Tarnibritan

Tarnibritan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• No rest for the wicked

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

i think it depends if they let that particular experience (real or not) consume their minds and their life. People will die from these things in everday life with or without experiencing something out of the ordinary

#19    shrooma

shrooma

Incorrigible Rogue.

• 3,117 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostReaperS_ParadoX, on 14 September 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

LOL it'd be funny if someone had done hallucinogens and then came on here talking about the creatures they saw thinking they were real

View Postfreetoroam, on 14 September 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I think its already been done.( a few times) :whistle:
*nods.., smiles.., backs off slowly towards the door.....*

sometimes, your signature is worth nothing at all.

#20    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

Keep in mind that seeing something like a Bigfoot after years of not believing in such a thing can be disturbing.

Both friend I mentioned had been avid hunters and woodsmen all their lives, both had military experience and one even made his livelihood as a trapper for several years. neither of them had ever seen or experienced anything like a Bigfoot until came the day they were face to face with one. Hello! To be honest with you seriously have no idea how I would react to seeing one face to face like that out of the blue either. I know a lot of people say they'd do this or that but the truth is until you are in that situation for real it's all speculation. There's an old saying about speculation; "Speculate in one hand and spit in the other and see which one gets full first." That's cleaned up so the Mods don't get upset but you get the picture.

#21    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Not everytime someone sees a strange creature. There insane or on drugs. Sometimes there real.
I saw a yellow bat and i'm not insane or on drugs !
I think to tar all cryptids with the same brush is ignorant.
Everyone knows there are undiscovered creatures lurking about and also people do see odd animals sometimes.
regarding the "Monsters" I doubt any of them are real.

#22    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

View Postscowl, on 12 September 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

They post their report here. Then when people post reasonable possibilities of what they really saw, they never post again.

A thousand times this. The number of accounts with "1 thread started" and less than 20 posts must be staggering

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#23    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 17 September 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

Keep in mind that seeing something like a Bigfoot after years of not believing in such a thing can be disturbing.

But it's important to remember that a disturbing experience doesn't mean it was really an encounter with the paranormal.

I always go back to that minute or two when I and two other guys were out in the pitch dark and saw a triangular spacecraft flying directly towards us. There was no doubt among us that we were seeing something incredible. As silly as it sounds I stumbled around like I was in some kind of dream. I can understand why some people would be totally convinced that they experienced something extraordinary.

#24    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Not to mention the brain is fallible it can trick you into seeing things that arent really there. On or off drugs.

Edited by ReaperS_ParadoX, 17 September 2013 - 06:42 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#25    CharlieCluster7

CharlieCluster7

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

• When you don't feel it, it shows, they tear out your soul. And when you believe, they call it rock n' roll.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Pretty funny/interesting.

"When the media and the producers come knocking on your door, turn them away. Tell them nothing of the places and legends that you hold dear to your heart. The ridiculous results of money making will kill their memory. Your hallowed halls will be hung by a staged tug on a jacket, your ancestors will be desecrated by an ill advised blood letting ceremony and your oral history will be erased by doctored photos and pseudoscience. A few friends of mine use the term “adventuring” rather than “investigating.” I think I agree with them. Let’s allow the mystery of the paranormal to stay what it is, because once Syfy, A&E or Discovery has their way with it, you will have nothing to pass on to your children."
http://whofortedblog...mplain-monster/

Also tagged with monster, cryptid, witnesses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users