Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Redi: Anarchists have taken over in congress

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16    travelnjones

travelnjones

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:37 PM

Personally I think its great.  What if the government shut down proves we get along fine without them.  That this edifice of bureaucracy is just a circle jerk that provides nothing for us.  I see many of the people you call obstructionists as protecting me.  I want politicians who dissolve old laws no make new ones.  I essentially have no representation in my state as my views are too fascist for California.  I am grateful for representatives from other states that act in direct opposition to those from my own state.

Edited by travelnjones, 13 September 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#17    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

It's more of the kool aid...

"You need the Gov to feed you, shelter you and protect you"...if you don't, then someone will try to make you feel guilty because someone out there does and you must not bring harm to the other livestock.

Our "farmers" need the livestock to cling close to them for provision and protection...if we stray off a little bit, we find that we really don't need the "farmers" as much as they want us to think they do.

I have long pondered the gigantic scam that is our reality...our economics, our society.  I can't really put it into words but suffice to say, I marvel at how they can keep this charade going...or is it an opera?  It's drama through and through though.  Most of it unnecessary.

Our Fed Gov needs to be drastically reduced and authority returned to the states.  The Fed Gov needs to stop gobbling up all the money and let the states have a share to tend to their own needs rather than begging at the alter of the US Congress.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 13 September 2013 - 06:59 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#18    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

View Posttravelnjones, on 13 September 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Personally I think its great.  What if the government shut down proves we get along fine without them.  That this edifice of bureaucracy is just a circle jerk that provides nothing for us.  I see many of the people you call obstructionists as protecting me.  I want politicians who dissolve old laws no make new ones.  I essentially have no representation in my state as my views are too fascist for California.  I am grateful for representatives from other states that act in direct opposition to those from my own state.

Shut the government down along with ObamaCare.

What's the worst that could happen?

Newt did it in the 1990s.  We survived just fine.

#19    travelnjones

travelnjones

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 13 September 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

I have long pondered the gigantic scam that is our reality...our economics, our society.  I can't really put it into words but suffice to say, I marvel at how they can keep this charade going...or is it an opera?  It's drama through and through though.  Most of it unnecessary.

Thats a hard one, i mean money is only real because we choose it to be.  But I happen to like money it makes dealing with people easier for me.  Bartering would be terrible for me.  Also I don't want to be responsible for my own plumping and electricity.    I like the grocery story and don't want to deal with cutting up my own meat.  So for easy and comfort I am paying by plugging myself in.

Its almost as if you have to pay something, perhap responsibility, for every time you exercise your own will.  freewill is expensive.

#20    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,757 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 13 September 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

It's more of the kool aid...

"You need the Gov to feed you, shelter you and protect you"...if you don't, then someone will try to make you feel guilty because someone out there does and you must not bring harm to the other livestock.

Our "farmers" need the livestock to cling close to them for provision and protection...if we stray off a little bit, we find that we really don't need the "farmers" as much as they want us to think they do.

Our Fed Gov needs to be drastically reduced and authority returned to the states.  The Fed Gov needs to stop gobbling up all the money and let the states have a share to tend to their own needs rather than begging at the alter of the US Congress.
This post im about to make might get alot of critism but idc.

I believe that everyone should

be in a fight
Go hungry for a day
Get high once
Get drunk once
And have to sleep outside once cause you have no were you can stay

because after youv experienced all these things then you come to the realization that I am not made of glass. I can survive and prosper. I am not a fragil human that society wants me to believe.

It is the most liberating realization in the world.

then people will understand that it is in their power to be free. We are one of the only species' that exisit who have free will.

Use it

Edited by spartan max2, 13 September 2013 - 08:38 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#21    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 13 September 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

be in a fight
Go hungry for a day
Get high once
Get drunk once

because after youv experienced all these things then you come to the realization that I am not made of glass. I can survive and prosper. I am not a fragil human that society wants me to believe.

then people will understand that it is in their power to be free. We are one of the only species' that exisit who have free will.

Use it

I don't disagree with any part of your post, at all. :tu:

It's sad that there are 30 year olds who need babysitters....I swear, with some people, it's like, Do you need the government to wipe your a$$ too? Really? :no:

People are not taught to be self-sufficient anymore. That's what public school is about. To teach you, that you need the government to take care of you.....

#22    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,582 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 13 September 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

be in a fight
Go hungry for a day
Get high once
Get drunk once

Use it

I've done all those things except sleep outside because I had no place to go. I have though slept outside because I got drunk once, or maybe twice.

Posted Image

#23    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,392 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostCyberKen, on 13 September 2013 - 07:13 PM, said:

Shut the government down along with ObamaCare.

What's the worst that could happen?

Newt did it in the 1990s.  We survived just fine.
It resulted in a Democratic electoral landslide.

#24    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,970 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 September 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

And it would again.  I've reached a point where I'm amazed that someone hasn't pointed at the emperor and started laughing...yet... it all has to fall apart eventually because all the rules haven't merely been broken, they've been shattered.  THEN people will learn from common experience how fragile they are - or aren't.  And oh my..what WILL the politicians do then?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#25    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,799 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:24 AM

View Postand then, on 14 September 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

I've reached a point where I'm amazed that someone hasn't pointed at the emperor and started laughing
They'd be arrested and charged with treason if they did it today - and certainly tarred as being racist by the press.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#26    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 September 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

Lets try it again. The polling data looks better in 2013.

Defund / Repeal ObamaCare.  The unions will be with us. The White House denied Trumka his sweetheart deal yesterday!

ObamaCare is a train wreck.

#27    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

View Postand then, on 14 September 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

And it would again.  I've reached a point where I'm amazed that someone hasn't pointed at the emperor and started laughing...yet... it all has to fall apart eventually because all the rules haven't merely been broken, they've been shattered.  THEN people will learn from common experience how fragile they are - or aren't.  And oh my..what WILL the politicians do then?

We have a different political landscape in 2013.

Shut down the government.

#28    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,392 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 14 September 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

Lets try it again. The polling data looks better in 2013.

Defund / Repeal ObamaCare.  The unions will be with us. The White House denied Trumka his sweetheart deal yesterday!

ObamaCare is a train wreck.
It's hard to say something is w train wreck when the train isn't moving yet.  I suspect if Republicans "shut down" the government that polls will change very fast.  A compromise forcing a delay in Obamacare would be better if you are so determined, but that may not be possible.

#29    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,908 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 September 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

It's hard to say something is w train wreck when the train isn't moving yet.  I suspect if Republicans "shut down" the government that polls will change very fast.  A compromise forcing a delay in Obamacare would be better if you are so determined, but that may not be possible.

Not really. Especialy when the very people who created it wont have anything to do with it as far as they are personaly concerned.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#30    CyberKen

CyberKen

Psychic Spy

• 1,778 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 September 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Democrat Max Baucus said ObamaCare is a train wreck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users