Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 2 votes

Redi: Anarchists have taken over in congress


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#31    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 14 September 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Not really. Especialy when the very people who created it wont have anything to do with it as far as they are personaly concerned.

Yes, congress got their exemption!  We should ALL get a waiver from this train wreck.


#32    preacherman76

preacherman76

    Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

  • Member
  • 12,665 posts
  • Joined:16 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:in the depths of my mind

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostCyberKen, on 14 September 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Yes, congress got their exemption!  We should ALL get a waiver from this train wreck.

Amen to that.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#33    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

    Seeker of knowledge

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts
  • Joined:25 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The mists at the edge of your dreams...

  • "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

I heard a clip...forget which channel...where they were talking about the "young invincibles"...they want to force the young and healthy to pay into this system whether they need it or not to support those that do.

I am somewhat disappointed at this idea.

On one hand we have a side of the argument that embraces evolution and the survival of the fittest....and they turn around and want to throw a yoke around the necks of others to support those that nature says...might make it...might not.

Once again, I am a walking paradox on this issue.  I do not think anyone should be forced to buy anything.  I do think that healthcare, food and shelter is part of being a human being.

Our society is so messed up, I struggle to find the right derogatory terms to describe it.

I hate to see people suffer.

A few nights ago, a house two roads up from me burned down.  The people lost everything...and it was a rental house.  The chances they had insurance is prob slim and none.

My wife and I are moving at the end of the month and came to the conclusion that some of our old furniture needs to go...we'd like "new" stuff.  My wife is already in the new town and working and since I work from home, I have been here the last couple of months alone (well me, the dog and my two birds) and trying to tie up the loose ends.  We decided to sell this furniture for whatever we could get.

The lady that lived in the house that burned works at Wal Mart and is raising a very young grand child on her own.  I am sure money is a serious issue for them.  When I told my wife about the fire and the ladies situation...she said "we should just give that stuff to those people."  It's quality stuff...actual "wood" furniture.  I agreed.  They "need" this stuff.  Sure, we could use the money but I feel kinda "dirty" inside for asking for money now when I know someone in the neighborhood is hurting.  This is the way I personally think society is supposed to work.

I hope if something bad ever happens to us, someone will be kind.  I have made a few calls and am trying to find out how to get in touch with the lady.

As far as the definition of Anarchy...it is self government...not chaos.  Born within all of us is the knowledge of right and wrong...and we can "choose" to do what is right.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 14 September 2013 - 05:19 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#34    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 14 September 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I heard a clip...forget which channel...where they were talking about the "young invincibles"...they want to force the young and healthy to pay into this system whether they need it or not to support those that do.

I am somewhat disappointed at this idea.

On one hand we have a side of the argument that embraces evolution and the survival of the fittest....and they turn around and want to throw a yoke around the necks of others to support those that nature says...might make it...might not.

Once again, I am a walking paradox on this issue.  I do not think anyone should be forced to buy anything.  I do think that healthcare, food and shelter is part of being a human being.

Our society is so messed up, I struggle to find the right derogatory terms to describe it.

I hate to see people suffer.

A few nights ago, a house two roads up from me burned down.  The people lost everything...and it was a rental house.  The chances they had insurance is prob slim and none.

My wife and I are moving at the end of the month and came to the conclusion that some of our old furniture needs to go...we'd like "new" stuff.  My wife is already in the new town and working and since I work from home, I have been here the last couple of months alone (well me, the dog and my two birds) and trying to tie up the loose ends.  We decided to sell this furniture for whatever we could get.

The lady that lived in the house that burned works at Wal Mart and is raising a very young grand child on her own.  I am sure money is a serious issue for them.  When I told my wife about the fire and the ladies situation...she said "we should just give that stuff to those people."  It's quality stuff...actual "wood" furniture.  I agreed.  They "need" this stuff.  Sure, we could use the money but I feel kinda "dirty" inside for asking for money now when I know someone in the neighborhood is hurting.  This is the way I personally think society is supposed to work.

I hope if something bad ever happens to us, someone will be kind.  I have made a few calls and am trying to find out how to get in touch with the lady.

As far as the definition of Anarchy...it is self government...not chaos.  Born within all of us is the knowledge of right and wrong...and we can "choose" to do what is right.

The Transformation of America has come to an end.

Obama really blew it this time.

They had a good run but it's over.  I think Bob Beckel is hiding under his desk. Someone should write book "The Fall of Obama".

Junior Senators never make good presidents.


#35    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 17,137 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 14 September 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

Not really. Especialy when the very people who created it wont have anything to do with it as far as they are personaly concerned.
What is good for the goose ... ?  That is not relevant and if you are objective about it you will know.  If they were willing to vote for its repeal now it would have been repealed.


#36    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

    Blue fish

  • Member
  • 17,137 posts
  • Joined:22 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

Obamacare is universal health insurance, something almost all advanced countries have except the States, and they have much better health outcomes with less cost than the States.

Now it may or may not be that this is an unwisely designed system, and it if for sure that it will step on some entrenched toes, but what I am seeing above is just emotional partisanship, not reasoned argument.


#37    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 September 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Obamacare is universal health insurance, something almost all advanced countries have except the States, and they have much better health outcomes with less cost than the States.

Now it may or may not be that this is an unwisely designed system, and it if for sure that it will step on some entrenched toes, but what I am seeing above is just emotional partisanship, not reasoned argument.

Medical Doctors in the USA do not like what they see in ObamaCare.

Many are talking about early retirement and moving to Costa Rica.


#38    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,689 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 14 September 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

Obamacare is universal health insurance, something almost all advanced countries have except the States, and they have much better health outcomes with less cost than the States.

Now it may or may not be that this is an unwisely designed system, and it if for sure that it will step on some entrenched toes, but what I am seeing above is just emotional partisanship, not reasoned argument.

. It was a huge bill that got shoved through before anyone could even read the whole thing.

Were I work peoples hours had to be cut in preparation for the cost of Obamacare. Someone else I know owns a small business and he really hates it. Like he cant offered to pay for the things the bill forces him to pay for.


I think their goal was just to passed a messed up bill to make healthcare worse so that they can push a single payer system in the future.

Reid did say it is a stepping stone to single payer healthcare http://www.lasvegass...-eventual-sing/



Honestly I would either we free the market up and privatize more or we make a single payer system. the **** we have now is just a unholy mix of government and private.


I think both strategies would be better then what we are doing now.

Edited by spartan max2, 14 September 2013 - 05:55 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#39    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 14 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 14 September 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

. It was a huge bill that got shoved through before anyone could even read the whole thing.

Were I work peoples hours had to be cut in preparation for the cost of Obamacare. Someone else I know owns a small business and he really hates it. Like he cant offered to pay for the things the bill forces him to pay for.


I think their goal was just to passed a messed up bill to make healthcare worse so that they can push a single payer system in the future.

Reid did say it is a stepping stone to single payer healthcare http://www.lasvegass...-eventual-sing/


Honestly I would either we free the market up and privatize more or we make a single payer system. the **** we have now is just a unholy mix of government and private.

The Public Option Healthcare System in Canada is not working very well.

Canadians are sick of waiting in line for treatment. They fly down to Texas for surgery. - Medical Tourism -


#40    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,689 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

I think the best method would be to let the states decide their own healthcare system.

Some states would privatize more and some would make a universal. Then as other states see which states are working best they will adopt that states healthcare.

This is why states rights are important.
States get to compete and see what works best.  Then the other states copy what is working best.

Edited by spartan max2, 14 September 2013 - 06:01 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#41    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 39,759 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 14 September 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

I think the best method would be to let the states decide their own healthcare system.

Some states would privatize more and some would make a universal. Then as other states see which states are working best they will adopt that states healthcare.

This is why states rights are important.
States get to compete and see what works best.  Then the other states copy what is working best.

The problem is that the states that need it most have yet to move a finger. And the need has been known for 45 years now.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#42    CyberKen

CyberKen

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  • Joined:05 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 14 September 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

I think the best method would be to let the states decide their own healthcare system.

Some states would privatize more and some would make a universal. Then as other states see which states are working best they will adopt that states healthcare.

This is why states rights are important.
States get to compete and see what works best.  Then the other states copy what is working best.

It would also be a great idea to address: Tort Reform

It looks like they left that part out of ObamaCare.


#43    F3SS

F3SS

    FoT

  • Member
  • 9,826 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

  • Father of Twins
    3-16-16

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Obamacare is not universal healthcare by any stretch. And states rights is the only good way to see what works and what doesn't. Federal mandates affect everybody so if it doesn't work the whole country is screwed. In theory, we could have 50 different healthcare experiments going on instead of one giant one based on Hope.


#44    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 39,759 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostF3SS, on 14 September 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

Obamacare is not universal healthcare by any stretch. And states rights is the only good way to see what works and what doesn't. Federal mandates affect everybody so if it doesn't work the whole country is screwed. In theory, we could have 50 different healthcare experiments going on instead of one giant one based on Hope.

In theory we could have 50, in practice we have one..

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#45    spartan max2

spartan max2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,689 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

  • People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 14 September 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

The problem is that the states that need it most have yet to move a finger. And the need has been known for 45 years now.

Its hard for a states to try its own thing when most healthcare laws are already Federal.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users