Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 3 votes

Morgellons conspiracy


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Medicine called it Delusional parasitosis. Yet in wiki we can read this:

Randy Wymore, a former research director of the MRF and presently director of the Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences' Center for the Investigation of Morgellons Disease, claims that Morgellons patients have submitted masses of dark fibers visible at 60x magnification under the unbroken skin, while unaffected individuals do not.[3] Wymore sent samples of fibers, none of which was collected by biopsy, to the Police Crime Lab in Tulsa, Oklahoma, for analysis. A forensic scientist at the Tulsa Police Crime Lab in Oklahoma searched the FBI's national database, but the Morgellons sample did not match any known fiber in the database.[31] Lab director Mark Boese said the fibers were "consistent with something that the body may be producing," adding, "These fibers cannot be manmade and do not come from a plant. This could be a byproduct of a biological organism."[31]
Conversely, in Wymore's further studies of the fibers, none of the samples he has sent to the laboratory have been unusual. Laboratory results have included nylon, cotton, human hair, a fungal fiber and a rodent hair.[32]
Dermatologists say many fibers are from clothing embedded in self-imposed sores and the fibers patients bring in bags are textile in nature.[10][33] The fibers may also be peripheral nerve endings.[30]
Although it has been suggested by Morgellons advocacy websites that Morgellons is related to an infectious disease, such as a tick-borne disease or from plants, these claims have not been substantiated by available evidence or corroborated by physicians independent of these advocacy websites.[34]

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Morgellons

Big Bad Voodoo

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

    High priest of Darwinism

  • Member
  • 9,582 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

http://www.psycholog...gellons-mystery

Please read this article.

Big Bad Voodoo

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

I saw that on Ancient Aliens. Really freaked me out.... :(


#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

 Big Bad Voodoo, on 12 September 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

http://www.psycholog...gellons-mystery

Please read this article.

Big Bad Voodoo

Good article! :tu:

It showed both sides of the argument quite well. But, that is true, until a couple of years ago fibromyalgia didn't exist, doctors said it was all in their heads. And lo and behold, they finally say it is a legitimate illness.... They even have medications for it now. I hope they can figure out what this is. Nothing worse then being in pain or suffering and not having anyone believe you.  :(


#5    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

    Queen of the UM Asylum

  • Member
  • 5,113 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

So why is this in CT?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#6    Czero 101

Czero 101

    Earthshattering Kaboom

  • Member
  • 5,259 posts
  • Joined:24 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver, BC

  • We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

 Child of Bast, on 12 September 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

So why is this in CT?

Apparently anything that BBV doesn't understand, finds confusing or purposely misinterprets is a conspiracy.... :rolleyes:






Cz

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

    “What’s wrong with accepting madness?

  • Member
  • 2,521 posts
  • Joined:29 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:A really cold region devoid of stars

  • The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

 Big Bad Voodoo, on 12 September 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Medicine called it Delusional parasitosis. Yet in wiki we can read this:

Randy Wymore, a former research director of the MRF and presently director of the Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences' Center for the Investigation of Morgellons Disease, claims that Morgellons patients have submitted masses of dark fibers visible at 60x magnification under the unbroken skin, while unaffected individuals do not.[3] Wymore sent samples of fibers, none of which was collected by biopsy, to the Police Crime Lab in Tulsa, Oklahoma, for analysis. A forensic scientist at the Tulsa Police Crime Lab in Oklahoma searched the FBI's national database, but the Morgellons sample did not match any known fiber in the database.[31] Lab director Mark Boese said the fibers were "consistent with something that the body may be producing," adding, "These fibers cannot be manmade and do not come from a plant. This could be a byproduct of a biological organism."[31]
Conversely, in Wymore's further studies of the fibers, none of the samples he has sent to the laboratory have been unusual. Laboratory results have included nylon, cotton, human hair, a fungal fiber and a rodent hair.[32]
Dermatologists say many fibers are from clothing embedded in self-imposed sores and the fibers patients bring in bags are textile in nature.[10][33] The fibers may also be peripheral nerve endings.[30]
Although it has been suggested by Morgellons advocacy websites that Morgellons is related to an infectious disease, such as a tick-borne disease or from plants, these claims have not been substantiated by available evidence or corroborated by physicians independent of these advocacy websites.[34]

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Morgellons

Big Bad Voodoo
LOL at what the dermitologist says, But this is a real thing and it looks terrifying

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

 Child of Bast, on 12 September 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

So why is this in CT?

This thread, most likely would have been put into the Conspiracy Theory section. Just saying....


#9    Czero 101

Czero 101

    Earthshattering Kaboom

  • Member
  • 5,259 posts
  • Joined:24 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver, BC

  • We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

 Burt Gummer, on 12 September 2013 - 10:53 PM, said:

This thread, most likely would have been put into the Conspiracy Theory section. Just saying....

Why? What's the conspiracy?

If you actually read the rest of the Wiki article (that BBV once again neglects to mention purposely leaves out) you'll see the results of the peer-reviewed CDC study released in 2012

Quote

In June 2007, the CDC opened a website on "Unexplained Dermopathy (aka 'Morgellons')".[7] By November 2007, the CDC had announced an investigation process, stating that, "The primary goals of the investigation are to better describe the clinical and epidemiologic features of this condition and to generate hypotheses about possible risk factors."[7] Kaiser Permanente in Northern California was chosen to assist with the investigation, which began after the scientific protocols and review board structure had been prepared and approved. Investigators planned to report on the geographic distribution of the illness, and estimate rates of illness in affected communities. The investigation involved skin biopsies from affected patients, and characterization of foreign material such as fibers or threads obtained from patients to determine their potential source.[7][60] In January 2008 it was reported that the CDC was enlisting the aid of the U.S. Armed Forces Institute of Pathology and the American Academy of Dermatology "to conduct 'immediate' and 'rigorous' research."[61]

On 4 November 2009, the CDC issued a preliminary report based on an external peer review of the project.[62] As of 24 March 2011 the CDC said "We recently completed the data analysis. A final report has been submitted for publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal."[63]

On 25 January 2012 the CDC released the results of the study finding no infectious or environmental links.[8][9] The study consisted of skin biopsies, blood tests, and interviews of over 100 Morgellons patients, and yielded no evidence of an infection (bacterial, fungal, or otherwise) or common environmental factor causing the problems.[8] Laboratory analysis of the threads found by participants revealed nothing unusual, but consisted of cotton and other materials likely to be found in clothing.[8] The researchers could not find any explanation for sensations participants reported under their skin and suggested these could be “delusional infestation,” wherein people falsely believe their bodies are being invaded by small organisms.[8][9] Various Morgellons groups responded to the results of the studies by saying it confirmed their expectations that the government-run study is trying to cover up larger issues.[9]

And there's also information on a study done by the Mayo Clinic

Quote

A study of 108 persons identified with delusional skin infestation, including persons with Morgellons, examined between 2001 and 2007 at the Mayo Clinic was published in Archives of Dermatology on May 16, 2011. The study did not find evidence of skin infestation despite examination of specimens provided by the patients and study of skin biopsies of study participants. The authors concluded the study results were consistent with the participant's original diagnosis of delusional infestation. They reported that about two thirds of the skin biopsies showed dermatitis, and stated that the skin condition and resultant distress might play a role in the patient's delusional or "false belief their skin is infested by pathogens".[64][65]


The only conspiracy here is that of willful ignorance, confirmation bias and cherry picking of sources by BBV.





Cz

Edited by Czero 101, 12 September 2013 - 11:03 PM.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe..." - Carl Sagan

"For it is the natural tendency of the ignorant to believe what is not true. In order to overcome that tendency it is not sufficient to exhibit the true; it is also necessary to expose and denounce the false." – H. L. Mencken

#10    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,771 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

 Czero 101, on 12 September 2013 - 11:01 PM, said:



Why? What's the conspiracy?

If you actually read the rest of the Wiki article (that BBV once again neglects to mention purposely leaves out) you'll see the results of the peer-reviewed CDC study released in 2012



And there's also information on a study done by the Mayo Clinic




The only conspiracy here is that of willful ignorance, confirmation bias and cherry picking of sources by BBV.





Cz

There's also the conspiracy that these "sufferers" are cray cray.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#11    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,167 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

 Burt Gummer, on 12 September 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

It showed both sides of the argument quite well. But, that is true, until a couple of years ago fibromyalgia didn't exist, doctors said it was all in their heads.
And what would you know, that is still one of the causes.


#12    Kowalski

Kowalski

    The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • 4,102 posts
  • Joined:14 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:* Madgascar *

  • It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

 Rlyeh, on 13 September 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

And what would you know, that is still one of the causes.

Fibromyalgia, is a real disease, not something that is "in people's heads"....

Link: http://www.webmd.com...is-fibromyalgia

Link: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Fibromyalgia


#13    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,167 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

 Burt Gummer, on 13 September 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Fibromyalgia, is a real disease, not something that is "in people's heads"....

Link: http://www.webmd.com...is-fibromyalgia

Link: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Fibromyalgia
And yet psychological factors are just that, in your head.


#14    david icke is right

david icke is right

    Astral Projection

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Joined:27 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

 Child of Bast, on 12 September 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

So why is this in CT?

Because this is the science forum where everything is a conspiracy.


#15    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,770 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

 Burt Gummer, on 12 September 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

until a couple of years ago fibromyalgia didn't exist, doctors said it was all in their heads.\
Well just because they were wrong once, doesn't mean that they're wrong here. It's the same argument used by people who believe in Nibiru "ohh astronomers were wrong about meteorites in space, therefore they're wrong about Nibiru!"

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users