Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Baby elephant would not stop crying

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,474 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

I think elephants are awesome so I wanted to share this.

THIS BABY ELEPHANT WOULD NOT STOP CRYING AFTER BEING REJECTED BY HIS MOM
A baby elephant in China reportedly cried for hours after his mom rejected him days after birth, according to a UK newspaper.
The elephant, Zhuang-Zhuang, wept non-stop for five hours after his mother abandoned him, Metro reported.
Zookeepers initially thought it was an accident when his mom trampled him, so they tended to his wounds and reunited the two.
However, the mother elephant then began stomping on her son again and the decision was made to separate the two.
"The calf was very upset and he was crying for five hours before he could be consoled," one worker said.
"He couldn't bear to be parted from his mother and it was his mother who was trying to kill him," the worker added.
The baby elephant has now been adopted by the keeper who saved him at a wild animal reserve in China.
"They have made a good bond," said a spokesperson for the park. "We don't know why the mother turned on her calf but we couldn't take a chance."
http://www.theblaze....ejected-by-mom/

Glad the mother didn't kill him.

Edited by Still Waters, 14 September 2013 - 08:01 PM.
Removed copyrighted image

Posted Image

#2    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

What a heart breaker....glad the little dude is going to be ok.  On occasion, we humans can be pretty handy to have around.  I hope he finds a good herd to join at a zoo when he is a little older.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 14 September 2013 - 07:41 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,678 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

I feel so sorry for the baby, wonder if the mother is suffering from postpartum depression?

#4    Tarnibritan

Tarnibritan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• No rest for the wicked

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

Aww i saw this on ninemsn, its so sad. Poor little thing, i wonder if his Mother changes her mind? Or maybe another elephant will take him under her wing?

#5    Erowin

Erowin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Elephants can adopt humans as their mother figures, so that caretaker will likely become his new momma. Its a big responsibility though- they get attached, and want you to sleep with them every night and always be around. They can actually get so depressed if their human mother leaves for a week or so that they just die.

#6    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,836 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

I saw this too. They said sometimes a mother elephant will reject her newborn calf, apparently it's not that unusual. very sad when something like this happens especially when she was harming it.The poor wee thing, so cute too.

There's a video in this link -

http://www.csmonitor...n-unusual-video

Posted Image

#7    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,474 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostHilander, on 14 September 2013 - 07:45 PM, said:

I feel so sorry for the baby, wonder if the mother is suffering from postpartum depression?

I doubt it since she tried to stomp him to death twice.

Posted Image

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Some animals don't have very good mother instincts, just like some humans....

Cows do this. Sometimes animals don't understand that the labor was the only way to get the baby out, and it is not the baby's fault. All they know is that it caused them pain, and they don't want anything to do with it.

#9    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

I wonder if there is something wrong with him and the mother can sense it?  Maybe something the veterinarians have not yet discovered?

In nature, the herd thins out the weak...maybe he has a defect or something?  Just wondering.

Elephants are very tight knit groups...they look out for and take care of each other...so something must be wrong somewhere.

Edited by Jeremiah65, 14 September 2013 - 08:55 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#10    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostJeremiah65, on 14 September 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

I wonder if there is something wrong with him and the mother can sense it?  Maybe something the veterinarians have not yet discovered?

In nature, the herd thins out the weak...maybe he has a defect or something?  Just wondering.

Elephants are very tight knit groups...they look out for and take care of each other...so something must be wrong somewhere.

I've seen cows do this after giving birth. All they know is the calf caused them pain, and they don't want anything to do with it. With, cows though, you can work with them, and get them to take the calf, and let it nurse. I don't think they have shoots in the wild though.... :)

#11    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,073 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

Given how Elephants are purportedly very smart and have long memories to boot - it's possible the mom has decided a life born and lived in captivity is not a life worth living for her kid.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#12    F3SS

F3SS

Telekinetic

• 7,474 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

I know they are very smart and conscious but I don't think they think that deep.

Posted Image

#13    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,997 posts

• How is the appearance of my house that His ghost could come in among my dwelling?

:-*

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

OMG that is so sad. I guess some Elephants have crazy mothers too. I hope the best for the little fella.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#14    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,197 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 15 September 2013 - 12:49 AM, said:

Given how Elephants are purportedly very smart and have long memories to boot - it's possible the mom has decided a life born and lived in captivity is not a life worth living for her kid.

Or perhaps the Mom's past has left her psychotic? Animals can suffer from mental illnesses as well.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#15    SameerPrehistorica

SameerPrehistorica

Paranormal Investigator

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostF3SS, on 14 September 2013 - 06:55 PM, said:

I think elephants are awesome so I wanted to share this.
Glad the mother didn't kill him.

I saw this news before. It seems like the Mother Elephant did not want her son to live in captivity...She don't want her son to experience the same what she is going through....So sad :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users