Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Need a laugh?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,690 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Besides being pretty ill made it is quite funny, a nice mixture of Ed Wood (voted Hollywood's worst director of all times) and von Daeniken.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence. He whose k

• 11,480 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

Skimmed it.  Didn't see anything I haven't heard before.

At my yahoo email account, I have Atlantis Rising sending me pdfs of previews of their current issue's stories.

I like to keep an eye on the bad guys.

I've not seen a single thing from that rag that I haven't read about or debunked myself before.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#3    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

I'll have to watch it later.  I get such a hoot out of these things.

It's kinda sad though...the number of people that have some "need" to believe in alien intervention.  Many jump on this idea that the GOV is hiding something...but in my humble opinion, it is a psy-op being played down on the herds of people.  It plays right into the idea that humans are so helpless that they must have someone taking control and doing things for them.  Enter the helping, all powerful GOV to fulfill that need.

I have to shake my head in wonder when people sell human ingenuity short...as if ages ago we needed some outside force to teach us to make fire and stack rocks together.

Ancient alien theory does not free the mind to possibility...it traps it into the thought process that humans are not very smart or clever and must have some outside force to make it.

Just my opinion on AA theory...

Edited by Jeremiah65, 15 September 2013 - 01:46 AM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

Didn't watch it. But with the pyramids,and brain surgery,  I'm sorry, I don't see how ancient man had a working knowledge of how to do these thingswithout a bit of help.
It just makes sense.
As for ancient computers or time machines , well.... just no....

Miss me?

#5    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

No comment. Was hoping for some funny jokes actually...... :blush:

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,690 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

View Posts33ker, on 15 September 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

No comment. Was hoping for some funny jokes actually...... :blush:

Well, it is unintended comic, that is why they put no sign that sezz: "attention joke!"

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,714 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostHarte, on 15 September 2013 - 01:26 AM, said:

I like to keep an eye on the bad guys.

yeah...don't we all.... ;)

Posted Image

View Postquestionmark, on 15 September 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

Well, it is unintended comic, that is why they put no sign that sezz: "attention joke!"

Well I will take ...'our magnificent predecessors'  (quote from end of vid) over the scathing deniers that patrol forums like this...any day

oooooh la la.... :P

Ancient technology? Sounds good to me.... :yes:

#8    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,400 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

I managed to watch about 10 mins, but then couldn't contain my Righteous IndignationTM :P at the bald-faced irrationalities, lies and fallacies being propagated, so I had to stop watching or explode.

For instance, modern scholarship does not hold the various ancient civilisations/cultures being discussed as being "uncivilised" - yet that claim is made as one of the bases for why "modern scholarship is wrong".

Edited by Leonardo, 15 September 2013 - 03:27 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#9    Tarnibritan

Tarnibritan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• No rest for the wicked

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Same people who created ancient aliens tv series probably had a hand in this. I love how devoted they are to their cause. Mind you they will probably having the last laugh, it could be credible....

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,803 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

What I've come to believe is that with many people beginning to turn away from organized religion, that they still feel a need to believe in something and Aliens are a handy replacement.

Edited by DieChecker, 16 September 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 39,690 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 16 September 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

What I've come to believe is that with many people beginning to turn away from organized religion, that they still feel a need to believe in something and Aliens are a handy replacement.
Oh, 100%. Most of those who leave organized religion start believing in some other kind of yaddah. A few exceptions apply though.

about me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users