Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

A question for all skeptics

• Please log in to reply
712 replies to this topic

#706    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,338 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

View Postjoc, on 06 January 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

So are you now prepared to create your new religion?  I suggest naming it  The First Church of the Quantum Field :yes:
Not sure if I'd want to get entangled with that .

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#707    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

View PostThe Id3al Experience, on 06 January 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

Sign me up, how much pencetage of my wages do I have to give to said church?
It's random. :D

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#708    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 06 January 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

Not sure if I'd want to get entangled with that .
Ha! :D  that's ok only people that are twins could join anyway.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#709    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,338 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 08 January 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

Ha! :D  that's ok only people that are twins could join anyway.
I guess conjoined twins would  collect the  donations. They could do both sides of the aisle at one time.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#710    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 08 January 2014 - 01:26 PM, said:

I guess conjoined twins would  collect the  donations. They could do both sides of the aisle at one time.
This is true. It would certainly be an interesting church. People walking through walls, popping in and out randomly... A visitor might actually consider it spooky.

Bruce Lee-

#711    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:18 PM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 08 January 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

This is true. It would certainly be an interesting church. People walking through walls, popping in and out randomly... A visitor might actually consider it spooky.
Who knows...Jesus might pop in one day and Buddah the next...Krishna and John Lennon pop in on roller skates...then Muhammed hops in riding a big bunny....Donations might include...soda pop can pull tops or...bars of nuclear enriched Plutonium...or a cigarette butt from 6th street in Austin...

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#712    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

View Postjoc, on 09 January 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

Who knows...Jesus might pop in one day and Buddah the next...Krishna and John Lennon pop in on roller skates...then Muhammed hops in riding a big bunny....Donations might include...soda pop can pull tops or...bars of nuclear enriched Plutonium...or a cigarette butt from 6th street in Austin...
Oh gese..... I'm getting flash backs from the $8 I wasted on some movie about across the galaxy or something  like that.

Bruce Lee-

#713    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 3,128 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

View Postjoc, on 06 January 2014 - 11:16 PM, said:

So are you now prepared to create your new religion?  I suggest naming it  The First Church of the Quantum Field :yes:

I don't think I need to create anything new because I don't find anti-Jewish the idea of granting to the Primal Cause a new name of Quantum Field. After all, Judaism is rich with names to describe God's handiwork in the universe. It won't make much of a difference to add just this one more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users