Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Feinsten + Navy Yard shooting

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

It is better to honor the dead than clout up the topic dedicated to their tragic demises.

The political aspects of the Navy Yard shooting should be discussed on a separate topic.

Here we go!

http://www.nationalj...l-laws-20130916

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, one of the Senate's leading voices on gun control, called for stricter gun laws in the aftermath of Monday's killings at Washington's Navy Yard.

The California Democrat said the deaths of the 12 people Monday were at the hands of a man armed with an AR-15, a shotgun, and a semiautomatic handgun, although details of his weapons have not been confirmed.

Her statement reads in part:

"This is one more event to add to the litany of massacres that occur when a deranged person or grievance killer is able to obtain multiple weapons—including a military-style assault rifle—and kill many people in a short amount of time. When will enough be enough? Congress must stop shirking its responsibility and resume a thoughtful debate on gun violence in this country. We must do more to stop this endless loss of life."

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#2    spartan max2

spartan max2

Government Agent

• 3,686 posts

• People get mad when it rains or it shines but no one gets mad at the moon

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

Yet again it was in a gun free zone.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#3    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,608 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

and yet laws are absolutely powerless to stop shootings, and she knows it.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#4    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,170 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 17 September 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

Of course it was a gun-free zone, it was a bloody military base. All firearms on a military base are scrupulously secured in the armoury.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#5    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

- Antisthenes.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 17 September 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

More like a gun-free zone within a gun-free zone.

Washington itself is a gun-free zone; military installations don't allow active members to carry.

Except for Military Police; and even then, they may not have live or actual ammunition in their sidearms.

View Postaztek, on 17 September 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

and yet laws are absolutely powerless to stop shootings, and she knows it.

She's an evil witch, in my opinion, who stood on the bodies of those poor dead children from Newtown.

Posted Image

#6    Gromdor

Gromdor

Poltergeist

• 2,168 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

Saying a military installation is gun-free is kind of like saying a Chicago or D.C. police station is gun-free.  That place had armed security and metal detectors. Not much you can do though when someone unloads into a crowded cafeteria.

#7    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,608 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

^^^^^^ so how come no one shot him??  why fort hood shoter was not stopped in his tracks?

how long do you think someone would continue shooting if he started it at a police station? how many times have you heard of a shooting at police station?? (a hint, all cops are armed) why aren't soldiers?

Edited by aztek, 17 September 2013 - 01:05 AM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#8    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

- Antisthenes.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

View PostGromdor, on 17 September 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

Saying a military installation is gun-free is kind of like saying a Chicago or D.C. police station is gun-free.  That place had armed security and metal detectors. Not much you can do though when someone unloads into a crowded cafeteria.

Most weapons are stored on military bases.

View Postaztek, on 17 September 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

^^^^^^ so how come no one shot him??  why fort hood shoter was not stopped in his tracks?

how long do you think someone would continue shooting if he started it at a police station? how many times have you heard of a shooting at police station?? (a hint, all cops are armed) why aren't soldiers?

The same reason.. Most workers were unarmed.

The soldiers at Fort Hood had to wait for the police to arrive to be saved.

It's clear to me that Gun Control doesn't work, and historically it's the policy of brain-dead or evil leaders.

Gun-free zones + Gun Control + ? = Profit!

Posted Image

#9    pbarosso

pbarosso

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

yeah. Feinstein is an evil witch. we all hate her in California yet she somehow blows smoke up her cronies' arses and viola! shes in office for another term. I wish some gun man would break into DC and shoot with a paintball gun just to prove a point. but hit her in the eyes and blind the witch...seriously.

I would challenge her to a dual if I could.

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#10    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,926 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostHatake Kakashi, on 17 September 2013 - 01:29 AM, said:

Most weapons are stored on military bases.

The same reason.. Most workers were unarmed.

The soldiers at Fort Hood had to wait for the police to arrive to be saved.

It's clear to me that Gun Control doesn't work, and historically it's the policy of brain-dead or evil leaders.

Gun-free zones + Gun Control + ? = Profit!

Yes... especially when the ones creating the laws walk around with fully armed body guards.... says a lot about who they're really protecting.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#11    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

- Antisthenes.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

View Postpbarosso, on 17 September 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

yeah. Feinstein is an evil witch. we all hate her in California yet she somehow blows smoke up her cronies' arses and viola! shes in office for another term. I wish some gun man would break into DC and shoot with a paintball gun just to prove a point. but hit her in the eyes and blind the witch...seriously.

I would challenge her to a dual if I could.

I hope you'd pull an Aaron Burr / Alexander Hamilton and use flintlocks for the extra laugh.

It's the gentleman's way. While Feinstein surely isn't gentle with her intentions, she sure is a man.

Or at least looks the part with her evil eyes and need to enable destructive policies.

View Postacidhead, on 17 September 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

Yes... especially when the ones creating the laws walk around with fully armed body guards.... says a lot about who they're really protecting.

Themselves and no one else. They take the money of the poor (the ones not on welfare and food stamps), and live freely to excess, take vacation after vacation (or is it just Obama that takes eight vacations?), all the while almost passive aggressively passing laws that deliberately target the rights of the people that they are supposed to protect.

To me, Miss Feinstein looks like she has another opportunity to put another tragedy to good use.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi, 17 September 2013 - 01:44 AM.

Posted Image

#12    Maureen_jacobs

Maureen_jacobs

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

Interestingly enough, there are a few sacrificial lambs that carry guns.  They are meant to slow the bad folks down.  Otherwise all guns from persons and/or residences on the base are stored in the Armory leaving 99% unarmed.

@maureen_jacobs ~ twitter

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

View PostHatake Kakashi, on 17 September 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

More like a gun-free zone within a gun-free zone.

Washington itself is a gun-free zone; military installations don't allow active members to carry.

Except for Military Police; and even then, they may not have live or actual ammunition in their sidearms.

She's an evil witch, in my opinion, who stood on the bodies of those poor dead children from Newtown.
Didn't she initially gain notoriety in SF after Harvey Milk was assassinated?  If I remember that correctly I'd say she's been stepping on bodies for a while now.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#14    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

View Postpbarosso, on 17 September 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

yeah. Feinstein is an evil witch. we all hate her in California

apparently you are in a vanishing minority. She won 63% of the vote in the last election. "everyone" has a strange meaning your mind...

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#15    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

- Antisthenes.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

View Postand then, on 17 September 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

Didn't she initially gain notoriety in SF after Harvey Milk was assassinated?  If I remember that correctly I'd say she's been stepping on bodies for a while now.

If it goes back that far, geeze, I'd say longer than a while.

Then again, it doesn't surprise me.

Most politicians make a living on the bodies of thousands; whether victims of gun-free zones or 'peace' bombs dropped on foreign soil as the result of drones, air strikes, or whatever mode of destruction. There is no boundary for their shame.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users