Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Singing in The Spirit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,991 posts

• How is it that you can hear me, when indeed I am not speaking, nor am I standing there?

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

Singing in the spirit is a powerful way to connect with God and give him praise. I know that many on this site don't believe in God per se' but I do believe their are a vast majority here who can recognize their own spirit and sing in it. In this case I guess I would say you should sing to life and appreciate everything good and sing with a happy and loving heart. You can humm, you can say La La La... This lady was passing out literature which prescribed singing "ha", and I am beginning to think this spiritual practice led to the origination of  the word, Hallelujah, which means highest praise and is a word I normally cone to and repeat when I am singing in the spirit. You can make uo your own words or you can sing something you wrote or even another persons words.. I think the best  way is to let the words come to you. You can merely sway back and forth when you pray, you can visit a place known for thier corporate sing like a church during praise time, but when you are alone or in charge you can govern the message.

This is whats done in churches and the meaning of gospel music and alsi how we shoyld pray, in the spirit. You can have many powerful spiritual outpourings with this practise and its totally free.

Let me know some stories about your current praise life and or the results after you gave it a try.

This is something I've done quite a bit of and something I always miss and know I need to get back to when its been a while. I will tell you once, long ago I actually did praise god and I could feel arms around me holding me tight, I was being held by them and when I opened my eyes I was turned around. I know how one would say "oh you were in a forced state of hypnosis" or some such matter but I do still like the memory, the feeling of love and all the other comforting messages I got from that moment, but this to me does not prove God but because I believe in him I can easily give him credit for coming to be with me that day as well as understand he is with me everyday...

Singing in the spirit is one way to open the door to further advancements in the spirit. I encourage it for all.

Blessings all

Pls forgive the typos

Edited by SpiritWriter, 17 September 2013 - 07:45 PM.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#2    Stubbly_Dooright

Stubbly_Dooright

♫♪♀♀♀♫♪

• 3,311 posts

• ♪♫ Dementia, you're
    driving me crazy! ♫♪
    - Owlcity.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

I was going to joke and say some who know me consider me a bad singer. All jokes aside, I wouldn't know, of what you talk.
Sorry. With my spiritual sense, there are times I feel giddy and thus the feeling of song, or to sing, because of joyfulness occurs. I like to sing, and I love music. I love to be close to music, but I think it's the music itself. As to a higher being, I'm thinking it's the other way around, your given the gift of music in your heart. Just my take, sorry.

Posted Image  Greetings and Salutations!!!
If you wont talk to your cat about catnip......who will?
Introverts unite! But only on the internet.

#3    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 16,149 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

The first human music imitated the rythmn of heart beats. Music is indeed both a representation of, and a way to acces, the human spirit. My heart and mind is always full of music even though I am largely tone deaf. Music can be used to uplift ones spirits, emotions, heart, body and soul.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#4    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,548 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

There's the power of the word and a joyful noise, it's a powerful combination that can be used to celebrate or mourn, tell a story. Of all the gifts I wish I had, singing it at the top of the list. But I can chant like nobody's business! And I do sing, even thought I can't carry a tune, but I put my heart into it, and hope that people hear that.

#5    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,001 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

Tonight (well, technically last night) I luckily was able to partake something similiar for Jesus. I was at the Hospital visiting my sick aunt who is battling cancer and while she slept I decided to visit the Chapel (Or tiny Church?)downstairs to pray for her. They were nearing the end of a service and I joined them for a group prayer and then a couple of songs in dance and clapping for Jesus and God. It was uplifting and although I didn't sense an Angel or God hugging me, there was a pleasant energy in the room. I enjoyed it. I shall try the singing for God. What a wonderful way to express love and joy for Lord Jesus and our Father in Heaven. :D

#6    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,991 posts

• How is it that you can hear me, when indeed I am not speaking, nor am I standing there?

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

View PostEver After, on 18 September 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Tonight (well, technically last night) I luckily was able to partake something similiar for Jesus. I was at the Hospital visiting my sick aunt who is battling cancer and while she slept I decided to visit the Chapel (Or tiny Church?)downstairs to pray for her. They were nearing the end of a service and I joined them for a group prayer and then a couple of songs in dance and clapping for Jesus and God. It was uplifting and although I didn't sense an Angel or God hugging me, there was a pleasant energy in the room. I enjoyed it. I shall try the singing for God. What a wonderful way to express love and joy for Lord Jesus and our Father in Heaven. :D

Aww, sweet.  :)
Sorry to hear about your aunt, glad you could be there for her. :) keep singing, your right it is uplifting

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#7    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:45 AM

Interesting, SW, in Hawaiian "ha" is the breath of life and is the and is the way the ancient Hawaiians prayed.  The missionaries that came from England at the time were referred to as "haole"  pronounced ha-oh lay  which means without breath.   The ancient Hawaiians thought the missionaries looks dead because of their white skin and also because the did a lot of talking during prayers instead of breathing the "ha" which the ancients thought was distracting.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users