Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Absolute weirdness....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

Ok...I just experienced one of the weirdest things I have ever experienced.

I ran into a friend today....someone I have literally not seen or spoken to in 30 years...that is not a lie or a stretch....the last time I talked to this person was September, 1983......

I ran across them....we speak light talk....and then...after a little social grace...the conversation goes back to days gone by....

It was the weirdest thing...we spoke to each other as if we had never missed a beat....like we still knew each other....the conversation went over families....jobs....all the normal things and then went off the chart into things only real friends talk about....it was the absolute weirdest thing in the world....It wasn't that odd when we were blabbering....but when we parted ways and I was on my way home did I realize...."OK...that was just weird"....First weirdness....I hadn't seen this person in literally 30 years....second weirdness....is how comfortable it all felt....that was extreme weirdness.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?  I am sure it has, but it was kinda unsettling and yet not....I can't explain it....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#2    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,372 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Happens all the time...you'll notice it more and more as you get older.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#3    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:58 AM

Yes, I agree with Lilly. It does happen more frequently when one gets older. I reckon it helps to show that we are all connected and something inside of us never truly forgets, so we can just pick up where we left off.
I also like to think that it helps to strengthen us as a species and I think that is awesome! :clap:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

What Lilly said

Miss me?

#5    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,644 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

What a great experience! I've had a couple similar to this, but nothing as intense.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#6    rodentraiser

rodentraiser

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 372 posts

• "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

from Wrong Planet Forums

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

I just looked a favorite old song on Youtube that I hadn't heard in literally decades (not a well known song). Listening to it, I felt like I had heard it yesterday. I remembered all the lyrics, the notes, the stops, everything. It was plain bizarre.

Posted Image

I’m sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. The lesser of two evils is still evil. And almost always the lesser of two evils is our only choice.

We have been voting for the lesser of two evils for decade upon decade and look where it’s gotten us.     Coleman Luck

#7    SSilhouette

SSilhouette

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

I have a neat story along these lines that is totally true.  I had to say that at the outset because otherwise it sounds like some corny Hollywood movie script.

Many years ago I bought the house I am in now.  It was terribly run down and we had to pull out the walls, replace studs, plumbing electrical, on and on.  In one room one day my ex came out and showed me a letter he found stuffed in the wall behind some paneling.  It was a love letter from a young man to a young woman telling her how nice the dance was he took her to and how he really wanted to see her again and really liked her.

It was so innocent and precious that I decided to keep it.  So I put it in my dresser and forgot all about it.  Some months later a man pulled up in the driveway.  He'd been driving by and seen that we were working on the house.  We took him around and showed him the place.  He told us funny stories of his growing up there, where he shot holes in the ceiling accidentally, places where he played etc.  When he got in his car to leave we were chatting and suddenly I matched his name to the name on the letter.  I told him to wait and I sprinted into the house to give it to him, even as I realized it might make him a little uncomfortable to know we had it and had read it.  I handed it to him and he looked like he was in shock.  He didn't say much and jumped in his car and sort of sped away.

About a year later a van pulls up in the drive and he jumped out.  He said , "hey, I've got someone I want you to meet".  A very frumpy older lady with gray hair climbed out of the passenger seat and came to shake my hand.  The man explained that when he had come the first time to visit, he was newly divorced.  After reading the letter he went on a search to find this young gal he'd taken to the dance that day.  When he finally found her, he came to find that she had just been divorced too.  Long story short, he said when they spoke it was as if they had never spent a day apart.  They really loved each other and he, still dashing in his 50s found her irresistable as a worn out old mom.  It was cute.  They just had gotten married!

Turns out that after the dance he'd written the letter and was too chicken to send it to her so he just stuffed it in the wall.  As it turns out she had waited for some call or sign from him and got none so she felt rejected and went off to marry another man.  He, stunned and sad married someone else too and the both went off to have children in these relationships that were started not from love but from rejection of someone else.  Only there was no rejection!  Only miscommunication and fear.

The letter in the wall was the spark that got him thinking about past regrets.  He went out and did the right thing the second time around.  They were giddy as any teenagers when they pulled up.  Just as close as when they went to the dance together many decades before.

#8    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:44 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 18 September 2013 - 05:33 AM, said:

Ok...I just experienced one of the weirdest things I have ever experienced.

I ran into a friend today....someone I have literally not seen or spoken to in 30 years...that is not a lie or a stretch....the last time I talked to this person was September, 1983......

I ran across them....we speak light talk....and then...after a little social grace...the conversation goes back to days gone by....

It was the weirdest thing...we spoke to each other as if we had never missed a beat....like we still knew each other....the conversation went over families....jobs....all the normal things and then went off the chart into things only real friends talk about....it was the absolute weirdest thing in the world....It wasn't that odd when we were blabbering....but when we parted ways and I was on my way home did I realize...."OK...that was just weird"....First weirdness....I hadn't seen this person in literally 30 years....second weirdness....is how comfortable it all felt....that was extreme weirdness.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?  I am sure it has, but it was kinda unsettling and yet not....I can't explain it....

If you look for weirdness in your life, more than likely you'll find a way to convince yourself that it is there. Running into an old friend and reminiscing is hardly the strangest thing in the world.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users