Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Jetpack Is Coming - From New Zealand

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    Emeraldgemheart

Emeraldgemheart

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

• "In the end, you will always kneel" - Loki

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Jetpack... I'm getting one.

#17    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,796 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

View Postseeder, on 19 September 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

maybe they will turn up at flying clubs, and can be rented by the hour / session - like microlights?  Fingers crossed anyway

Like Segways, just a few insurance forms to fill in before you fly.

Interesting to see how this pans out, the first thing my son asked is how much it will be and would I buy one.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#18    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 13,311 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 19 September 2013 - 10:13 PM, said:

Like Segways, just a few insurance forms to fill in before you fly.

Interesting to see how this pans out, the first thing my son asked is how much it will be and would I buy one.

all new stuff costs big money, and why not, that guy did 30 years of his life to develop that!! So yeh, give it time and it'll be cheaper...or for hire at clubs etc

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#19    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

It seems to me parking options would be quite limited. Maybe land on your office roof?
I don't see any wheels. So I guess you're stuck where you land, so get it right the first time?
Looks like a blast though! 7000 feet up, perfect

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#20    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

Was expecting something much cooler like the size of a backpack. This doesnt look fun at all.

#21    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,774 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:21 AM

Well, if it ever gets to a price-point that is affordable to the masses, I hope there will be some type of regulation:

I once saw a Nature video of birds flying after consuming intoxicating berries. It was not a pretty site. They were flying into each other, also falling to the ground, and also crashing into trees.

#22    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 7,868 posts

• I'd rather laugh than argue.

Choose your weapon.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:59 AM

View Postpallidin, on 20 September 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

...I once saw a Nature video of birds flying after consuming intoxicating berries. It was not a pretty site. They were flying into each other, also falling to the ground, and also crashing into trees.

Sold! They've promised us these things since the Seattle World's Fair ('62?). I'm in. Next up, Flying Cars!

Hey, you can't live forever.

#23    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

Don't mind me if I go ahead and become a bounty hunter and change my name to Boba Fett.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#24    Shayde

Shayde

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

View PostHatake Kakashi, on 20 September 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Don't mind me if I go ahead and become a bounty hunter and change my name to Boba Fett.

That might be a bad idea. Giving what happened to him... :td:  Now, changing your name to Rocketeer though.... :tu:

#25    nothinglizx2

nothinglizx2

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

waste of money for a noisy experience that will only get you so far and so high till you have to parachute back to land.  The Rocketeers jetpack  is the ideal jet pack for the aerospace fanatic.

#26    puckmomma

puckmomma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Too Scared of heights. Count me out, not me.

#27    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 13,311 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

View Postnothinglizx2, on 20 September 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

waste of money for a noisy experience that will only get you so far and so high till you have to parachute back to land.  The Rocketeers jetpack  is the ideal jet pack for the aerospace fanatic.

You dont have to parachute back to land, you just hover down, the same way you went up. The parachute is only there for emergencies

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users