Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Starbucks says don't bring your guns

starbucks guns coffee starbucks appreciation day outlets

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,917 posts

• States are domed when they are unable to distinguish good men from bad.

- Antisthenes.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostEver After, on 19 September 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

Well I don't see why anyone would bring a gun into a coffee shop to begin with or am I missing something here? Did Starbucks previously provide somekind of shooting range for customers with guns? Oy vey!

What if some ordinary man or woman had come back from a firing range and had their concealed carry on them..

And then decided to spend their well earned money at Starbucks?

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#17    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,761 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

I just assumed that most places were like my home state - concealed carry only.  If so then I can't imagine the problem.  Of course if it's open carry I can see how it might make some folks uncomfortable.  I have no problem with seeing someone with a handgun on display.  It's the one's you can't see that you should maybe be concerned with :)

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#18    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,015 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostHatake Kakashi, on 19 September 2013 - 05:36 AM, said:

What if some ordinary man or woman had come back from a firing range and had their concealed carry on them..

They should simply keep it in their car and problem solved. It really shouldn't even be an issue. If they refuse, then they can take their well earned money some place else and viola! Problem solved.

Edited by Ever After, 19 September 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#19    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

View Postand then, on 19 September 2013 - 06:00 AM, said:

I just assumed that most places were like my home state - concealed carry only.  If so then I can't imagine the problem.  Of course if it's open carry I can see how it might make some folks uncomfortable.  I have no problem with seeing someone with a handgun on display.  It's the one's you can't see that you should maybe be concerned with :)
Whether or not I can see it seems beside the point -- either way it can kill just as easy.

#20    Agent0range

Agent0range

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

If that is the case, then they can!  Starbucks did not BAN guns, which they very well could have.  They have used their right to ASK customers not to bring them in.  Pro-gun people should be applauding Starbucks for trying to support their belief while not stripping the rights of their customers.

#21    Mantis914

Mantis914

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

• You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Plato

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

Maybe Starbuck saw the amount of traffic that Chick Fil A got during the gay marriage dilemma a few months back and got the idea to get free publicity and more people to frequent their shop and increase sales...

#22    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

I live in an open carry state.  If I had a holstered pistol and walked into a Starbucks establishment, they could meet me at the door and suggest that my gun is not welcome and okay, I would go somewhere else.  I probably also would never go in there again.  TBH, I've never gone to Starbucks in my life, so it wouldn't be a big loss.

Edited because I need glasses to see the screen.

Edited by moonshadow60, 19 September 2013 - 05:49 PM.

#23    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

They could leave it secured in the car... Or go through the drive through...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#24    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Good old America... Where people are free to make their own decisions---except the decisions you don't agree with. Then they're evil dictators who have no right to make that decision because its unamerican to think that way. They can go **** themselves.

:rolleyes:

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#25    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

if guns are concealed, than how would anyone know you have one?

leaving a gun in a car is a dumb advice, what if someone steals the car? than a gun would be in hands of criminals, exactly what gunhaters are bi.tc.ing about. not to mention, a person might be walking, or ride a bike.

Edited by aztek, 19 September 2013 - 06:37 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#26    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,546 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm a bit surprised that this is being debated.  

In my state, Colorado, if there is a posted sign saying "No Guns" then NO GUNS are permitted on THAT PRIVATE PROPERTY.  We have open carry and carry concealed here.  We've had some pretty horrendous shootings as well.  You want to go to Starbucks and get coffee?  Either use the drive thru, take your gun home or make your own damn coffee at your house.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#27    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

or get your coffie someplace else.

NRA should open their own coffee shops.  "no gun no service", lol.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#28    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,174 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postaztek, on 19 September 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

or get your coffie someplace else.

NRA should open their own coffee shops.  "no gun no service", lol.
Maybe have a firing range out the back "hit the target, get a free drink" that sort of thing.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#29    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,831 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:05 AM

I've always believed that businesses should have the right to refuse service. So I say good for Starbucks. I agree with the posters who say, "go through the Drive Through".

This is the same as seeing a "No Shoes" and just busting in anyway and demanding coffee. The business gets to set these rules. If they loose business, well that was their choice now wasn't it?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#30    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

If a restaurant can properly demand shoes and a shirt, why can't it ban guns?  I would think someone wearing a gun at a table near other customers might cause them to leave, and might cause staff to quit.  So it could be a good business decision to ban them.

Someone feeling umbrage at a business exercising a perfectly legal right seems odd for those who otherwise so emphasize their personal freedoms.  In fact I would call it hypocrisy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users