Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * - - - 3 votes

Halloween is it the best time to find ghosts?


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31    Mike G

Mike G

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Joined:08 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:26 PM

View Postcrowman, on 19 September 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

It has been said that on Halloween the vial between the living and the spirit world is the thinnest. Making it the best time to find ghosts.Some say Halloween is just for Trick or Treat,
Whats your opinion ?

I somehow doubt that a bunch of dead people sit around staring at an ectoplasmic calendar all year waiting for some arbitray living day to come around so that they can act up. Btw, the word is veil.

Posted Image

#32    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Pineapple under the Sea

  • Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostMike G, on 22 September 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

I somehow doubt that a bunch of dead people sit around staring at an ectoplasmic calendar all year waiting for some arbitray living day to come around so that they can act up. Btw, the word is veil.

I don't believe people who has passed to the Otherworld are all that bothered about communicating with the living at all.  I think it is usually the other way, people wanting reassurances about their passed loved ones.

So I don't think they sit around waiting at all.  I just believe that at Samhain the thin veil between the two worlds lifts so that if the living want to communicate with their passed loved ones it makes it easier.

Part of my ritual on Samhain involves setting places at dinner for my passed loved ones to join us.  As the thin veil means any spirits can pass through, we do still carve pumpkins (turnips, although more traditional are harder work lol) as these are supposed to scare unwanted spirits away from your home.

As a Pagan I don't usually involve my children in my religion much as I want them to chose their own paths in life, however at Samhain some of the Pagan traditions are becoming such common practice I feel I can get them involved without feeling as though I am pushing my religion on them as they do all this kind of stuff at school and all the other kids do it too.

Samhain is my favourite festival in the whole year and is equivellant to the Pagan new year.  It's the full turning of the wheel.

If people are interested in trying to contact spirits at Samhain have a look online and find some basic Samhain rituals.  I'd recommend some kind of protection ritual first.


#33    Herobrine123

Herobrine123

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:16 Jun 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Corner Brook

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Yes, it is the best time to find ghosts, but its a really bad idea. A few of my friends went out for ghost hunting on Halloween, but they went missing. They were found in a sewer like Carmen Winstead with a broken neck and their face ripped off. So, unless you want to lose your face, don't go ghost hunting on Halloween, or in October at all, for a matter of fact.


#34    Angel1510

Angel1510

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Portsmouth, UK

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostHerobrine123, on 23 September 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Yes, it is the best time to find ghosts, but its a really bad idea. A few of my friends went out for ghost hunting on Halloween, but they went missing. They were found in a sewer like Carmen Winstead with a broken neck and their face ripped off. So, unless you want to lose your face, don't go ghost hunting on Halloween, or in October at all, for a matter of fact.

It is not very likely that a ghost did that to your friend.  It's more likely to be the living.

Edited by Angel1510, 23 September 2013 - 01:28 PM.


#35    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • Joined:20 May 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostHerobrine123, on 23 September 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Yes, it is the best time to find ghosts, but its a really bad idea. A few of my friends went out for ghost hunting on Halloween, but they went missing. They were found in a sewer like Carmen Winstead with a broken neck and their face ripped off. So, unless you want to lose your face, don't go ghost hunting on Halloween, or in October at all, for a matter of fact.

very active imagination going on there... when coupled with our other post(bloody mary http://www.unexplain...howtopic=255055) on here the one thing we can take as a matter of fact is that being your friend equates to being found dead

Edited by Overdueleaf, 23 September 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#36    Calcifer11

Calcifer11

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined:08 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Balsam Grove, NC USA

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

"Halloween", as most know it, is a modernization of Samhain.... complete with the wrong date (for convenience).
Samhain, as all of the other "pagan" holidays, are based on the relationship between the Earth's and Sun's relative positions.
ArchaeoAstronomy has a great online tool that you can use to determine the correct times and dates for your location - you just have to plug in your location and you'll get a pretty clear picture of what is going on:

http://www.archaeoas...om/myclock.html

This link will probably take you to where I have it set at (Balsam Grove, NC) - but you can easily reset it for wherever you happen to be.

Michael

Edited by Calcifer11, 24 September 2013 - 12:42 PM.


#37    rashore

rashore

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,143 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostCalcifer11, on 24 September 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

"Halloween", as most know it, is a modernization of Samhain.... complete with the wrong date (for convenience).
Samhain, as all of the other "pagan" holidays, are based on the relationship between the Earth's and Sun's relative positions.
ArchaeoAstronomy has a great online tool that you can use to determine the correct times and dates for your location - you just have to plug in your location and you'll get a pretty clear picture of what is going on:

http://www.archaeoas...om/myclock.html

This link will probably take you to where I have it set at (Balsam Grove, NC) - but you can easily reset it for wherever you happen to be.

Michael

Great link, thanks :)


#38    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 2,601 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about and blame it on "paranormal”

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

View PostHerobrine123, on 23 September 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Yes, it is the best time to find ghosts, but its a really bad idea. A few of my friends went out for ghost hunting on Halloween, but they went missing. They were found in a sewer like Carmen Winstead with a broken neck and their face ripped off. So, unless you want to lose your face, don't go ghost hunting on Halloween, or in October at all, for a matter of fact.

After you tried to demean me on another thread, I did some research. I called The Western Star, It's the Corner Brook news paper, I inquired about the nature of this claim. Told them that the honest truth, that the person who i heard this from is most likely making it up. After being on hold for twenty minutes, rotated between three people, local news, police news and national news, all three said they never heard of this, I finally spoke to a named Mary, who told me, "No sir, there never been any thing like that, other wise it would of been national or even global news". I thanked her and then went Googling. Amazing enough, never happened ever any where near by.

Edited by Brian Topp, 05 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#39    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

    Secret Jesus

  • Member
  • 2,429 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostBrian Topp, on 05 October 2013 - 03:04 PM, said:

After you tried to demean me on another thread, I did some research. I called The Western Star, It's the Corner Brook news paper, I inquired about the nature of this claim. Told them that the honest truth, that the person who i heard this from is most likely making it up. After being on hold for twenty minutes, rotated between three people, local news, police news and national news, all three said they never heard of this, I finally spoke to a named Mary, who told me, "No sir, there never been any thing like that, other wise it would of been national or even global news". I thanked her and then went Googling. Amazing enough, never happened ever any where near by.
You'd think knowing how to use Google to fact check would be part of the training to be a ghost hunter as Herobrine123 supposedly is to recognise what is obviously an Internet hoax.

I would have also though that being a ghost hunter in training (which sounds pretty formal) he/she would know that fact checking and detailed reporting is very important and that telling wild unsubstantiated stories with no facts to back them up about your friends being found dead in a sewer with their faces ripped off and friends being found in bathtubs beheaded when out ghost hunting is not how you expect a proper paranormal investigator to behave.

In fact, if I was a ghost/demon hunter in training (as Herobrine123 claims to be) and my experiences so far involved a whole bunch of my friends being beheaded in bathtubs, having their faces ripped off and their bodies dumped in sewers, being stabbed in the back, etc. while out ghost or demon hunting, I'd pack in the whole idea and think about an entirely different career.

Edited by JesseCuster, 05 October 2013 - 04:47 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#40    joz48

joz48

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 159 posts
  • Joined:28 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • What do you call the seventh son of the seventh son???

    The last to eat at the table

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

View Postcrowman, on 19 September 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

It has been said that on Halloween the vial between the living and the spirit world is the thinnest. Making it the best time to find ghosts.Some say Halloween is just for Trick or Treat,
Whats your opinion ?

No it's not.......the best time to catch a ghost is when it's least expecting it.......say when it's have it's breakfast or reading the paper :cry:


#41    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

    Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

  • Member
  • 2,601 posts
  • Joined:10 Sep 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Year next Tuesday!

  • “The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about and blame it on "paranormal”

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 05 October 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

You'd think knowing how to use Google to fact check would be part of the training to be a ghost hunter as Herobrine123 supposedly is to recognise what is obviously an Internet hoax.

I would have also though that being a ghost hunter in training (which sounds pretty formal) he/she would know that fact checking and detailed reporting is very important and that telling wild unsubstantiated stories with no facts to back them up about your friends being found dead in a sewer with their faces ripped off and friends being found in bathtubs beheaded when out ghost hunting is not how you expect a proper paranormal investigator to behave.

In fact, if I was a ghost/demon hunter in training (as Herobrine123 claims to be) and my experiences so far involved a whole bunch of my friends being beheaded in bathtubs, having their faces ripped off and their bodies dumped in sewers, being stabbed in the back, etc. while out ghost or demon hunting, I'd pack in the whole idea and think about an entirely different career.

I agree, If people want to take you seriously, you can not go around making stories. It's the classic, boy who cried wolf. I sense this member is a kid for the way she/he types and behaves.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.


#42    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Joined:07 Sep 2013
  • Gender:Male

  • "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, sounds like a kid. Or someone who has failed in life and so uses the internet to make their feeble life sound  better.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users