Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Shape-shifting' UFO filmed over Belfast

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

A family in Northern Ireland have filmed a strange object in the skies over the capital this week.

Footage of the object has gone viral since appearing on YouTube a few days ago. According to the video caption, the object, which seems to gradually change shape, was traveling in a westerly direction behind Cavehill which overlooks the city of Belfast.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ed-over-belfast

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    taniwha

taniwha

Hi. If im an idiot, then im an idiot for truth.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostUM-Bot, on 19 September 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

A family in Northern Ireland have filmed a strange object in the skies over the capital this week.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ed-over-belfast

Whatever it is, conveniently drifts in and out of focus. Similar to a blurry kite minding its own business. The shapeshifting must of happened as an afterthought as there is no evidence this is an animate object.

#3    diablo_04

diablo_04

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

I'm guessing kids helium animal balloon. First i thought could be some guy on a jet pack, but as I know the jet pack can fly for 30 to 60 sec

Edited by diablo_04, 19 September 2013 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips

#4    diablo_04

diablo_04

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

And I must ad there is no shape shifting the "object" is just rotated by the wind.

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips

#5    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,179 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

hehe just google up 'flying humanoid' for similar worldwide pics :lol:

Not that I believe it is. Most likely something like a trash bag/tarp or balloon. I also have a big issue with anything claiming to shapeshift. I mean the phrase 'shapeshift' literally implies something like a plastic bag doesn't it?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#6    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,179 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

View Postdiablo_04, on 19 September 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

I'm guessing kids helium balloon. First i thought could be some guy on a jet pack, but the as i know the jet pack can fly for 30 to 60 sec

Not any more, a new jetpack has been developed that can go over a kilometer high, and fly for some time. And its to be released to the PUBLIC so anyone with the money can have one!!

more vids
http://www.unexplain...opic=254799&hl=

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#7    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:29 AM

These videos are interesting but always leave me a bit "sea sick"  :wacko:

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#8    Technocrat

Technocrat

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog." Anon.

"Art is what you can get away with." Andy Warhol.

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Come on people! It's a large black bin liner filled with gas - the latest fad in Belfast these days. Shapeshifting UFO indeed. :no:

Posted Image

​"​A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely fool proof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams.

#9    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,270 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

View Postseeder, on 19 September 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

Not any more, a new jetpack has been developed that can go over a kilometer high, and fly for some time. And its to be released to the PUBLIC so anyone with the money can have one!!

more vids
http://www.unexplain...opic=254799&hl=

Beat me to it Seeder, I just read that thread before reading this one.

I was also disapointed at the lack of shape-shifting. <_<

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#10    ExoPaul

ExoPaul

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

Why oh why oh why does nobody video this stuff for like 30 seconds and then MOVE CLOSER to it? I mean, jump in the car, drive a couple of miles closer, if its still there video it again for a minute with much clearer detail (and hopefully explanation) and then if some doubt still, jump back in the car and move closer yet again!!!! EVERYTHING can look unusual from a massive distance, but the reality is that it could be anything from a kite in the shape of a snake, to a balloon advertising the opening of a new pet store, to some camera crew using a new state of the art photography drone! All of which can be explained away if people stop thinking "got to film aliens for 20 mins" and just filmed them for 1 minute then GOT CLOSER to it!!!

#11    slaughtr

slaughtr

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

• I Doubt Nothing!!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Whatever it is it shot out of nowhere then reappeared so to say some gibberish about a balloon is crazy.I would like to see what it is but I have seen this before on the net but somewhere different.As always some skeptic trying to pinpont and cast it out but I'm used to the non believers so it's whatever.Hopefully the mystery will be solved right???? Yea right just like the crash at roswell was a ballon ,I'm done for today.

Edited by slaughtr, 19 September 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#12    stereologist

stereologist

Government Agent

• 4,362 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Yawn. That was boring. Anyone every think about holding the camera in a steady manner?

#13    Lex540

Lex540

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 57 posts

• I am unique and distinct

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

you should cut this ufo nonsense its no longer intresting

#14    twobytwice

twobytwice

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

• Smart Monkay

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

It's Megatron.

#15    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postseeder, on 19 September 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

FINALLY!!! so far, all i got is a t-shirt hat has a jet pack printed on its back! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users