Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

Tormented Navy Yard killer believed

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

REVEALED: Tormented Navy Yard killer believed 'people were sending vibrations to his body via microwave machine' six weeks before rampage - and was 'heart-broken after Thai girl dumped him''
  • Aaron Alexis, 34, the heavily armed gunman who killed 12 people and injured eight at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington D.C. – suffered a host of mental illnesses
  • Visited Thailand in March 2012 and was left devastated when a girl declined to come back to the U.S. and live with him
  • Reportedly 'heard voices' coming from his hotel closet last month while staying in Newport, Rhode Island
  • Friends reported that Alexis was a heavy drinker and played mammoth sessions of violent video games
  • Had a huge chip on his shoulder that he was ‘not man enough’ because his father made him feel inadequate
  • Reports claim that he had packed a dismantled shotgun in his bag and went through security

Posted Image

Great my thought are not my own.

#2    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

And the "dark forces" behind this use it to cause yet another shooter bloodbath and not enslave the world. Not much imagination and ambition shown by these "dark forces".

#3    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,775 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

He heard voices - either he was schizophrenic or someone was beaming thoughts into hos head.
Well stuff me, this is one of those questions that'll never have a satisfactory answer isn't it!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

And Nazis in UFOs got Richard Chase to eat people.

#5    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,531 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

It's a good thing they treated him with psychoactive drugs.  Eventually, that ended his misery.

Sad story, but not the first time humans have reported such phenomena.

#6    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Let's see here...in regard to the OP:

This is what was shared with us (in bullet point)
My responses are in red:

" Aaron Alexis, 34, the heavily armed gunman who killed 12 people and injured eight at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington D.C. – suffered a host of mental illnesses
Sounds like the perfect person I'd want to employ. Nifty.

Visited Thailand in March 2012 and was left devastated when a girl declined to come back to the U.S. and live with him

Smart girl.

Reportedly 'heard voices' coming from his hotel closet last month while staying in Newport, Rhode Island

Should have sought professional help. Even alien abductees do that at least.

Friends reported that Alexis was a heavy drinker and played mammoth sessions of violent video games
Friends should have done an intervention.

Had a huge chip on his shoulder that he was ‘not man enough’ because his father made him feel inadequate
Aww. A tale of woe. Another blame it on the parentscape in order to not take responsibility for one's own actions.

Reports claim that he had packed a dismantled shotgun in his bag and went through security"
Everyone should be checked through security, with clearance or not. (I am not meaning this in regards to airport security, just to this specific episode.)

So, what we have here is someone that was at the right place at the right time to be given this job. Can you really blame him for that? Well no not really. Who can you blame? Let's see... the people who hired him and failed to do a proper check. Any type of military training that a person has is meaningless unless they have the moral and ethical sanity to be able to carry out that training with a sense of obligation to know wrong from right.
Tragic episodes such as this can be easily prevented at the base level, meaning at the time paperwork starts being shuffled prior to interview, during interview and post interview. Someone should have done their investigatory work regardless of the kind of clearance the navy gave him. Why take on someone else's mistake only to have it become your problem later.

Bah. Just. annoys. me.

:/

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#7    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,900 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

Asadora, on 19 September 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

So, what we have here is someone that was at the right place at the right time to be given this job. Can you really blame him for that? Well no not really. Who can you blame? Let's see... the people who hired him and failed to do a proper check. Any type of military training that a person has is meaningless unless they have the moral and ethical sanity to be able to carry out that training with a sense of obligation to know wrong from right.
Tragic episodes such as this can be easily prevented at the base level, meaning at the time paperwork starts being shuffled prior to interview, during interview and post interview. Someone should have done their investigatory work regardless of the kind of clearance the navy gave him. Why take on someone else's mistake only to have it become your problem later.

Bah. Just. annoys. me.

:/
Why do we always have to blame someone?  It is ultimate his own responsibility and outside of psychic foresight, I fail to see how any of what he did guarantees that he is going to be a psycho shooter one day.  This is a slippery slope which will marginalise and discriminate against many minorities because of diagnosed and quite possibly misdiagnosed mental conditions which are treatable, manageable and which the majority of folk live with while not at all considering violent action against others.

Do we deny everyone who enjoys violent vid games employment? Or a place in society equal to all others?  Do we blame friends for not having a psychology degree and recognising his personality quirks were actually a potential time bomb that could cause him to harm others?  For loving their friend, warts and all and not imagining him to be someone who could harm others?

He wasn't in the military - he was a sub-contractor doing work on the site with a valid but temporary pass, if he was legally qualified to carry out the task required of him, denying him the fiscal opportunity to do so would constitute discrimination - he would have to demonstrate via conviction for violent offences that he was not fit to be in a secured location of national interest before they could deny him the right to employment for which he was qualified.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Babe Ruth, on 19 September 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

It's a good thing they treated him with psychoactive drugs.  Eventually, that ended his misery.

Sad story, but not the first time humans have reported such phenomena.

Yeah, good thing they gave him, those pysch drugs, eh?? :no:

Considering the subject of the OP you might want to check this out:

Link: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=iGIA8igVM00

Apparently the shooter carved ELF in his weapon as well.... :unsure2:

#9    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,531 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

Saw that on TV last night Burt.  They don't know what the ELF stands for at this point.

Extra Low Frequency?

At least the msm finally got the right weapon listed.  The Daily Show had a ball with CNN's asinine coverage of the incident.  Stewart makes Blitzer look like a clown every chance he gets. :yes:

#10    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:57 PM

Babe Ruth, on 19 September 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Saw that on TV last night Burt.  They don't know what the ELF stands for at this point.

Extra Low Frequency?

At least the msm finally got the right weapon listed.  The Daily Show had a ball with CNN's asinine coverage of the incident.  Stewart makes Blitzer look like a clown every chance he gets. :yes:

That was really funny, I saw that. :)

#11    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Thought this link was interesting:

Link: http://truthstreamme...ontrol-weapons/

#12    tinysbox13

tinysbox13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 66 posts

• "**** Happens"

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Asadora, on 19 September 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Had a huge chip on his shoulder that he was ‘not man enough’ because his father made him feel inadequate
Aww. A tale of woe. Another blame it on the parentscape in order to not take responsibility for one's own actions.

Agreed.

david icke is right, on 19 September 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

• Friends reported that Alexis was a heavy drinker and played mammoth sessions of violent video games
Which video game(s) did Hitler play?

cogito ergo sum

#13    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,373 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

david icke is right, on 19 September 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

REVEALED: Tormented Navy Yard killer believed 'people were sending vibrations to his body via microwave machine' six weeks before rampage - and was 'heart-broken after Thai girl dumped him''
  • Aaron Alexis, 34, the heavily armed gunman who killed 12 people and injured eight at the Washington Navy Yard in Washington D.C. – suffered a host of mental illnesses
  • Visited Thailand in March 2012 and was left devastated when a girl declined to come back to the U.S. and live with him
  • Reportedly 'heard voices' coming from his hotel closet last month while staying in Newport, Rhode Island
  • Had a huge chip on his shoulder that he was ‘not man enough’ because his father made him feel inadequate
  • Reports claim that he had packed a dismantled shotgun in his bag and went through security
Posted Image

Great my thought are not my own.

True, but a bit obsolete.

#14    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Maybe Dan Rather was on to something back in '86 when he reported his Park Ave., NYC muggers as saying, while they pummeled and chased the CBS prima donna, ""What is the frequency, Kenneth?"

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#15    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

libstaK, on 19 September 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Why do we always have to blame someone?  It is ultimate his own responsibility and outside of psychic foresight, I fail to see how any of what he did guarantees that he is going to be a psycho shooter one day.  This is a slippery slope which will marginalise and discriminate against many minorities because of diagnosed and quite possibly misdiagnosed mental conditions which are treatable, manageable and which the majority of folk live with while not at all considering violent action against others.

Do we deny everyone who enjoys violent vid games employment? Or a place in society equal to all others?  Do we blame friends for not having a psychology degree and recognising his personality quirks were actually a potential time bomb that could cause him to harm others?  For loving their friend, warts and all and not imagining him to be someone who could harm others?

He wasn't in the military - he was a sub-contractor doing work on the site with a valid but temporary pass, if he was legally qualified to carry out the task required of him, denying him the fiscal opportunity to do so would constitute discrimination - he would have to demonstrate via conviction for violent offences that he was not fit to be in a secured location of national interest before they could deny him the right to employment for which he was qualified.

Oh yes... he was qualified... qualified crazy. And no one seemed to pick up on that before hiring him or granting him an 'honourable discharge from the navy.

"
Alexis, a U.S. Navy Reserves veteran, entered the base on Monday with a security clearance that allowed him onto military facilities to work as an information technology contractor.

His credentials were still valid, although Rhode Island police had warned the Navy in August that Alexis had reported "hearing voices" and said he believed people were following him and "sending vibrations into his body," according to a Newport police report.

A senior Navy official said on Thursday the service was reviewing why that report had not been shared more widely."  [source: http://www.chicagotr...0,7505707.story]

Maybe it's just me, but there is a pattern here. A slip through the cracks cause people can't be bothered to actually check or verify or just use some common sense when vetting people. And to give out a (ten year) valid security clearance is just stupid. A lot of things can happen over the course of ten years and in this case, something def turned a shade of crazy during that ten years with this particular guy.

So, just another messed up person doing a really really bad thing. And it will happen again... and again... and again... until someone creates a better system that disallows failures to slip through cracks.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users