Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Danes to launch man into space, a DIY rocket!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,224 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Danes planning to launch a man into space, on a DIY budget!!

Peter Madsen was 10 years old when he watched the Space Shuttle Columbia's first flight on TV in 1981. "I remember being fascinated by the white plumes of steam and the shockwaves of the hydrogen fuel," recalls Madsen. "From then on, I was hooked."

This was a problem for a boy living in Roskilde, Denmark. "There isn't exactly a Cape Canaveral out here, so I got into amateur submarines instead – they're a lot like rockets in many ways," says Madsen, who learned to assemble submarines from scratch and became famous for building a 40-tonne sub with friends for just £125,000 in 2008. "I did a newspaper interview at the time and the journalist asked what I was doing next, so I said I wanted to build a rocket. As soon as the article came out, this guy emailed, saying he could help."

http://www.theguardi...aunch-man-space

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users