Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Rainbow, Aura or Spirit...

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,938 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostOdin11, on 20 September 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

Wha... you're joking right?

Rainbows are just the reflection of light in water droplets.
Oh dear...YOU are joking right?

Rainbows are caused by REFRACTION!!!!! Not reflection.

Edited by White Crane Feather, 20 September 2013 - 01:55 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#17    celebenil

celebenil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

• Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Winston Churchill

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Some persons think they are giving the right answer because thy read it or see it in a book or website. I want answers for those that see beyond that

#18    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,938 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

View Postcelebenil, on 20 September 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

Some persons think they are giving the right answer because thy read it or see it in a book or website. I want answers for those that see beyond that

From my journal April 5 2012

So as I prepare to leave for a solo hike/snow shoe trip through the Sierra Nevada mountains for a vision quest, I wanted to blog this occurrence and deep revelation that happened to me a few days ago during a rainstorm.

I was comeing back from helping a friend move and very powerful rainstorm swept through my area. It was about 4pm and half the sky was clear and sunny while he other half had huge majestic clouds.

As im driving a massively complete rainbow forms in the east. It is a double rainbow  and completely formed. There is a heavy wind and rain is blowing everywhere in gusts. I stop and get out of my truck. I am not going to miss the opertunity to experience this in it's fullest.

As I stand in the parking lot the wind is blowing water everywhere forming a white but brite mist everywhere. The rainbow is not in the sky!!!!!!! It's right in front of me!!! I can reach out touch it. A wave of gratitude passes through me, and those rolling chills start to pulsate through my body. I know I am not alone. Here on the side of the road ( reminiscent of what happens in Nevada last year) I'm being granted something. The rainbow is no longer a bow. It's a full circle. Part of it is superimposed on the sky, by the misty conditions allow it to continue it's arch. As I am standing there the rest of the rainbow completes as a a arch that intersects my body  at the center of my chest and out my back. I can't beleive what I'm seeing.  I wave my hand through it a few times. I must look like a mad man standing out in the rain waving my arms around while getting drenched.

I stand there for while undtil a cloud covers the sun and my rainbow is no longer intersecting me. The other half is still in the sky. I get in my truck and drive off thanking the great spirit.

There is no end of the rainbow and the treasure that is supposed to be there is you. You... We are the pot of gold. Our lives our souls our existence is the greatest treasure. What better gift from the divine could we hope for than to be capable of experienceing god and love for one another. When I walk out in the mornIng I have createed a hand motion with my hands as a prayer. As a catholic might make the sign of the cross on her chest, I trace the rainbow in the sky and bring it into my chest, to remind me of my relationship with god.

I'm off to a vision quest. I want to create something, I just havnt found what it is yet. I will be meditating for several days as a vision quest. I'm hopeing the snow will inspire me. Maybe a spirit will come.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#19    Odin11

Odin11

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostWhite Crane Feather, on 20 September 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

Oh dear...YOU are joking right?

Rainbows are caused by REFRACTION!!!!! Not reflection.

Actually it is not the best example of refraction. It is caused by a combination of reflection, refraction, dispersion, and total internal reflection.  

But do you really think that a person asking what caused a rainbow would even understand the differences in those terms?

Edited by Odin11, 20 September 2013 - 05:46 PM.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#20    celebenil

celebenil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Winston Churchill

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

The question is .. if somebody knows what caused the raimbow...and why..... Do you understand that question ?????

#21    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,938 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

View PostOdin11, on 20 September 2013 - 05:44 PM, said:

Actually it is not the best example of refraction. It is caused by a combination of reflection, refraction, dispersion, and total internal reflection.  

But do you really think that a person asking what caused a rainbow would even understand the differences in those terms?
Any reflection going on is irrelevant, i can look at rainbow through a mirror and its reflected, the division of light, what causes the rainbow is refraction. Light through a medium divides the light. Unnecessary details I guess, but I do see what you mean. I just thought it ironic that you expressed it mostly wrong while criticizing Somone else.

I don't know, if she didn't, she does now.

Bruce Lee-

#22    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,938 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

View Postcelebenil, on 20 September 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

The question is .. if somebody knows what caused the raimbow...and why..... Do you understand that question ?????
What caused the rainbow is entirely a different question than why. The speed of light is slowed in a medium then the diferent frequencies ( colors) separate out. ( I'd have to look it up but it probably has to do with different frequencies haveing a slightly different angle of remittance)... In this case water and light cause the rainbow, why it happens ultimately will boil down "the rules between the cogs" of the universe at which point we encounter the great mystery.

Bruce Lee-

#23    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,539 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

Step by step "How To"

Explanation

A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection of light in water droplets in the Earth's atmosphere, resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky. It takes the form of amulticolouredarc.
Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun.

In a "primary rainbow", the arc shows red on the outer part and violet on the inner side. This rainbow is caused by light being refracted while entering a droplet of water, then reflected inside on the back of the droplet and refracted again when leaving it.

In a double rainbow, a second arc is seen outside the primary arc, and has the order of its colours reversed, red facing toward the other one, in both rainbows. This second rainbow is caused by light reflecting twice inside water droplets.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#24    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,394 posts

• Beliefs won't make you a better person but your actions will.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Postcelebenil, on 20 September 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

What HerNibs said...

I guess I just do not know what more you want.

Edited by Ryu, 20 September 2013 - 06:49 PM.

#25    celebenil

celebenil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Winston Churchill

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

Lol.....lol

#26    celebenil

celebenil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Winston Churchill

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

When   " WE" will learn to see more that is in "FRONT" of us....

#27    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 4,394 posts

• Beliefs won't make you a better person but your actions will.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

View Postcelebenil, on 20 September 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

When   " WE" will learn to see more that is in "FRONT" of us....

....what?
What exactly are you alluding to?
Are you seriously trying to claim that common, everyday, run-of-the-mill rainbows are caused by something else?

Please enlighten me because whatever it is you are trying to convey, I am just not getting it.

#28    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

I've never seen a rainbow around a person before.

If 3 people were to stand in a line  and throw the water at the same time, same conditions, would only you have a rainbow? Could you photo that?

#29    celebenil

celebenil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Winston Churchill

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

I will soon.

#30    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,539 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

I'm at a loss.

What exactly is the issue.  Many of us have explained, demonstrated and linked with explanation and examples.

What are you (OP) confused about?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users