Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Ron Paul Defines Libertarianism

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

I thought a few people might like to view this:

Ron Paul Defines Libertarianism - Charlie Rose Interview (Full)

Link: http://m.youtube.com...er_embedded#t=0

Wish Charlie Rose would be quiet, and let Paul talk... :(

#2    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,926 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Ron Paul would kill Obama in a national televised debate

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#3    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

View Postacidhead, on 23 September 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

Ron Paul would kill Obama in a national televised debate

Yes, he would! Because Obama wouldn't have a teleprompter... :)

#4    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Amazing to me how Ron Paul is out of politics and still sounding exactly the same as he always has.   What a man.  

I don't see what everyone's slamming Charlie Rose for on Youtube.   Yes he talked over him sometimes but he does that with everyone.   Rose asked a lot of probing questions and the interview was packed with answers.    Great interview!

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostYamato, on 23 September 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

Amazing to me how Ron Paul is out of politics and still sounding exactly the same as he always has.   What a man.  

I don't see what everyone's slamming Charlie Rose for on Youtube.   Yes he talked over him sometimes but he does that with everyone.   Rose asked a lot of probing questions and the interview was packed with answers. Great interview!

I didn't like how he kept interrupting him, but , your right. Rose did ask some good questions, and Paul answered them very well.

#6    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

What amazes me is how media so wants to overtalk him....they are forced to recognize him by popularity....but they sure shine their hate in things like this.  Charlie Rose is a puke....I really do not like that dude....Did you all know he is always invited to the Bilderberg meetings?....but this wonderful "journalist" never reports on them.....oh gee....I wonder why...

He is a bought and paid for shill....charlie rose is something I wish I could wipe off my shoe

Edited by Jeremiah65, 23 September 2013 - 07:15 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

View PostBurt Gummer, on 23 September 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

I didn't like how he kept interrupting him, but , your right. Rose did ask some good questions, and Paul answered them very well.
I'd give Rose a 10/10 on my scorecard I don't see what the problem is.  If his supporters viciously attack everyone he decides to sit down and chat with, frankly they're damaging his career.

I love how Paul answered that he differs from his son in his approach.  When Ron admitted that Rand is more nuanced than he is and they both erupted in an honest laughter together.   I think that was such a beautiful moment in the interview.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#8    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

I am not a fan of Charlie..i think he is a bought and paid for shill for the coming Oligarchy/plutocracy.....he throws out things that are not based on the principles of freedom....he is a plant.....he knows his words are in support of a thing that is not good....but he shills the crap out anyway........maybe he is paid by the word....

i don't think that Rand is ready to take the mantle that his father has set......I thini he wants to but he is tryng to do this within the "system"....a system that is broken......I like Rand   but he needs to step it up...he is not representing as well as I think he can.  I am on his email list...i am not a citizen of kentucky....I think he can do better and I think his daddy should be in his corner.

Those of us that value freedom know what I am talking about.  Rand needs to take a stand soon.  He is our hope but I offer that reluctantly....I want freedom back....period.  I am sick of the laws that make me "un free"....I am sick of those that support those laws....we are not all children...we can take care of ourselves and our neighbors

Edited by Jeremiah65, 23 September 2013 - 07:58 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#9    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

If you love a gov that needs to be in your face 24/7...please send me your address so I can remove your from the voter pool

Edited by Jeremiah65, 23 September 2013 - 07:59 PM.

Posted Image

#10    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Hasn't Rose been on public television for many years?   If the question is, do I expect libertarian journalists to be on public television, the answer is no, of course not.

He's just a journalist to me and I don't have any notions of what he's supposed to be, I'm just going by what I heard in the interview.   ;)

#11    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

Charlie rose is a shill....he is a bought and paid for representative of the big brother party....

I do not like the guy....after a few interviews, you will see the light....he is not a friend of freedom.

Posted Image

#12    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,215 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

Libertarianism as non-interventionism is a pillar of Ron Paul's belief and a big reason why I support him so much.    US foreign policy should be to talk-to and trade with and befriend the world, because there are the best results.   As a friend, we will have more influence on the behavior of those who do things we find disagreeable.  

Let fools and tyrants settle their differences with bombs and bullets.   We should settle ours with freedom and prosperity.

#13    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

Ron Paul is great, and I'm happy to see that Charlie Rose interviewed him.  I've been watching Charlie interview since I was in diapers, sure he will talk over some one every now and then, but he is one of the few people that will actually ask the hard contoversial questions rather than panter to the wishes of non-objectivity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users