Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What we should get from Bigfoot photographers

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,226 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Guy driving through Yellowstone National Park comes across a grizzly bear chasing a bison down on the highway.  Guy is driving, hears noise, gets camera, and proceeds to record several crystal clear photographs of one of the most amazing animal encounters I've ever seen.

So why can't we ever see a series of Bigfoot photos like this.  Seems to me that the guy was able to produce these photos in pretty much the same conditions as most Bigfoot encounters.

http://www.krtv.com/...of-the-story/#_

Caution:  Photos are a bit on the "realistic" side.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#2    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Amazing, you'll never see that again in your life time lol poor bison is just having a ****ty day

#3    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,758 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

That is one messed up bison.

Bigfoot usually is not running down a road in the daytime however. :innocent:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#4    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

This is where I wish I could be like old Matt Moneymaker and just cut loose with something like, "....It's a well documented fact that Bigfoots don't hunt in this manner...."

I suppose there's something wrong with me......that and I don't have a TV show.

#5    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,226 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 22 September 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

This is where I wish I could be like old Matt Moneymaker and just cut loose with something like, "....It's a well documented fact that Bigfoots don't hunt in this manner...."

I suppose there's something wrong with me......that and I don't have a TV show.

Well he does talk about them chasing down deer and breaking their legs.  Supposedly deer are one of their favorite foods to eat.

Is it inconceivable that a Bigfoot would be chasing down a deer and accidentally end up on a road?

View PostDieChecker, on 22 September 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

Bigfoot usually is not running down a road in the daytime however. :innocent:

Regardless, I'd just be happy to see a series of photos like this - road or not.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

#6    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 22 September 2013 - 04:52 AM, said:

That is NOT a bison with mange, That is a chu bra cobra!

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#7    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

Holy Crap that bison is ruined, odds say that the bear catches it

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,226 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

Regarding blurry and shaky photos of Bigfoot - note that the Grizzly is running at full speed in some of those shots and the photos are CRYSTAL CLEAR.

#9    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,404 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:09 AM

Not only did he clearly photograph both animals, he could have clearly shot and killed both animals and the 2000 some pounds of creatures would have also been removed from the road by someone.

"It was a bison, badly burned from an encounter with one of the numerous hot spots in Yellowstone National Park." I did not know about this happening in the park.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#10    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:42 AM

Maybe there is some sort of weird correlation between those that believe in cryptids and the ability to use a image capturing device? Of course it could be some sort of weird "cryptids are from another camera distorting dimension".

As video capturing equipment has improved and become more available there has NOT (that I have seen any evidence of) been an increase in image/video evidence to support any cryptids/UFO's..etc.

#11    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 23 September 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Not only did he clearly photograph both animals, he could have clearly shot and killed both animals and the 2000 some pounds of creatures would have also been removed from the road by someone.

"It was a bison, badly burned from an encounter with one of the numerous hot spots in Yellowstone National Park." I did not know about this happening in the park.

That's getting off fairly light for Yellowstone. Every so often a group of bison or elk in the park will be found dead for no apparent reason, with no external injuries or anything. The culprit is volcanic gas vents in the area releasing clouds of suffocating methane or carbon monoxide/dioxide. Same basic thing killed nearly 2000 people in Cameroon in 1986. Magma pocket beneath a lake leaks CO2 into the cold, deep water where it saturates but doesn't release. Landslide or tectonic event stirs up the water, and suddenly several hundred thousand tons of dissolved CO2 bubble out into the atmosphere and settle in low-lying areas.

#12    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

Hmmmmm?

I think it reasonable that Bigfoots would hunt and eat deer, however doesn't that sort of imply that Bigfoots would be tool makers? Rudimentary tools, of course, but tools no less. We know for a fact that apes now use tools, rocks for crushing, sticks for gathering ants, things like that.......so why haven't we seen a Bigfoot carrying around a spear? They supposedly throw rocks and use sticks to do wood knocking?

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,758 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

The photographer was also a person that did such as his main hobby, so he probably had a decent camera. He did not take these on a cell phone.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#14    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,758 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 23 September 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

Hmmmmm?

I think it reasonable that Bigfoots would hunt and eat deer, however doesn't that sort of imply that Bigfoots would be tool makers? Rudimentary tools, of course, but tools no less. We know for a fact that apes now use tools, rocks for crushing, sticks for gathering ants, things like that.......so why haven't we seen a Bigfoot carrying around a spear? They supposedly throw rocks and use sticks to do wood knocking?
I think it is not beyond thinking that Bigfoot uses human tools. Think about it.... How many axes, shovels and other tools disappear from rural locations each year? We lost a lot of tools when I was a kid in BFE southern Oregon, but I just assumed it was my brothers.

What stops a bigfoot from using a human axe,or a iron bar, or even a metal fence post (as a tool) for that matter? Strange bits and pieces of metal and stuff are found all the time in the woods, even the deep woods, and no one thinks thing one about it.

#15    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,758 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 22 September 2013 - 04:54 PM, said:

That is NOT a bison with mange, That is a chu bra cobra!
It might pass as a Zombie-Bison. New cryptid invented right here and now. BooYaa!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users