Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Morgellons

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#31    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,187 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 September 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

Here is an excellent article.  

Three weeks ago, we wrote about a “disease” known asMorgellons that very few people in the world know anything about. We placed the word disease above in quotation marks only because a large number of physicians refuse to recognize Morgellons as a medical affliction, with some even refusing to treat patients who suffer from it.
We have listened to a long litany of accounts about doctors who have literally laughed in the faces of Morgellons sufferers, male and female, young and old, with many attempting to make referrals to psychologists. Remarkably, other physicians have mounted web sites mocking and attacking people who report they have Morgellons and those who write about it. Some physicians have dubbed the disease Delusions of Parasitosis, meaning it’s all in the patient’s head. Additionally, there is a website entitled morgellonswatch.com “dedicated to examining the claims made regarding what is termed ‘Morgellons Disease’” and to preventing “sick people into thinking they may have a terrible disease.” Oddly, there are no formal individual or institutional sponsoring names identified on this site.
Despite this seemingly general stance from the “medical community” there are clear exceptions. Nearly every state across the US, and country in Europe, has at least several medical professionals who regard Morgellons as “a serious emerging infectious disease deserving study and research.” Dr. Ahmed Kilani, Laboratory Director of Clongen Laboratories, Germantown, Maryland, says, “I have personally listened to detailed descriptions of the symptoms of this disease and something has got to be done.”

Read more.........

http://www.voltairen...icle165822.html

The article does not present new evidence. It tries to make the claim that this is a new disease. It fails.

#32    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,187 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 September 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Could there be a link between 'angel hair' and Morgellons?

Since our last article was published here, a very disturbing number of verified incidents involving Morgellons victims have been reported. Many of these accounts concern infected people receiving warnings “not to speak” with the media or to “keep your mouth shut about this disease.” These warnings have come from people claiming to represent or to work for “intelligence” or “law enforcement” agencies. Several of the warned individuals had earlier reported seeing odd “fabric-like” and “web-like” materials falling from the sky prior to their coming down with the disease.
Caroline Carter, 50 years old, an alternative health therapist practicing in Cyprus, Greece, contracted Morgellons disease in August 2007, after discovering her garden in England “covered in a very strange web-like substance.” Looking further, she found the same substance covering other nearby gardens and hedgerows. Within about a day all of the foliage touched by the substance began wilting and dying.
Carter began collecting some of the web-like substance and felt a bit on her left upper arm. She recalled, “It was a sharp nip but there was not any visible mark.” Yet by the end of the day her arm was “really aggravating me as no matter what I did I could not stop a persistent itch that had begun shortly after the bite.” From that day forward the itch never left Carter.
In 2008, Caroline Carter moved to Cyprus. About a year later, she was diagnosed as having intestinal fungal overgrowth and a B12 deficiency. Carter’s rash also had worsened, despite concentrated efforts at treatment. The rash produced severe burning and itching, and continued to spread over her entire body. At the time, Carter did “not consider that Morgellons was the cause of my pain as many lesions appearing over my body were scabbing over.” While she knew about the disease everything she had seen informed her that Morgellons lesions “do not scab over or heal.”

Great now the conspiracy fruitcakes appear.

Sorry. I have no tolerance for weenies that see black helicopters overhead and the ebil gummit in action.

#33    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,187 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 September 2013 - 08:07 PM, said:

More on the link with GM:

http://www.globalres...ns-disease/8464

and here is a good summary of the illness showing it's history and extent.

http://www.healthsci...llons/index.cfm

Great. The GMO paranoia started with some bad researchers that fed potato skins to rats. Rats get tumors from potato skins if they are GMO or not. So now the paranoia continues onto something that is not considered to be a new disease.

What a terrible article the first one is:

The skin of Morgellons victims oozes mysterious strands that have been identified as cellulose (which cannot be manufactured by the human body), and people have the sensation of things crawling beneath their skin.

What a hoot. The cellulose is cotton fibers. And the second part is a known delusion.

The article mentions a 2007 article by a journalist.

Recent findings from the CDC have shown no parasites as suggested in the article. The article is nothign but a rehash of out dated material.

The second link is the OSU site where Wymore works.

#34    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,187 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Still nothing but a rehash of out dated material and some hopes linked to a lab that could not identify something.

If that is the best that can be produced then we have a proposed disease with the same standing as bigfoot.

#35    EtherialNight

EtherialNight

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

Wow a lot of sarcasm and closed mindedness here..
I live on the other side of the world, and I have heard of morgellons disease, but I have seen and read about it, there are numerous cases around the world, this is not just impacting one family in the US. The first case that I heard of was years ago, and it was a woman in south America, it affected only her not her family. And I watch a video of a doctor trying to figure out how wires {yes metallic wires} were growing out of her body. They tried to cut them, but without success.
These can be fibrous or metallic wires.

I think some of you should calm down and stop behaving like adolescents, if you are not willing to have an open mind about things, why bother replying at all?
This is supposed to be an "unexplained mysteries" thread. Is this not where people bring to the table interesting odd and weird information?

#36    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,187 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostEtherialNight, on 24 September 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

I live on the other side of the world, and I have heard of morgellons disease, but I have seen and read about it, there are numerous cases around the world, this is not just impacting one family in the US. The first case that I heard of was years ago, and it was a woman in south America, it affected only her not her family. And I watch a video of a doctor trying to figure out how wires {yes metallic wires} were growing out of her body. They tried to cut them, but without success.

I think some of you should calm down and stop behaving like adolescents, if you are not willing to have an open mind about things, why bother replying at all?
This is supposed to be an "unexplained mysteries" thread. Is this not where people bring to the table interesting odd and weird information?

Are you calling the calling the CDC closed minded? Are you calling the Mayo study closed minded?

Rejecting a claim based on the evidence is not being closed minded. Close minded is rejected without examining the evidence. Accepting a claim without considering its merits is called being gullible.

Just because you saw a video in which someone had inadequate tools to cut a thin wire projecting from tissue does not mean t his is real. In fact, the wire videos were hoaxes posted a few years ago. Here is a link to this hoax. It is unrelated to morgellons
http://www.allvoices...wing-from-skin-
http://www.myinteres...e-the-body.html

The woman was sticking the wires into her own body.

I think only an adolescent would fall for such an obvious hoax.

#37    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:10 AM

He's just in denial because it wasn't taught in school biology.

It's nothing new.  I just hope he never runs into a sufferer.

View Poststereologist, on 25 September 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

Are you calling the calling the CDC closed minded? Are you calling the Mayo study closed minded?

Rejecting a claim based on the evidence is not being closed minded. Close minded is rejected without examining the evidence. Accepting a claim without considering its merits is called being gullible.

Just because you saw a video in which someone had inadequate tools to cut a thin wire projecting from tissue does not mean t his is real. In fact, the wire videos were hoaxes posted a few years ago. Here is a link to this hoax. It is unrelated to morgellons
http://www.allvoices...wing-from-skin-
http://www.myinteres...e-the-body.html

The woman was sticking the wires into her own body.

I think only an adolescent would fall for such an obvious hoax.

They are in fear because they don't understand the science.  Period.

Posted Image

#38    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=254528

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#39    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,187 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

View Postzoser, on 25 September 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

Again Zoser you have nothing to say. As far as science goes you're showing a complete lack of understanding that evidence is required to back up a claim. The current evidence shows that morgellons is not a new disease. Two large independent studies confirm that morgellons is not a new disease.

#40    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,187 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

View PostBig Bad Voodoo, on 25 September 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

BBV what part of the other thread is of interest? Do you want the threads combined? Do you want this thread closed and direct people over to the other thread? Let he mods know.

Are you ever going to substantiate any of these claims you made int he other thread:

It is nanotechnology invasion of human body. Morgellons are nano tubes. In some sites it said that they carried changed DNA. Morgellons can selfreplicate. And they can connect into one. It is suggested that they used electric energy of body. There is theories of nano batteries. It is believed that they can recive EMF and ELF microwaves. Morgellons act like they possess group intelligence. Some fibres can stand temperature to 760 C. Fibres are fluorescent and they shine in dark. Imunity system will leave „disease“ completly at peace. Number of leukocytes in patients are normal. Which suggest that body dont react on it. It is recorded that when fibres are moved from patient and put in glass jar-in six hours fibres will climb to top of glass jar. Even trough ammonia. Morgellons dont kill people but kill reptiles and insects. Cats, dogs and horses are also contaminated. Last time I checked 60 000 people are proven to have Morgellons. Morgellons are not biotic origin. Its probably nanotechnology for tests to create super humans or is extraterrestial. Military purpose seems possible because of fast healing ability. Infected people claim that over wounds which was caused Morgellons creates like patch. Scientists for long now study Morgellons. Yet we see that is classifed as delusional parasitosis. Corparations as Cryolife  have Bioglue product and similar. Cryolife reasearch regeneration and fast healing technolology.

When asked about these claims you posted links to places that did not state these claims.

#41    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

View Postzoser, on 24 September 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Could there be a link between 'angel hair' and Morgellons?

Since our last article was published here, a very disturbing number of verified incidents involving Morgellons victims have been reported. Many of these accounts concern infected people receiving warnings “not to speak” with the media or to “keep your mouth shut about this disease.” These warnings have come from people claiming to represent or to work for “intelligence” or “law enforcement” agencies. Several of the warned individuals had earlier reported seeing odd “fabric-like” and “web-like” materials falling from the sky prior to their coming down with the disease.
Caroline Carter, 50 years old, an alternative health therapist practicing in Cyprus, Greece, contracted Morgellons disease in August 2007, after discovering her garden in England “covered in a very strange web-like substance.” Looking further, she found the same substance covering other nearby gardens and hedgerows. Within about a day all of the foliage touched by the substance began wilting and dying.
Carter began collecting some of the web-like substance and felt a bit on her left upper arm. She recalled, “It was a sharp nip but there was not any visible mark.” Yet by the end of the day her arm was “really aggravating me as no matter what I did I could not stop a persistent itch that had begun shortly after the bite.” From that day forward the itch never left Carter.
In 2008, Caroline Carter moved to Cyprus. About a year later, she was diagnosed as having intestinal fungal overgrowth and a B12 deficiency. Carter’s rash also had worsened, despite concentrated efforts at treatment. The rash produced severe burning and itching, and continued to spread over her entire body. At the time, Carter did “not consider that Morgellons was the cause of my pain as many lesions appearing over my body were scabbing over.” While she knew about the disease everything she had seen informed her that Morgellons lesions “do not scab over or heal.”

And right there you lose the argument by trying to explain pseudo-woo with pseudo-woo.

No different than saying "that wasn't Bigfoot, it was a misidentified werewolf".

Edited by Rafterman, 25 September 2013 - 03:01 PM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#42    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postzoser, on 25 September 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

Zoser, you always argue from the position that "science" is afraid of uncovering new things and challenging the accepted norms.

You do realize that this is EXACTLY how science and the scientific method works, right?

If a group of biologists and physicians were to prove that Morgellans was a real disease and develop treatments for it, they'd probably win the Noble Prize.

Contrary to your belief, science is not afraid to ask questions.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#43    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Because you saw a video.

#44    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Poststereologist, on 24 September 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

So what? That does not mean it is a disease. Again, over to you

An excellent series of video clips containing personal testimonies.

This is 1 of 26.

I'm just watching No 3 now and it shows doctors extracting fibres from patients and examining them.

Oklahoma State University find fibres underneath the skin in areas of unbroken skin.

Edited by zoser, 25 September 2013 - 08:05 PM.

Posted Image

#45    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Video No 4 shows close up of children's skin.  The fibres are clearly visible.

Viewer discretion advised.

Edited by zoser, 25 September 2013 - 08:10 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users