Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Morgellons

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#91    Shiloh17

Shiloh17

The Last.

• 2,343 posts

• "Eve's eve, a new beginning."

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 16 October 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

Realm

I'm curious if you were ever able to see the strands that manifest?

I happened to catch something on TV about the disease, and it was the strands that caught my attention so much.

Not surprising that sulphur would work.  I used to put sulphur out on citrus trees.  Put it out in the morning, and when the temperatures went up in the afternoon the fumigation effect would kill the rust mites that scarred the fruit.

No, I never had strands, but in all the years of trying to find relief from the itchy, crawly feeling I ran across many people who claimed they did and couldn't find anything to treat the condition with.

Edited by Realm, 17 October 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#92    Sci-Guy

Sci-Guy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

I believe the most amazing part of this "disease" is that many who argue it can't be related to GMO must not understand the process of genetically modified organisms. Agrobacterium is used because of its ability to alter plant DNA but it also has ability to alter certain human DNA cells. Some of these fibers are described as plant like so to should seem very plausible that it could be related to GMOs. I have not personally analyzed any but I would recommend an open mind as to the cause of them. There are many questions that need answered but with CDC report most drs have avoided even looking into this. Make no mistake this is very real, old disease or new disease is irrelevant when so many are suffering. Since it is spreading so quickly there will soon be nobody doubting the validity of this and many will wish they had opened their mind sooner to help get questions answered. Time is important especially since CDC has impeded the research.

#93    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,607 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:00 AM

View PostSci-Guy, on 20 October 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

I believe the most amazing part of this "disease" is that many who argue it can't be related to GMO must not understand the process of genetically modified organisms. Agrobacterium is used because of its ability to alter plant DNA but it also has ability to alter certain human DNA cells. Some of these fibers are described as plant like so to should seem very plausible that it could be related to GMOs. I have not personally analyzed any but I would recommend an open mind as to the cause of them. There are many questions that need answered but with CDC report most drs have avoided even looking into this. Make no mistake this is very real, old disease or new disease is irrelevant when so many are suffering. Since it is spreading so quickly there will soon be nobody doubting the validity of this and many will wish they had opened their mind sooner to help get questions answered. Time is important especially since CDC has impeded the research.

The amazing parts of the adherents to this being a new disease is that they toss out ideas that have no foundation. GMO foods may or may not use agrobacterium. Even if they do, are there active agrobacterium in the foods? That is where the story would end for rational people. Others make the enormous leap to thinking that a nonexistent disease must be related to some other odd agenda item.

Morgellons is just an internet disease. It is spread by users that wish to self diagnose.

#94    Sci-Guy

Sci-Guy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

They most definitely use agrobacterium to create GMOs. There are well documented cases of agrobacterium infecting humans in major hospitals so its not a question of if it can happen, the question is if this is what is happening. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to that. The cases of hospital infection were traced to the plastic catheters that were used on the patients and also may explain why morgellon sufferers highest occupation percentage has been reported being nurses. Just some thoughts to think about.

#95    Sci-Guy

Sci-Guy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:59 AM

http://www.dtic.mil/...oc?AD=ADA452361 and here is an interesting military document about self assembling fibers in organic matter that has striking similarities to morgellons fibers. Read this and be enlightened to modern capabilities and maybe you could answer what practical use this could have and enlighten me. I am always open minded and willing to learn new things.

#96    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,607 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

View PostSci-Guy, on 21 October 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

They most definitely use agrobacterium to create GMOs. There are well documented cases of agrobacterium infecting humans in major hospitals so its not a question of if it can happen, the question is if this is what is happening. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to that. The cases of hospital infection were traced to the plastic catheters that were used on the patients and also may explain why morgellon sufferers highest occupation percentage has been reported being nurses. Just some thoughts to think about.

1. You begin with a false suggestion. I suggest that GMOs do not necessarily employ agrobacterium.
2. Infections of humans by a bacteria does not suggest that the bacteria were affecting the human DNA.
3. You point out that agrobacterium in human infections did not come from the GMO food supply.

There is no connection between GMOs and the nonexistent disease called morgellons.

#97    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,607 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostSci-Guy, on 21 October 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

http://www.dtic.mil/...oc?AD=ADA452361 and here is an interesting military document about self assembling fibers in organic matter that has striking similarities to morgellons fibers. Read this and be enlightened to modern capabilities and maybe you could answer what practical use this could have and enlighten me. I am always open minded and willing to learn new things.

Why do you claim that this has anything to do with morgellons? I don't any connection to a nonexistent disease.

#98    Sci-Guy

Sci-Guy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

You really need to educate yourself about how plants are genetically modified so I don't need to keep explaining that agrobacterium is used ( not a suggestion ). You are correct I did not post about agrobacterium infecting humans through food supply but am stating it can and has infected humans(fact). As far as the military document you would need to read the CDC's own study on properties of the fibers to see the connection.  High burn temp, self replicating, fluorescence under UV light, all similar characteristics. Military study fibers used iron as nourishment and morgellon sufferers blood test show anemia.Perhaps all coincidences but should make even a skeptic take notice. Sufferers all have laboratory abnormalities such as abnormal sized red blood cells, low body temp, low iron, as well as greatly fluctuating white blood cell counts. I suppose this is an internet disease of delusion as well?

#99    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,607 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

View PostSci-Guy, on 21 October 2013 - 07:16 PM, said:

You really need to educate yourself about how plants are genetically modified so I don't need to keep explaining that agrobacterium is used ( not a suggestion ). You are correct I did not post about agrobacterium infecting humans through food supply but am stating it can and has infected humans(fact). As far as the military document you would need to read the CDC's own study on properties of the fibers to see the connection.  High burn temp, self replicating, fluorescence under UV light, all similar characteristics. Military study fibers used iron as nourishment and morgellon sufferers blood test show anemia.Perhaps all coincidences but should make even a skeptic take notice. Sufferers all have laboratory abnormalities such as abnormal sized red blood cells, low body temp, low iron, as well as greatly fluctuating white blood cell counts. I suppose this is an internet disease of delusion as well?

You really need to educate yourself about English and learn the difference between always used and used so I don't have to keep pointing out your failings - not a suggestion.

Please provide the evidence that:
1. Agrobacterium exists in GMOs. Hint: not the same as used  in altering plants
2. Agrobacterium in foods can infect someone. Hint: not the same as used in altering plants

Morgellons is not a concise set of problems as you suggest. Morgellons is an indefinite collection of vague claims. Nor does the article in any way connect itself to morgellons.

In fact, can you point out where in the article it discusses "self replicating" and "High burn temp"?

Edited by stereologist, 21 October 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#100    Sci-Guy

Sci-Guy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

You really have to be joking. If you want me to do your homework for you then I am going to need compensation. Hint - Where does food come from? Possibly plants from my understanding. If you hadn't heard they then use those same plants to create the food. These same plants are used to feed the cattle used for the beef, chicken, and pork. How can this not be the same agrobacterium? GMO corn was just banned in mexico with their strict food regulations. Maybe they don't realize that somehow magically its a different agrobacterium from plant to the dinner table.

#101    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,607 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostSci-Guy, on 21 October 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

You really have to be joking. If you want me to do your homework for you then I am going to need compensation. Hint - Where does food come from? Possibly plants from my understanding. If you hadn't heard they then use those same plants to create the food. These same plants are used to feed the cattle used for the beef, chicken, and pork. How can this not be the same agrobacterium? GMO corn was just banned in mexico with their strict food regulations. Maybe they don't realize that somehow magically its a different agrobacterium from plant to the dinner table.

I don't think you understand the process of genetic modifications. That is becoming painfully obvious at this point.

You need to look over the process and determine for yourself if it is necessary to have agrobacterium in the plants in the field.

"If you want me to do your homework for you then I am going to need compensation."

You're missing the entire purpose for the agrobacterium.

Here are hints

Please provide the evidence that:
1. Agrobacterium exists in GMOs. Hint: not the same as used  in altering plants
2. Agrobacterium in foods can infect someone. Hint: not the same as used in altering plants

And don't forget this issue.
Can you point out where in the article it discusses "self replicating" and "High burn temp"?

#102    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

I found this on RT.com today.  It looks like people are fighting back in the US.  Let's hope it's not all too late:

Los Angeles is considering a ban on the cultivation, sale and distribution of genetically modified organisms, which would make the city the largest GMO-free zone in the US.

Los Angeles City Councilmen Paul Koretz and Mitch O’Farrell introduced Friday a motion to curb growth and proliferation of GMO seeds and plants within the city.

http://rt.com/usa/lo...es-gmo-ban-643/

Edited by Saru, 24 October 2013 - 06:27 PM.
Trimmed for length - please do not copy entire articles

Posted Image

#103    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,607 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

The topic is morgellons and not GMOs.

There is no link between morgellons and GMOs, or bee population decline and GMOs. What you have here is an article about some LA councilman's opinions on GMOs.

#104    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Being (there)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

• Keep breathing, it helps.

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

View Poststereologist, on 24 October 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:

The topic is morgellons and not GMOs.

There is no link between morgellons and GMOs, or bee population decline and GMOs. What you have here is an article about some LA councilman's opinions on GMOs.

You keep repeating the "it's so because I say so" argument. How convincing.

Forums... as nice as they are, there's a time and a place for them. As well as getting out of your head.
Reality. Be humble before it or be subjected to illusions you adopt.
No one is above cheating themselves.
Nature has the answers.
Death is not bad.

#105    stereologist

stereologist

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,607 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

View PostMikko-kun, on 24 October 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

You keep repeating the "it's so because I say so" argument. How convincing.

The onus is on those that propose the connection. I do not have to disprove all of the wacko claims that are made. So far no one has provided anything to suggest that there is a connection between GMOs and a nonexistent disease called morgellons.

If you have anything to support the existence of morgellons as a separate or new disease please do so. Everyone else has failed. If you have any evidence that GMOs are connected to this nonexistent disease then by all means post it. Until someone does this disease is nothing more than an unsubstantiated tale that two large scale studies have shown to be NOT a disease, but rather other known diseases.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users