Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 2 votes

Nations try to hide global warming slowdown

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Controversy surrounds many of the conclusions of the IPCC climate change report to be revealed on Friday.

The 2,000 page report is considered to be highly influential because it was will be used as a basis for UN negotiations on how global warming will be tackled. Co-authored by 257 scientists, the report is the first IPCC report in five years and is due to be released at the end of the week.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...arming-slowdown

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Rye17

Rye17

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• God made me agnostic... who am I to question his wisdom

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Wait... people still think global warming is real?

#3    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 5,386 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

If this was really about saving the planet the global warmers would be happy with this news.  Instead, they attack it viciously and that should tell you that this is all about money and lots of it, especially at the absurdly corrupt UN.  A massive transfer of wealth is what this is about.  IPCC should be disbanded immediately, hell the UN should be disbanded immediately.

Edited by Merc14, 22 September 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Nice midterms democrats.  As Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#4    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostMerc14, on 22 September 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

If this was really about saving the planet the global warmers would be happy with this news.  Instead, they attack it viciously and that should tell you that this is all about money and lots of it, especially at the absurdly corrupt UN.  A massive transfer of wealth is what this is about.  IPCC should be disbanded immediately, hell the UN should be disbanded immediately.
I don't think that most people on UM are actually going to read the report and find out what it really says.  Instead, they'll ignore the science and take speculation put out by somebody with little knowledge of climate and try to claim that it refutes the science.  Merc:  I mean you, among others.

Don't trust everything IPCC puts out, either.  There are too many politicians with axes to grind involved with IPCC.
Doug

Edited by Doug1o29, 22 September 2013 - 03:57 PM.

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#5    Aggie

Aggie

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Is this the same report we discussed a few days ago?

http://www.unexplain...6

No matter what happens....never stop believing in people.....never stop believing in love♥♥

#6    Elfin

Elfin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Global warming is probably the biggest scam since the invention of organised religion. It is a means of creating power for a self-chosen elite, and setting up a worldwide control structure.

#7    ancient astronaut

ancient astronaut

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

• It Is What It Is.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

Point is, if they (the economic powers that be) reveal all the facts. They can't make any money.

#8    Doug1o29

Doug1o29

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,478 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostElfin, on 22 September 2013 - 04:11 PM, said:

Global warming is probably the biggest scam since the invention of organised religion. It is a means of creating power for a self-chosen elite, and setting up a worldwide control structure.
You aren't a John Bircher, are you?
Doug

If I have seen farther than other men, it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants. --Bernard de Chartres
The beginning of knowledge is the realization that one doesn't and cannot know everything.
Science is the father of knowledge, but opinion breeds ignorance. --Hippocrates
Ignorance is not an opinion. --Adam Scott

#9    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

There is always someone who will try to take advantage of other people and that is happening on a world-wide scale now, and humans are making a total mess of the oceans. That really needs to stop or everything may die.

#10    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

There is many people who are going to have to eat some crow if the speculation about GW stalling somewhat are true.

Once a person or movement become so set on a end result that they cannot reexamine if all their assumptions are correct then I feel they deserve any rough treatment that comes their way.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#11    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,614 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 22 September 2013 - 09:13 PM, said:

There is many people who are going to have to eat some crow if the speculation about GW stalling somewhat are true.

Once a person or movement become so set on a end result that they cannot reexamine if all their assumptions are correct then I feel they deserve any rough treatment that comes their way.

The problem here is that the assumption that somebody is trying to hide something is completely puerile. The fact that in the last 15 years we had a virtual standstill is more or less acknowledged by everybody. But that would not be the first standstill since 1900, there have been a few of them. If temperatures go down to the level of 1950 then we have something to celebrate, before that we are just dancing around the golden calve (pun intended).

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#12    bruce fiction

bruce fiction

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:08 AM

One Word the meek shall inherit the earth not the ones who pollute it

#13    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,661 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 22 September 2013 - 09:18 PM, said:

The problem here is that the assumption that somebody is trying to hide something is completely puerile. The fact that in the last 15 years we had a virtual standstill is more or less acknowledged by everybody. But that would not be the first standstill since 1900, there have been a few of them. If temperatures go down to the level of 1950 then we have something to celebrate, before that we are just dancing around the golden calve (pun intended).
Yet there are educated people, right here on these forums, who say that what you say is simply not true, that there is no slowdown. And those are the people who I don't feel sorry for when they get treated roughly by people who disagree.

Some of these people will say it is a statistical anomoly and that we should ignore it, but then if you say the 2005 hurricane season with 4 cat 5 hurricanes is a statistical anomoly they come unglued and start using the word ignorant and denier.

Edited by DieChecker, 23 September 2013 - 05:09 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#14    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,051 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:29 AM

From the article:

"A leaked copy of an earlier draft of the report, seen by The Telegraph, will insist that the likelihood that global warming exists and that its cause is man-made has risen from 90 per cent certainty to 95 per cent certainty."

And that from the draft of the draft - which tells me that if there is any argument (and we only have the AP and Daily telegraph reporting from an unknown source) it is probably from those Govts that want to REDUCE (in the Public eye) the true impact of AGW to carry on with the disastrous "Business as Usual" attitude.

#15    MonkeyLove

MonkeyLove

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

As explained in another thread, there was no stalling. Rather, oceans are absorbing the heat.

Given that, plus lack of cooperation between governments, there is no attempt to hide global warming slowdown. Rather, a global warming slowdown based only on surface temperatures is being used to hide the increase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users