Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 8 votes

why do non-believers always

• Please log in to reply
1075 replies to this topic

#1    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Call anything that god does as being a magic trick.  Like for instance, the urm and thumum which j. Smith used to translate the gold plates. Just a pair of magic glasses.  Why couldn't a more advanced untellegence have more adavanced technoligy.  

Google has made a pair of these magic glasses or at least the tech. to buils a pair. Right now their working on contacts to do the same job.  But, the non-believers would have us believing that god can't be any more advanced than we are.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#2    dlonewolf85

dlonewolf85

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 321 posts

• I'm not a bad boy,

But just misunderstood!!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

POPULAR

View Postdanielost, on 22 September 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Call anything that god does as being a magic trick.  Like for instance, the urm and thumum which j. Smith used to translate the gold plates. Just a pair of magic glasses.  Why couldn't a more advanced untellegence have more adavanced technoligy.  

Google has made a pair of these magic glasses or at least the tech. to buils a pair. Right now their working on contacts to do the same job.  But, the non-believers would have us believing that god can't be any more advanced than we are.

Dude, the term 'non-believers' applies to people who do not BELIEVE that god exists. A skeptic would never say that god can't be advanced than we are, because that would be against his/her belief.

∂ Ѡοɭ ʄ85

#3    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,125 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

POPULAR

the uma thurman?

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#4    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

Dude....I am not going to bust out on the Mormons....I disagree with them...I think they were misled....but that is "my opinion"....Joseph Smith and the magic (rock actually) "thingy" that no one else could see or the tablets that no one else could see....sounds like treachery and deceit to me....

I have no idea...maybe there is a magic rock and gold tablets and a weird planet out there where God lives...I'm not convinced but....hey....to each their own...and that is the point.

Faith and belief are just that.  There is no "proof" of any of it...you decide and go from there and yes, sometimes people will question you about it if you wear it on your chest or sleeve...don't want to be questioned?...don't try to force it on others...

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#5    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Smith wore them like a pair of glasses.  So do you question how moses got theten commandments and why do either way.

Most christians think prophets stopped coming after the twelve died.  But why would god leave us in the dark.  Christ did say others would come to help lead us.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#6    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

The Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,363 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postdanielost, on 22 September 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

Smith wore them like a pair of glasses.  So do you question how moses got theten commandments and why do either way.

Most christians think prophets stopped coming after the twelve died.  But why would god leave us in the dark.  Christ did say others would come to help lead us.

There is no Archeological evidence that Moses existed,or even that the Isrealites were slaves of Egypt.

Once one puts faith, and the ultimate scapegoat for thinking Satan to the side to do the actual research,they will find things not like they are told in their scripture.

There is a metaphorical wall of Apologetics out there that acts like a fence to keep the sheep in on a mental level.

Instead of asking silly questions to nonbelievers,why not see what nonbelievers inform them selves with?

Here is a start.......Take it,or leave it.

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was crucified, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3,000 yo Tablet saying this is proof of it's truth. Praise Jesus Serotonin Christ!

#7    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,328 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

POPULAR

I went to the store this morning and  at the cross walk I saw a Sasquatch. He told me the world is full of lies and non sense.  I thanked him for his advice and continued on to the store.   It really happened, trust me.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#8    AtlantisRises

AtlantisRises

Oderint dum metuant

• 2,448 posts

• My time has not yet come either, Some are born post humously

Ecce homo
    Nietszche

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Are you sure it wasn't a Yeti on holiday?

Posted Image

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,273 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

View Postdanielost, on 22 September 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Call anything that god does as being a magic trick.

Is this a trick question?

Non believers mean exactly that, non believers, so as far as non believers are concerned, there is NO god to perform the magic tricks in  the first place.

#10    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Seeker of knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

Well, I am assuming you must have some kind of Mormon based idealism....that is fine for you.

My point is....in a faith based idea, your 'faith" is no better or more worthy than anyone else...it is "faith"...it is "hope"....and until you can slice it and put it under a microscope....opinions are like butth0les....everyone has one and they all stink...

I know a few mormons...I think they are odd.  Does that make them bad or me bad?

I think it makes them 'odd"....but that is my "opinion"....

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#11    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,328 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostAtlantisRises, on 22 September 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Are you sure it wasn't a Yeti on holiday?

Not this time of year. Beside Yeti's are kind of a pink color and the Florida habit for them is on the beach.  They line the beaches in winter looking like pink beached whales.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#12    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

View Postdavros of skaro, on 22 September 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

There is no Archeological evidence that Moses existed,or even that the Isrealites were slaves of Egypt.

Once one puts faith, and the ultimate scapegoat for thinking Satan to the side to do the actual research,they will find things not like they are told in their scripture.

There is a metaphorical wall of Apologetics out there that acts like a fence to keep the sheep in on a mental level.

Instead of asking silly questions to nonbelievers,why not see what nonbelievers inform them selves with?

Here is a start.......Take it,or leave it.

Historically moses did exist.  We have already descussed slavery in another thread.  It has taken on many different forms.  The egyptions didn't call them isrealites, because at the time they were not isrealites. They became isrealites during the exodus, when moses devided them into twelve even tribes plus the preists.  

The slavery your talking about is what took place in the usa.  But, the type of slave that the bible gives rules for, would become known as endentured servents in the north.  They were treated as badly or worse as the slaves in the south.  

Historically, the group that became the isrealites.  Were the guards for the egyption border with sinia. This is why the egyptions feared that they might decide to help the enemy instead of egypt.

When your building something like a pyramid the whole nation gets involved in it.  The isrealites had to contribute so many mud bricks for construction, as did many other groups.  The slavery came in after phario killed all the first born males.

#13    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

View PostGreenmansGod, on 22 September 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Not this time of year. Beside Yeti's are kind of a pink color and the Florida habit for them is on the beach.  They line the beaches in winter looking like pink beached whales.

Yetis and bigfoots are the same creature. They just change their fur color like .   Snowshoe rabbit does.

#14    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:37 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 22 September 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Is this a trick question?

Non believers mean exactly that, non believers, so as far as non believers are concerned, there is NO god to perform the magic tricks in  the first place.

And, yet their they ones calling everything god did and does a magic trick.

#15    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,273 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

View Postdanielost, on 22 September 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

And, yet their they ones calling everything god did and does a magic trick.
Where are you getting this from? If someone does not believe in something, then they can not say he "did".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users