Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

New Gun Law Push

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#241    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sempere aude

• 2,568 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 27 September 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

People would store them securely by themselves if having your gun fall in the wrong hands gets you a mandatory term in the penn.
I am not so sure about that. Lots of people do not think about the consequences of their actions.

#242    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 5,356 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

yep, especially those that try to enact laws that are proven to fail.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#243    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Haji says he grew up around guns and lately had been carrying his pistol with him. “I left where I was and I headed straight to the Westgate,” Haji told ABC News. “Luckily on that particular day I had actually carried my licensed gun with me so I didn’t have to go back home to waste time and pick up a gun, I went straight to the mall.”

Another great reason to always be carrying!  

http://abcnews.go.co...-mall-massacre/

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#244    MonkeyLove

MonkeyLove

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 27 September 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

seeing how all the other bill of rights were directed at Individual rights it would only make sense that the second amendment does too.

The founding fathers were very clear in other documents of what they said about what they meant by the second amendment.

"A free people ought to be armed."
- George Washington

"The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
- Thomas Jefferson (quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria)

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
- Thomas Jefferson

"I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians."
- George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self defense."
- John Adams

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms."
- James Madison

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
- Samuel Adams

Don't forget to look at the militia acts, various threats perceived, and the use of militias. The threats included whites, European invaders, slaves, and Native Americans. The uses include slave patrols, challenges to the Whiskey Rebellion and the Western confederacy, etc.

Apparently, not only did they want males of a certain age armed, they wanted to through conscription, with all militias answerable to the government.

#245    MonkeyLove

MonkeyLove

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Finally, another interesting point related to the topic:

"The Secret History of Guns"

The Ku Klux Klan, Ronald Reagan, and, for most of its history, the NRA all worked to control guns. The Founding Fathers? They required gun ownership—and regulated it. And no group has more fiercely advocated the right to bear loaded weapons in public than the Black Panthers—the true pioneers of the modern pro-gun movement. In the battle over gun rights in America, both sides have distorted history and the law, and there’s no resolution in sight.

http://www.theatlant...of-guns/308608/

#246    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,383 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

View PostMonkeyLove, on 28 September 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Don't forget to look at the militia acts, various threats perceived, and the use of militias. The threats included whites, European invaders, slaves, and Native Americans. The uses include slave patrols, challenges to the Whiskey Rebellion and the Western confederacy, etc.

Apparently, not only did they want males of a certain age armed, they wanted to through conscription, with all militias answerable to the government.
Probably best if we have a rule of law without the slavery don't ya think.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users