Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoots and tool usage.

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#106    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

That's what I'm saying. And yet when it happened they folded like a linen napkin.

#107    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,678 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:10 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 01 October 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

That's what I'm saying. And yet when it happened they folded like a linen napkin.
I'm not sure I've ever read a report/encounter where BF threw things and actually killed someone. The FBF guys should have charged right out. BF would statistically not have killed them and (from reports) would instead have run off. They could have gotten some good shots of BF running off into the woods.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#108    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

Maybe there was no room for their helmets in the float plane. :unsure2:

#109    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 01 October 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

I'm not sure I've ever read a report/encounter where BF threw things and actually killed someone. The FBF guys should have charged right out. BF would statistically not have killed them and (from reports) would instead have run off. They could have gotten some good shots of BF running off into the woods.

I don't recall having ever heard of that either. Bigfoots behavior seems a little odd to me they seem to be curious about us, about children in particular, yet they will try and run us away from them and their areas but if we refuse to be scared off then they just leave. I have read and heard of accounts from people who've had the crap scared out of them by a territorial Bigfoot and then on the other hand there some who claim that they have regular encounters with the creatures, but naturally they don't have any pictures or video. I seem to recall one woman claimed they didn't like when she was around them and had something new or different about her.

Now just yesterday I was looking around and found an interesting map which correlated sightings, time and population growth. I'll have to see if I can post a link to that sight I thought that was interesting as well.

Found it, here's the link:

http://www.huffingto..._n_3967703.html

Edited by keninsc, 01 October 2013 - 05:25 AM.

#110    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Oh, I should add. This map listed above is the same map as listed in another thread. The difference is the one I have a link to has an inset map showing population areas relative to Bigfoot sightings.

Edited by keninsc, 01 October 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#111    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

The word "sighting" map is gonna drive me to drinkin'!

I contacted Mr. Stevens who created the map. He used both "A" and "B" reports to compile the map data. Even all "A" reports are not sightings of an animal. "B" reports include limited visibility, or only sounds, only sign, only smells, feelings of being watched, etc.

#112    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Ok, so he just put up anything, no checking or anything, eh?

#113    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 01 October 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Ok, so he just put up anything, no checking or anything, eh?

What it means is he included A and B type reports for his data. He gave no indication that he read through each report to see which were indeed an alleged possible sighting of the animal. I asked him.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 8:08 AM, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXwrote:
Subject: Bigfoot Sighting Map

Message Body:
Hello Josh!
I have a question about your map data:

Did read through all the reports and only map those BFRO reports that were actual sightings of the creature and not "B" or "C" reports or "A" reports that did not result in a sighting of the animal?

Thank you for your time,
XXXXX

Hi XXX,

Great question! The map is based on A+B sightings only.

Best,
Josh

Edited by QuiteContrary, 01 October 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#114    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

Wow! Side stepped that question like a politician. LOL!

#115    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 01 October 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Wow! Side stepped that question like a politician. LOL!

lol Yeah, if there had just been some sort of clarification. BFRO labels all the reports in the database as Sightings by Region, but it isn't tough to figure out that is not at all true.
I can't access their site lately.

#116    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 01 October 2013 - 07:21 PM, said:

lol Yeah, if there had just been some sort of clarification. BFRO labels all the reports in the database as Sightings by Region, but it isn't tough to figure out that is not at all true.
I can't access their site lately.

Yeah, it didn't take long to figure their's out, but this guy made his look so good. I was completely suckered by that one.

#117    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,678 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

View Postkeninsc, on 01 October 2013 - 05:24 AM, said:

It is a nice looking map. Population, I assume means "population of encounters"? Interesting that the number of encounters reported peaks in the mid 2000s and dropped off rapidly. Maybe the Recession left little time for extraneous bigfoot reporting?

The By-(human)Population map is very interesting too. If bigfoot was a general population mental illusion, then we'd expect the ratios to be flat. But, maybe it is by sub-culture? So that the further west one goes (And the culture changes), the more likely you are to "encounter" bigfoot?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#118    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 02 October 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

It is a nice looking map. Population, I assume means "population of encounters"? Interesting that the number of encounters reported peaks in the mid 2000s and dropped off rapidly. Maybe the Recession left little time for extraneous bigfoot reporting?

The By-(human)Population map is very interesting too. If bigfoot was a general population mental illusion, then we'd expect the ratios to be flat. But, maybe it is by sub-culture? So that the further west one goes (And the culture changes), the more likely you are to "encounter" bigfoot?

The graph along the bottom shows two trends.  The right side is the US population in millions and is represented by the smooth sloping line.  It shows that the current estimated population is ~315 million and it is actually 316 million I believe.  At 1960 it shows ~180 million (halfway between 155 and 205 million) and the population in 1960 was 179 million.

The left side is the number of reported sightings and is represented by the erratic line.  I am not sure if it is reports per month of per year, though I surmise from the number of changes it may be months.  It shows a spike of almost 40 early in 2005.

What the graph shows is that the number of reported sightings has not grown proportionally to our population.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#119    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

Ism sure they do use tools of so kind

#120    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

I still say there is just too much left out to draw any conclusions.
---How comprehensive should we assume the database to be when it comes to incidents before 1970? 1850? Etc.
---How comprehensive is it for current reports as well? Should we assume all or most encounters are reported and make it to the BFRO database?
If they accept: "I felt watched" "Something was following me" "I heard rustling outside my tent" " It was the worst smell I have ever smelled" "I'm an outdoorsman and no animal I know makes a noise like that." How many more people could add encounters? I could add a couple of my own

Not to mention no oversight or objective review.

We need a cleaner database and a more thorough one to draw any conclusions, imo.

I refer to it, it is all we have. And I discuss it too, it is the only monster-in-the-room and unavoidable, so to speak. Alleged encounters are the only source we have to get any info on BF's identity/physiology/habits/ etc. But the reporting/recording process is so deeply flawed as to be near worthless, imo.

Reporting and record keeping and drawing conclusions requires much more scrutiny due to the mythological/hoax/lack of verified evidence from ANY encounter, aspect of the subject matter.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 02 October 2013 - 06:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users