Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jack the Ripper never existed

jack the ripper trevor marriott thomas bulling scotland yard murder

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    ZOD

ZOD

Intern of the Illuminatti

• 5,114 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

Weird, i was talking about this in Forensics class the other day and floated the idea he never was 1 person.

damn psychic book theives

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#17    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 24 September 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

i thought it was Vincent van Gough...

Yeah, what's happened to our buddy who was convinced Vincent was Jack.

#18    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

I couldn't tell from the article that this detective is claiming the White Chapel murders were not committed by the same man. All I could figure from the article is that Marriott has theorized:
1. There were more, similar murders committed in other countries before and after White Chapel.
2. Marriott attributes some of the murders, including those outside the infamous White Chapel ladies, but not all, to a seaman Feigenbaum
3. It is only the name "Jack the Ripper" that  cannot be attributed to the killer, by the killer himself. (This false attribution solidified the one killer only public mindset)
4. He hasn't told us his thoughts on each of the White Chapel murders (one killer or more). We'll need to pay for that information.

The second photo's exploitive crotch shot just degrades the victims all over again, and reinforces the sick misogynistic mind of the women's murderer(s) and the subsequent salacious interest in these crimes. This should be reserved for the killer's mind, and not the general public to sell something, imo. If that was my mother/sister/wife I'd be sickened and livid.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 25 September 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#19    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

30 September is arriving on Monday. Night of the double murder. Liz Stride 1st with only her throat cut. Then Cathy Eddowes in Mitre Square. Face slashed, body slashed and part of her kidney removed.

I don't believe there was more than one murderer and the double murder night clinches the deal for me.

What are the odds that 2 women would be murdered in exactly the same fashion on the same night in the same small area?

Strangled, laid on the ground, throat cut so the arterial blood splashes away from the murderer. There was only one Jack.

The police had the best chance they would ever have to catch him that night. They were saturating the streets and they let one of his victims out of the lockup because she'd sobered up.

His last victim, Mary Kelly, was indoors because the police presence on the streets was overwhelming. Jack couldn't kill anymore outside so he let her lead him into her room.

Jack didn't murder because he enjoyed it. The actual deaths were quick. It's what he did after the women were dead that gave him his pleasure.

"Jack the Ripper" was the name given by a journo. The only letter that could even come close to being original, IMO, is the Mr Lusk letter. Because it's the only one that has any emotion in it. He talks about frying the kidney and eating it. It was nice. That's the mark of a psychotic serial murderer.

#20    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• 1,317 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 25 September 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I couldn't tell from the article that this detective is claiming the White Chapel murders were not committed by the same man. All I could figure from the article is that Marriott has theorized:
1. There were more, similar murders committed in other countries before and after White Chapel.
2. Marriott attributes some of the murders, including those outside the infamous White Chapel ladies, but not all, to a seaman Feigenbaum
3. It is only the name "Jack the Ripper" that  cannot be attributed to the killer, by the killer himself. (This false attribution solidified the one killer only public mindset)
4. He hasn't told us his thoughts on each of the White Chapel murders (one killer or more). We'll need to pay for that information.

The second photo's exploitive crotch shot just degrades the victims all over again, and reinforces the sick misogynistic mind of the women's murderer(s) and the subsequent salacious interest in these crimes. This should be reserved for the killer's mind, and not the general public to sell something, imo. If that was my mother/sister/wife I'd be sickened and livid.

It's funny that you mention other murders. I recall my dad ages ago mentioning that there were similar murders commited in Europe.,think one place he mentioned was Paris. He also mentioned that there was the thought maybe the killer was a seaman.  Heck,if you go along with that line,could have even been a ship's doctor.
Now where he came up with this seaman theory,i didnt think to ask. So it's possibly something he had read somewhere over the years.
Still think White Chapel was one person.Look at the Green River Killer.Just recently I saw either on Yahoo news or in the paper that he claims to have done a few more murders than what he was charged with.He killed more women than old Jack,and it was all the work of one man.

#21    The_Student

The_Student

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:16 PM

The theory that there wasn't a Jack the Ripper and these were unconnected murders has been around for a while I think: it is a believable theory as far as the newspapers at the time had a tendency to pull in possibly unrelated murders (such as those of Martha Tabram and Emma Smith) to create top seller headlines. I think I'll read the book to see what he has to say about the misrepresentation of evidence that suggested the organs had been taken, wouldn't the horrifically cut throats suggest a common killer though?

#22    sgtfurry

sgtfurry

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• forget Twilight - you wanna read about vampires read Mick Farren's Renquist series of books

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

I never read much about the ripper story but Patricia Cornwall's ripper book was very interesting, where British master painter William Sickert being her number one suspect - there is even DNA evidence to support her claim, very provocative, but this story is certainly credible

#23    The_Student

The_Student

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

View Postsgtfurry, on 25 September 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

I never read much about the ripper story but Patricia Cornwall's ripper book was very interesting, where British master painter William Sickert being her number one suspect - there is even DNA evidence to support her claim, very provocative, but this story is certainly credible

It's very loose DNA evidence though, it only possibly ties Sickert to the Ripper letters which doesn't put him at any of the murders. Several experts in the field consider the letters to be largely faked anyway. It is an interesting theory though, I really wish there was some clarity over the historical documentation - one of the largest criticisms of her theory is that Sickert was allegedly in France during the murders but Cornwell claims that there is nothing that definitively says that Sickert was there. She also reckons it would be fairly easy to cross the Channel at the time of the murders, solving the problem of the documentation that he was in France. It's this timeline that makes it an unlikely theory for me at any rate.

#24    Ste Motson

Ste Motson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

• Private Investigator & vegan

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

For the 5 murders attributed to JTR, there were 3 different MO's: 3 were throttled before having their throat slashed; Cat Eddowes had her throat cut from behind (possibly with her own knife) without being throttled; Mary Kelly had her throat slashed in her own room without being throttled whilst facing her attacker (note the defence wounds on her arms in the photographs).

There was no medical skill involved in any of the disembowelling (only 1 doctor out of the 5 who examined the victims disagreed with this, but retracted this later).

In Whitechapel there were no murders in the preceding year, 1887 (of the 80 recorded homicides in London, not a single one was recorded in Whitechapel) nor in 1886. In 1889 there was only 1 murder (compared to 79 in London) and in 1890 there was 1 recorded murder (whilst 74 were recorded in London). How can anbody suggest these murders were common in Whitechapel (nobody killed in the preceding 2 years, then 5 women killed in the space of 6 weeks)?

I am also not convinced that the 'Dear Jack' letter is a forgery.

Edited by Ste Motson, 26 September 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#25    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

The locket that could unmask Jack the Ripper: Descendant of fifth victim claims tiny photo proves serial killer was Queen Victoria's surgeon

http://www.dailymail...descendant.html

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#26    Barnacle Battlefront

Barnacle Battlefront

Death Before Decaf

• 5,410 posts

• There's no place like 127.0.0.1

A symptom of the universe

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

The relatedness, and ongoing escalation of the crimes just seems to coincidental to have been done by several people (unless they worked together). However, 125 years later, it is very hard to draw any reasonable conclusion as to what occured

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking. Racing around to come up behind you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death.

Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy as hell.- Maca02

#27    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 26 September 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

The locket that could unmask Jack the Ripper: Descendant of fifth victim claims tiny photo proves serial killer was Queen Victoria's surgeon

http://www.dailymail...descendant.html

What! You're sure it wasn't Prince Albert?

#28    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

View PostInvaderTAQ, on 02 October 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

The relatedness, and ongoing escalation of the crimes just seems to coincidental to have been done by several people (unless they worked together). However, 125 years later, it is very hard to draw any reasonable conclusion as to what occured

What? Several people working together? Who are you thinking of? Queen Victoria, Sir Charles Warren, Prince Albert Victor, Mr Gladstone, Prince Albert's ghost, Vincent Van Gogh......name your perp. Or perps.

Edited by Antilles, 02 October 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#29    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

View Postsgtfurry, on 25 September 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

No, there is not credible evidence to support her claim. A fictional author has a go at writing a factual story. To make money. You have any other credible sources to back up her story?

You'll be looking for a long time.

#30    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,215 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

View PostSte Motson, on 26 September 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

For the 5 murders attributed to JTR, there were 3 different MO's: 3 were throttled before having their throat slashed; Cat Eddowes had her throat cut from behind (possibly with her own knife) without being throttled; Mary Kelly had her throat slashed in her own room without being throttled whilst facing her attacker (note the defence wounds on her arms in the photographs).

There was no medical skill involved in any of the disembowelling (only 1 doctor out of the 5 who examined the victims disagreed with this, but retracted this later).

In Whitechapel there were no murders in the preceding year, 1887 (of the 80 recorded homicides in London, not a single one was recorded in Whitechapel) nor in 1886. In 1889 there was only 1 murder (compared to 79 in London) and in 1890 there was 1 recorded murder (whilst 74 were recorded in London). How can anbody suggest these murders were common in Whitechapel (nobody killed in the preceding 2 years, then 5 women killed in the space of 6 weeks)?

I am also not convinced that the 'Dear Jack' letter is a forgery.

Out of all of your ' knowledge' I will ask only this question. There is a Dear Jack letter? Really? Jack was writing to himself?

Amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users