Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Moon Just Got 100 Million Years Younger

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

Well I hope the Moon doesn't get any younger or we'll be in Velikovski woo woo land

#17    Socio

Socio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

View Postpallidin, on 25 September 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

The leading theory of how the moon formed holds that it was created when a mysterious planet — one the size of Mars or larger — slammed into Earth about 4.56 billion years ago, just after the solar system came together. But new analyses of lunar rocks suggest that the moon, which likely coalesced from the debris blasted into space by this monster impact...

That's from the article.

Now, I'm confused a little. A planet(the size of Mars or larger) slamming into earth, doesn't make much sense to me.
That is, what happened to that "planet" and would it not have changed Earth's orbit, not to mention "cracking" both substanstially?

Maybe it was a relatively "slow" hit. Or, being so long ago and "recombining over time" to once again becoming "spherical", could that "assassin planet" now be what we know as Mars, or Venus? If not, where did it go?

I don't know, it's just confusing to me.

Also another theory that is kind of out there, which is that the moon was deliberately positioned to orbit the Earth  to house alien bases for monitoring Earth, and why we have never gone back, we were told not to. It is part of the the "we are just an alien experiment" theory, as was prehistoric earth before us.

Edited by Socio, 04 October 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#18    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,526 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

View PostSocio, on 04 October 2013 - 02:33 PM, said:

Also another theory that is kind of out there, which is that the moon was deliberately positioned to orbit the Earth  to house alien bases for monitoring Earth, and why we have never gone back, we were told not to. It is part of the the "we are just an alien experiment" theory, as was prehistoric earth before us.

Rubbish theory too. Have you any idea how to move a moon? Its not as small as it looks you know, and its doing exactly what other moons - round other planets - do too!  Moons are natural

And which of the 6 times man walked on the moon did he get warned off?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users