Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where did Ogopogo go?

ogopogo rattlesnake island okanagan lake

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Ogopogo sightings were once a regular feature of our long hot Okanagan summers. The elusive creature was usually seen in July or August, especially during the now-defunct, Kelowna International Regatta.

Sightings were often near Rattlesnake Island across from Peachland, or around Bear Creek Provincial Park, on the west side of Okanagan Lake, or even in the vicinity of the regatta itself.

View: Read more

Posted Image

#2    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,520 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

I never see Ogopogo in Lake Okanogan ... And I've looked every time. LOL. Pretty lake though, so it's easy to gaze out the window at when you're cruising by. LOL.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#3    hatecraft

hatecraft

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

He went back to Imagination Land.

#4    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,890 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

Maybe logs are too valuable to allow them to float around in the lake anymore?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#5    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

I've seen some pretty valuable logs floating around in lakes and rivers. Watch swamp loggers.

#6    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

Has anyone tried tossing horses into the lake? (kidding)

But seriously, Ogopogo was one of the first cryptids that I read about as a child, so I have a soft spot for him/them in my heart. Hairy hominids seem to be the cryptid de jour lately and I'm on team lake monsters.

#7    Labobio

Labobio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

I agree with PlanB...I always love lake monster stories...just so much more interesting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users