Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 3 votes

Kid Suspended for Playing Airsoft in Own Yard


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

This is what these gun control nuts are turning neighborhoods into.  Kids aren't even allowed to play with the toys in their own yard with schools suspending them.  Sickening...

Quote

Two seventh-grade students in Virginia Beach, Va., were handed long-term suspensions Tuesday that will last until the end of the school year for playing with an airsoft gun in one of their front yards while waiting for the school bus.

http://www.foxnews.c...un-in-own-yard/

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#2    Taun

Taun

    A dashing moose about town...

  • Member
  • 5,736 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tornado Alley (Oklahoma)

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

This is the part that concerns me...

"The school's so-called "zero-tolerance" policy on guns extends to private property...."...

So, will the schools then be able to "inspect" peoples homes to determine if their policy is being violated in private?

I do think the boys went a bit overboard with their targeting (if the report is true)... but this is ridiculous...

Edited by Taun, 24 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.


#3    Rafterman

Rafterman

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,771 posts
  • Joined:27 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upstate

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

View PostTaun, on 24 September 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

This is the part that concerns me...

"The school's so-called "zero-tolerance" policy on guns extends to private property...."...

So, will the schools then be able to "inspect" peoples homes to determine if their policy is being violated in private?

I do think the boys went a bit overboard with their targeting (if the report is true)... but this is ridiculous...

What about kids who hunt?  I don't know the specific laws in this kid's state, but in most states, kids his age can legally hunt with firearms under adult supervision.

I hope he does get suspended for the year and that his parents bring one hell of a lawsuit against the school district.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#4    Drayno

Drayno

    Draynor's Finest

  • Member
  • 3,704 posts
  • Joined:18 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

This happened in Virginia, too.

One of the original thirteen colonies.. Home to several key figures reverent of Liberty; Washington, Jefferson..

They'll take whatever ground they can get their hands on.

Next they'll punish the boys for thinking about guns in their own homes.

All while pushing the Common Core initiative on them.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II

#5    Purifier

Purifier

    Δ

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Joined:12 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • Wild Card

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Quote

The school's so-called "zero-tolerance" policy on guns extends to private property, according to the report.

Saaaaaaay what?!!!


Well, that's a new one.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#6    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,098 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

didn't i say it years ago, it is not random idiocy, this is delibarte indocrination, and brainwashing, they turn kids into gun haters by punishing them for everything gun related, so they grow up hating guns.  i was told i was an idiot back than, well look who is an idiot now.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#7    pallidin

pallidin

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,344 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

-snip- Nevermind, that was in bad taste.

But, yeah, I can't believe this either.

Edited by pallidin, 24 September 2013 - 06:27 PM.


#8    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,098 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

how nice of you, flipper, lol.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#9    Purifier

Purifier

    Δ

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Joined:12 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • Wild Card

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostHatake Kakashi, on 24 September 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

This happened in Virginia, too.

One of the original thirteen colonies.. Home to several key figures reverent of Liberty; Washington, Jefferson..

They'll take whatever ground they can get their hands on.

Next they'll punish the boys for thinking about guns in their own homes.

All while pushing the Common Core initiative on them.


I haven't been able to confirm this yet and it's mostly hearsay at this point, but I've heard that the school systems are even thinking about even banning the word "gun". So if a kid says any word that sounds remotely like the word "gun" in their statements that has nothing to do with a gun (ton, sun, etc.) and the teacher mistakes it so or mishears it, the punishment for it could be just as worse.  

Trying to put the fear of  their wrongful retribution into them, is what they're doing.

Study the past, if you would divine the future.
- Confucius

#10    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alberta, Canada

  • if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

View Postaztek, on 24 September 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

didn't i say it years ago, it is not random idiocy, this is delibarte indocrination, and brainwashing, they turn kids into gun haters by punishing them for everything gun related, so they grow up hating guns.  i was told i was an idiot back than, well look who is an idiot now.

If anything, there is an increase in the amount of gun violence in tv/movies and video games. It seems pretty counter-productive if this is what they are trying to do. In the wake of the shootings of the past few years, I think people are overly paranoid and tensions are running high.

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt


#11    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,098 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 24 September 2013 - 06:25 PM, said:

If anything, there is an increase in the amount of gun violence in tv/movies and video games. It seems pretty counter-productive if this is what they are trying to do. In the wake of the shootings of the past few years, I think people are overly paranoid and tensions are running high.
agreed, but his sht in schools happens with alarming regularity.
also gun violence on tv, games, is a no no subject to talk about, just as much as mental health.

Edited by aztek, 24 September 2013 - 06:36 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#12    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Joined:06 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan, USA

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostRafterman, on 24 September 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

What about kids who hunt?  I don't know the specific laws in this kid's state, but in most states, kids his age can legally hunt with firearms under adult supervision.

I hope he does get suspended for the year and that his parents bring one hell of a lawsuit against the school district.

Yeah, Jr. Hunt was this past Saturday and my little cousin got himself a buck.  I miss those days of Jr. Hunts, but guess what?  Venison for me!!

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#13    rashore

rashore

    Telekinetic

  • 7,051 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Wow, and school has only been in session for a few weeks. I can understand police involvement since there was a 911 call. But the school involvement is overboard.


#14    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • Joined:08 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alberta, Canada

  • if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

View Postaztek, on 24 September 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

agreed, but his sht in schools happens with alarming regularity.

I would say a few isolated incidents. All this paranoia stems from the public wanting answers. We all want to know what would cause someone to snap and shoot up a school. Unfortunately, because we don't know we are punishing people for no good reason. An endless series of wild goose chases.

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt


#15    Ryu

Ryu

    Born to fail.

  • Member
  • 3,721 posts
  • Joined:17 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Where you'll never find me

  • One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

Sadly this type of thing will keep on happening and institutions like schools will keep pushing the proverbial envelope until people finally wake up and say "ENOUGH!".

See..if places like schools (for example) keep on doing this type of thing to children and no one says anything and many even support it then they will do it to adults. Children are societies lab rats so to speak.

What they do to them they will do to the rest of us.

Also, has anyone noticed that for the past few years/decades that children have been increasing portrayed as being nothing more than budding criminals that we just HAVE to spy on every second and control their every thought and movement?

Edited by Ryu, 24 September 2013 - 07:15 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users