Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 2 votes

Governments Hire Web Trolls


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#16    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 36,192 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

View PostTaun, on 24 September 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

I wonder what they pay, and if they would let someone work part time....

Et tu brutus?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#17    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Joined:23 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

What about the people "working" for God. Looking around this forum it seems this "problem" is more manifest in the religious sections than the news sections.


#18    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 36,192 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

View PostKaa-Tzik, on 24 September 2013 - 08:08 PM, said:

What about the people "working" for God. Looking around this forum it seems this "problem" is more manifest in the religious sections than the news sections.

There are all kinds of jokers pushing an agenda on all types of forums. There are some who do it to impress the world, others to buy the stairway to heaven and still others for material gain. In fact, some even try to sell kitchens.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#19    Taun

Taun

    A dashing moose about town...

  • Member
  • 6,138 posts
  • Joined:19 May 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tornado Alley (Oklahoma)

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:18 PM

Nah guys, just think... let 'em hire a bunch of us to be 'trolls'... Just think how we could twist the message in all sorts of different ways!...


#20    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

    Hero Squad

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Joined:21 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Brunswick, Canada

  • I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Yes, everyone who disagrees with you is a paid troll.

Blah.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#21    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

    Space Cadet

  • 32,453 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bexleyheath, Kent, UK

  • We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

    Oscar Wilde

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostF3SS, on 24 September 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Fair enough but... What if by slim chance someone outed themselves. What would happen if reported?
You aren't really think it through are you?

How could someone out themselves in this way? An accidental confession? All they would then need to say is "I was being ironic". Tell me how we could prove differently? As I said earlier there is no possible way we could take action. There is no way we could prove any such case.

I suspect that if a paid agent was that stupid they would not remain in the employ of the security services for long.

If they did keep that job then I suspect that would be the last post they made (at least with that identity). What is the point of a "secret" identity if everyone knows about it?

Any specific rules we made would be pointless. Anyone outed would simply disappear and be replaced.

So there are no specific rules against such activities. How could there be? How could this forum have a rule banning any government agency, law enforcement agency or security service carrying out their jobs no matter how much we might disapprove of them?



"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#22    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,602 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

well good luck to them, they have their work cut out for them, they are very outnumbered.  it is actually very hard work to watch at the monitor 8 or more hours a day none stop.  whatever you do. trolling or wrighting code.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#23    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,602 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 24 September 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:



I suspect that if a paid agent was that stupid they would not remain in the employ of the security services for long.



i very doubt they are stupid, to convince someone with strong opinion otherwise, they have to be former\present psyop officers, and to get job like that they'd need a degree in cyber whatever.  if they do what most, including me, do  here, they will not  sway anyones opinion.

the best way to hide a lie is between 2 truths

RESIDENT TROLL.

#24    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Joined:23 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

I would have thought this whole thing would only be a problem if there were thread after thread with names like "Iran will defeat the great Satan, dicuss" or "The heroic workers of North Korea will triple tractor production during this five year plan", or "We will bury you, was Khrushchev right?". I don't see this, infact sometimes it is threads attacking these countries. Would it mean that a national of any country disparaged in a thread, or within a thread by another poster, could be seen as an "agent" of their own country if they defend their country. It seems that this is the thrust of this OP. This would end any debate as posters would be scared to defend their own country, right or wrong, for fear of being accussed of being a paid "troll". It could also be that if a poster just happend to think their country was right about an issue, then they would be inhibited from speaking out simply because they will have the same view as their governments, and so be seen as a paid troll. I probably laboured this too much, but I hope my point is seen.


#25    F3SS

F3SS

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,153 posts
  • Joined:11 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 24 September 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

You aren't really think it through are you?

How could someone out themselves in this way? An accidental confession? All they would then need to say is "I was being ironic". Tell me how we could prove differently? As I said earlier there is no possible way we could take action. There is no way we could prove any such case.

I suspect that if a paid agent was that stupid they would not remain in the employ of the security services for long.

If they did keep that job then I suspect that would be the last post they made (at least with that identity). What is the point of a "secret" identity if everyone knows about it?

Any specific rules we made would be pointless. Anyone outed would simply disappear and be replaced.

So there are no specific rules against such activities. How could there be? How could this forum have a rule banning any government agency, law enforcement agency or security service carrying out their jobs no matter how much we might disapprove of them?

I don't know. The subject came up. I was curious. You're a moderator. Figured I'd ask.

Posted Image

#26    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesnowta, USA

  • I tried to enter my favorite quote but the data limit was breached so you get this. Pretty anti-climatic isn't it?

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

Great so anyone that disagrees with you is a shill now?  Anyone with strong convictions wouldn't be swayed by such a person anyways.  To be honest i think this guy is a payed shill by Alex Jones myself, citing infowars.  Lots of anti-semitic comments on that video as well.




#27    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

    Integrity is all we have

  • Member
  • 2,713 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:White Cloud

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

View PostEnderOTD, on 25 September 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

Great so anyone that disagrees with you is a shill now?  Anyone with strong convictions wouldn't be swayed by such a person anyways.  To be honest i think this guy is a payed shill by Alex Jones myself, citing infowars.  Lots of anti-semitic comments on that video as well.



Quite frankly, people wouldn't question if someone was a paid shill if the government did not pay shills.


#28    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,295 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

View PostAgent0range, on 24 September 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

Oh look, another Youtube video used as a source.


This is what gets me. Argue the content and quit attacking the source. If you can`t then whats the point of posting what you did.  Like I see when some post infowars and it is discredited asap due to the source but hardly attack the subject, Alex does not write the articles he comments on them.  Not that one can believe everything on the net lol but to those that post if it`s on the net it must be true type comments, it`s pointless. as this is the medium we have for getting to the truth rather than trusting blindly in our government controled media or is that backwards. Media controled government.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#29    EnderOTD

EnderOTD

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Joined:17 Feb 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesnowta, USA

  • I tried to enter my favorite quote but the data limit was breached so you get this. Pretty anti-climatic isn't it?

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 25 September 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:




Quite frankly, people wouldn't question if someone was a paid shill if the government did not pay shills.
My response was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, seems to me its another form advertisement when its in favor of a company such as Monsanto.  Its no surprise to me that governments would hire people to do such things, propaganda will eventually evolve with the technological advancements in social media.  At the same time, dropping the "ahh look another shill"line is horrible when supporting a persons argument.


#30    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,295 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostEnderOTD, on 25 September 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:


My response was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, seems to me its another form advertisement when its in favor of a company such as Monsanto.  Its no surprise to me that governments would hire people to do such things, propaganda will eventually evolve with the technological advancements in social media.  At the same time, dropping the "ahh look another shill"line is horrible when supporting a persons argument.

View PostEnderOTD, on 25 September 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:


My response was somewhat tongue-in-cheek, seems to me its another form advertisement when its in favor of a company such as Monsanto.  Its no surprise to me that governments would hire people to do such things, propaganda will eventually evolve with the technological advancements in social media.  At the same time, dropping the "ahh look another shill"line is horrible when supporting a persons argument.

As was said by Waspie the proof required to make such a claim would be practicly impossible. A shill will eventually try to hard and be called out as a wooden nickle.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users