Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Skeleton Fragments of a Giant Found?

ancient fossil giant giants

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
288 replies to this topic

#241    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,153 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostDr_Acula, on 17 November 2013 - 01:01 AM, said:

Lol, I meant a source other than yourself.

Look up and read "Geophysical Characterization of the Chicxulub Impact Crater" (2013) as well as "The Cretaceous-Tertiary Mass Extinction, Chicxulub Impact, and Deccan Volcanism" (2012) as well as looking up "chondrite" which is what the Chicxulub Impactor was. Then tell me where you see evidence that the Chicxulub Impactor was in any way radioactive. It should also be noted per the second study that the Deccan Traps were erupting long before, during and long after the impactor struck and obviously would have had devastating effects on both flora and fauna. As for a decrease in dinosaurs before the impact you can read the following:

http://www.livescien...extinction.html

To add to the above a more recent article suggests that the impactor itself was, based on a more recent estimate of Iridium found in the K-Pg layer, significantly smaller at about 5.7 km/3.5 miles versus the original estimate of 6 miles.

http://www.lpi.usra....13/pdf/2405.pdf

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt, 17 November 2013 - 04:35 AM.

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#242    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,303 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:33 AM

It should probably be stressed at this point that fluctuations in radioactive decay were first noticed in the late 1950s or early '60s, and are a known phenomenon. Fluctuations are taken into account in dating, and figure into calibrations. This is a non-issue.

As for inclusions in the granite for an attempt to explain the "footprint," there do not seem to be any traces of this. Granite is formed deep underground as magma is forced between other rocks in the crust. Nothing stepped in granite to leave a perfect "footprint," and some other stone with a "footprint" did not fall into a blob of pre-granite lava. This is not realistic. I am merely repeating what Harte has correctly explained more than once now.

The introduction of the fossil record is my fault. Dr_Acula is correct that it is far from complete, but one must remain within the bounds of reason. It is simply not realistic to expect this chunk of granite to be the one and only bit of proof for a "giant" hominid which lived tens of millions of years ago—a fact in and of itself which is counter to scientific understanding.

And as I mentioned earlier, the entire premise smacks up against geology, paleontology, evolutionary biology, and numerous other scientific fields. To try to counter this with the idea that science may be making incorrect assumptions is sidestepping the wider issues and ignoring the sum total of what scientific studies have revealed on a myriad of relevant subjects.

In other words, Dr_Acula, you're evading the facts when you claim none of us have debunked your approach. All avenues of your approach have been debunked several times over. It's not our fault if you've wedded yourself to this "footprint," so please do not misrepresent the substance of our posts. You are an intelligent individual, so you should realize the fact that the "footprint" is counter to common sense in the first place.

Posted Image
The evil overlord mummy moderator has spoken.

Visit My Blog!

#243    Dr_Acula

Dr_Acula

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostHarte, on 17 November 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

Isn't it obvious?
To point out when the clueless are blathering about fantasy as if it were real.  Or possible.

Granite doesn't form underground because its afraid of the light.

Immense pressures are involved.  Nothing "falls" into that without having a route, which releases the pressure and you don't get granite.

The fact I just mentioned will do.  You know, I tried to tell you that already.

There may be some slight errors (what you call "problemns") in scientific dating methods.  However, these errors are known and are both corrected for (usually) and accounted for in the ranges given as dates.

Pay the toll!

I thought you understood the meaning of the term "intrusive" and the implications thereof.

Turns out you just know how to use google, eh?

Harte

Troll somewhere else.

#244    Dr_Acula

Dr_Acula

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

View Postkmt_sesh, on 17 November 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

It should probably be stressed at this point that fluctuations in radioactive decay were first noticed in the late 1950s or early '60s, and are a known phenomenon. Fluctuations are taken into account in dating, and figure into calibrations. This is a non-issue.

As for inclusions in the granite for an attempt to explain the "footprint," there do not seem to be any traces of this. Granite is formed deep underground as magma is forced between other rocks in the crust. Nothing stepped in granite to leave a perfect "footprint," and some other stone with a "footprint" did not fall into a blob of pre-granite lava. This is not realistic. I am merely repeating what Harte has correctly explained more than once now.

The introduction of the fossil record is my fault. Dr_Acula is correct that it is far from complete, but one must remain within the bounds of reason. It is simply not realistic to expect this chunk of granite to be the one and only bit of proof for a "giant" hominid which lived tens of millions of years ago—a fact in and of itself which is counter to scientific understanding.

And as I mentioned earlier, the entire premise smacks up against geology, paleontology, evolutionary biology, and numerous other scientific fields. To try to counter this with the idea that science may be making incorrect assumptions is sidestepping the wider issues and ignoring the sum total of what scientific studies have revealed on a myriad of relevant subjects.

In other words, Dr_Acula, you're evading the facts when you claim none of us have debunked your approach. All avenues of your approach have been debunked several times over. It's not our fault if you've wedded yourself to this "footprint," so please do not misrepresent the substance of our posts. You are an intelligent individual, so you should realize the fact that the "footprint" is counter to common sense in the first place.

Yes, I do understand that the alleged footprint is counter to common sense.  However, I thought it would be fun to debate about so I took the perspective of it possibly being genuine.  I never said that that is what I believe.  I am just thinking of logical arguments that could make it possible and posting them.  If people are honestly upset about my posts I will just stop.  It was meant to be enjoyable.

As for Harte, I don't know if he understands what trolling is, but I don't appreciate it.

#245    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

The Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,363 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:49 AM

Unfortanately the photo with the African women there is a shadow being cast in the toe area.I assume the photo with the native is an earlier picture than Tellinger's photo.If so then you can see that the anomaly has been worked on, especialy in the heel area to make it more foot like.Is that an offering of
plant material in the heal, or is that hardened rock?

I believe Tellinger is honest in what he believes, but I have seen him duped on more obvious fakery before.If this was real than my own opinion would be that it is from a giant space hippie on shore leave than anything Earth it's self furnished.If there was giants?Then they would be just Basketball player sized, and in the more remote past.Anyone looking to prove the Bible with giants should really look at the context, etymology both canon, and noncanon of what's being said.

Attached Thumbnails

• zzzhhhh.JPG
  • blackfootI.JPG

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was crucified, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3,000 yo Tablet saying this is proof of it's truth. Praise Jesus Serotonin Christ!

#246    Dr_Acula

Dr_Acula

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

View Postdavros of skaro, on 17 November 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

Unfortanately the photo with the African women there is a shadow being cast in the toe area.I assume the photo with the native is an earlier picture than Tellinger's photo.If so then you can see that the anomaly has been worked on, especialy in the heel area to make it more foot like.Is that an offering of
plant material in the heal, or is that hardened rock?

I believe Tellinger is honest in what he believes, but I have seen him duped on more obvious fakery before.If this was real than my own opinion would be that it is from a giant space hippie on shore leave than anything Earth it's self furnished.If there was giants?Then they would be just Basketball player sized, and in the more remote past.Anyone looking to prove the Bible with giants should really look at the context, etymology both canon, and noncanon of what's being said.

You're looking at it at two different angles actually.  Compare to this photo:
Posted Image

#247    Dr_Acula

Dr_Acula

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 17 November 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:

Look up and read "Geophysical Characterization of the Chicxulub Impact Crater" (2013) as well as "The Cretaceous-Tertiary Mass Extinction, Chicxulub Impact, and Deccan Volcanism" (2012) as well as looking up "chondrite" which is what the Chicxulub Impactor was. Then tell me where you see evidence that the Chicxulub Impactor was in any way radioactive. It should also be noted per the second study that the Deccan Traps were erupting long before, during and long after the impactor struck and obviously would have had devastating effects on both flora and fauna. As for a decrease in dinosaurs before the impact you can read the following:

http://www.livescien...extinction.html

To add to the above a more recent article suggests that the impactor itself was, based on a more recent estimate of Iridium found in the K-Pg layer, significantly smaller at about 5.7 km/3.5 miles versus the original estimate of 6 miles.

http://www.lpi.usra....13/pdf/2405.pdf

cormac

Your link says it is unclear if the extinction was caused by the asteroid or if it was gradual.  Also, if you have a link to the books you claim to be referencing, share it please.  Otherwise, I don't take this debate seriously enough to spend money on books to try to prove a point to an anonymous forum user.  If the asteroid didn't cause the mass extinction that doesn't really change anything that I suggested.  I only explained it that way because that's what most sources described.

#248    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,752 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostDr_Acula, on 17 November 2013 - 05:39 AM, said:

Yes, I do understand that the alleged footprint is counter to common sense.  However, I thought it would be fun to debate about so I took the perspective of it possibly being genuine.  I never said that that is what I believe.  I am just thinking of logical arguments that could make it possible and posting them.  If people are honestly upset about my posts I will just stop.  It was meant to be enjoyable.

:blink:

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#249    Dr_Acula

Dr_Acula

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostPiney, on 17 November 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

:blink:

If you had read anything before this you would see that I mentioned this earlier too.  I never claimed to believe that this is a human footprint.  I said I am not writing off possibilities until there is irrefutable evidence forcing me to do so.  What exactly is your point with your emoticon?

#250    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,153 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostDr_Acula, on 17 November 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Your link says it is unclear if the extinction was caused by the asteroid or if it was gradual.  Also, if you have a link to the books you claim to be referencing, share it please.  Otherwise, I don't take this debate seriously enough to spend money on books to try to prove a point to an anonymous forum user.  If the asteroid didn't cause the mass extinction that doesn't really change anything that I suggested.  I only explained it that way because that's what most sources described.

http://onlinelibrary...2/rog.20007/pdf

http://www.princeton...rthLife2012.pdf

That's okay. I can't take you seriously when you seem to believe that a slight variation of radioactive decay rates means we should just chuck radiometric dating methods in the trash because they're not accurate enough for you. Thusfar you've shown no evidence that your possibility in any significant way invalidates current dating methods.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#251    davros of skaro

davros of skaro

The Holy Dopamine Ghost

• 5,363 posts

• Watching the Star Wars The Force Awakens trailers: I get Goosebumps, and I feel waves of emotions. This is proof that "The Force" is real. :D

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hear is another angle, and it looks to me the heal was rounded out at a later time.

You may find this vid interesting though.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2YWYTOCATTZ3MQCA11EVL1CA6OVWH4CARHP8S3CANSUGP4CAU6G1JYCA9KMFSHCAT25ZUBCAUEHQHVCAIDG4QHCAWHFUNGCADMKWM8CAEVCQVVCAX7LIKXCA6PR1DFCA9XJY0YCA5MFSQYCAE1DQIPCA0JOVX1.jpg

Posted Image
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=79Lmmy2jfeo <-- "Mythical Jesus" Dr. Carrier
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=IybD2xzkhtc <-- "Mythical Moses" Dr. Price (starts@10:20)
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=272571 <-- Science Behind Irrational Beliefs
Inanna the Goddess of love was crucified, then after 3 days/nights was resurrected. An over 3,000 yo Tablet saying this is proof of it's truth. Praise Jesus Serotonin Christ!

#252    Dr_Acula

Dr_Acula

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Postdavros of skaro, on 17 November 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

Hear is another angle, and it looks to me the heal was rounded out at a later time.

That actually looks like almost the same exact angle and shape.  Here is a photo to demonstrate:

Posted Image

But that video was very interesting.  Thanks for sharing it!  I hope they do some professional examinations and dating of that bone.

#253    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postdavros of skaro, on 17 November 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

I'll go on record saying that can easily by the ball of a femur. You know, ball socket hip joint that every primate has and you seem to be forgetting about. Doesn't help that the video is plastered with an add for a site dedicated to mixing science and spirituality, lost civilizations etc.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#254    Dr_Acula

Dr_Acula

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostDecoNoir, on 17 November 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

I'll go on record saying that can easily by the ball of a femur. You know, ball socket hip joint that every primate has and you seem to be forgetting about. Doesn't help that the video is plastered with an add for a site dedicated to mixing science and spirituality, lost civilizations etc.

And I can also see a difference in shape compared to the modern example.

#255    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

View PostDr_Acula, on 17 November 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

And I can also see a difference in shape compared to the modern example.

Exactly. I don't see how anyone with even basic knowledge of hominid anatomy can make that mistake.

Also I might add that the heel bone is a separate bone and is in no way attached to any of the bones on the leg. If this was so, your foot would be completely immobile and at the mercy of your leg, so what we are seeing here is two ball hip joints. The fact that the so called experts seem to think this is a heel goes to show how seriously they should be taken.

Edited by DecoNoir, 17 November 2013 - 06:05 PM.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

Also tagged with ancient, fossil, giant, giants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users