Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Skeleton Fragments of a Giant Found?

ancient fossil giant giants

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
288 replies to this topic

#91    Kaa-Tzik

Kaa-Tzik

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Joined:23 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostDr_Acula, on 28 September 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

Yeah, like I said we went from talking about 35 foot tall giants to talking about 7-8 foot tall human skeletons exhumed in the late 1800s and almost everyone who has commented has been against the existence of either, regardless of public historical records from the time.
Well thats rather curious as wiki lists 21 living people with heights ranging from 7' 1" to 8' 5.5". 35', or anywhere close is out of the question for homosapiens, and I would suggest any biped.

Edited by Kaa-Tzik, 28 September 2013 - 07:37 PM.


#92    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,637 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostDr_Acula, on 28 September 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

I have presented historical records as a form of non-physical evidence.  Prove those records to be false and I will agree with you.  If you can't do that then where exactly is your argument?

What you have presented are historical "accounts" and not "records", as the latter implies that they are historical fact recorded somewhere. They're not. And what I've been saying from the start is that just because they are written down somewhere, whether its newspapers or history books does not on its own make them a fact. Physical evidence makes them a fact.

Do such persons occassionally exist, certainly. But they've also left physical evidence of their existance and not merely some mention in a book.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt, 28 September 2013 - 07:43 PM.

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#93    Avallaine

Avallaine

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined:07 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 28 September 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

What you have presented are historical "accounts" and not "records", as the latter implies that they are historical fact recorded somewhere. They're not. And what I've been saying from the start is that just because they are written down somewhere, whether its newspapers or history books does not on its own make them a fact. Physical evidence makes them a fact.

Does not being a fact mean we should never talk about them?


#94    Dr_Acula

Dr_Acula

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 28 September 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

What you have presented are historical "accounts" and not "records", as the latter implies that they are historical fact recorded somewhere. They're not. And what I've been saying from the start is that just because they are written down somewhere, whether its newspapers or history books does not on its own make them a fact. Physical evidence makes them a fact.

Do such persons occassionally exist, certainly. But they've also left physical evidence of their existance and not merely some mention in a book.

cormac

They are recorded in history books of the time and therefore they are records.  Whether they are fact or not has yet to be seen, I'm not arguing that.  What you fail to realize is that IF these skeletons were uncovered (as the records in over 10 history books I have read so far suggest, each with different accounts at different locations) then the evidence HAS been found.  In many of the accounts the bones crumble apart while trying to remove them from the ground.  That isn't a rare thing, it happens a lot when bones aren't preserved well due to various different conditions.  Bones don't always survive and there have to be certain conditions in place for them to actually fossilize.  So mostly all that is left are the records in these history books.  I'm still researching and will post what I find as I find it.

I would understand this amount of resistance toward the idea if we were talking about lizard men or something, but this is a scientific possibility.


#95    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,637 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostDr_Acula, on 28 September 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

They are recorded in history books of the time and therefore they are records.  Whether they are fact or not has yet to be seen, I'm not arguing that.  What you fail to realize is that IF these skeletons were uncovered (as the records in over 10 history books I have read so far suggest, each with different accounts at different locations) then the evidence HAS been found.  In many of the accounts the bones crumble apart while trying to remove them from the ground.  That isn't a rare thing, it happens a lot when bones aren't preserved well due to various different conditions.  Bones don't always survive and there have to be certain conditions in place for them to actually fossilize.  So mostly all that is left are the records in these history books.  I'm still researching and will post what I find as I find it.

I would understand this amount of resistance toward the idea if we were talking about lizard men or something, but this is a scientific possibility.

The key word there is "IF". Show me something substantially more than "IF" and you'll have something worth talking about. Otherwise it's just another of many claims.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#96    Dr_Acula

Dr_Acula

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 158 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 28 September 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

The key word there is "IF". Show me something substantially more than "IF" and you'll have something worth talking about. Otherwise it's just another of many claims.

I understand that completely.  What I don't understand is why I am getting attacked for speculating a scientifically and realistically plausible idea.  Why do you post on this site if you aren't willing to speculate about unexplained mysteries?

ALSO:

I just found that a man named John Wesley Powell was one of the people who did first-hand explorations of the mounds and wrote of unusually tall skeletons.  I'm going to do more research on him, if anyone else is interested: you have his name.

Edited by Dr_Acula, 28 September 2013 - 08:17 PM.


#97    Avallaine

Avallaine

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined:07 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 28 September 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

The key word there is "IF". Show me something substantially more than "IF" and you'll have something worth talking about.

I understand that you don't think it's worth talking about at this point; what I don't understand is why you're so hostile toward someone else talking about it.  What harm is their conversation doing to you?


#98    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,637 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostAvallaine, on 28 September 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

Does not being a fact mean we should never talk about them?

One can talk about what's possible all day long and never really get anywhere. Theoretical physicists do it all the time. But being possible does not necessarily make something probable nor likely, even if it's mentioned in print. And we're not really talking about what's possible, since these claims are in print and are not outside the scope of modern understanding, we're talking about what's probably or possibly likely. But without any actual evidence to support same then there's no reason to suggest the latter are indeed true. Which leaves us back at square one with nothing but a claim.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#99    Avallaine

Avallaine

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined:07 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 28 September 2013 - 08:26 PM, said:

One can talk about what's possible all day long and never really get anywhere....But without any actual evidence to support same then there's no reason to suggest the latter are indeed true. Which leaves us back at square one with nothing but a claim.

And if others happen to enjoy talking about mere claims, what is it to you?


#100    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,637 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

View PostAvallaine, on 28 September 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

And if others happen to enjoy talking about mere claims, what is it to you?

I could throw the opposite to you: If others happen to appreciate actual evidence of something being true over merely a claim of same, what is it to you?

Solely because something is mentioned in a book isn't a mystery. If that something was indeed true but unexpected, then that would be a mystery. I guess I just prefer my mysteries with a little more meat to them.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#101    sam12six

sam12six

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Georgia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostDr_Acula, on 28 September 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

I have presented historical records as a form of non-physical evidence.  Prove those records to be false and I will agree with you.  If you can't do that then where exactly is your argument?

He said you can't prove a negative. Your response was basically, "Oh yeah? Prove a negative." - really?



View PostDieChecker, on 28 September 2013 - 05:20 AM, said:

Here is one set of bones.
http://www.poweredby...f-grumbles.html
Posted Image

The claim is these are Native American bones dug up locally in Alabama. Some experts claim it is an actual Native American, and some say that the skeleton has some European features. It is still a mystery. Regardless the skeleton is about 7 feet tall. Make of it what you will.

http://www.roadsidea...a.com/tip/14314

If that's supposed to be some ancient skeleton, why did the guy die sitting on a barrel in a modern (if you consider the 1970s modern) building? Huh? Huh?


PS

If you insist on continuing to advertise your computer die thingys on this forum, I'll be forced to report you for spam.


#102    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

    Spartan Forever!!!!

  • Member
  • 3,734 posts
  • Joined:31 Mar 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abu Dhabi, UAE

  • Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

View Postsam12six, on 28 September 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

He said you can't prove a negative. Your response was basically, "Oh yeah? Prove a negative." - really?





If that's supposed to be some ancient skeleton, why did the guy die sitting on a barrel in a modern (if you consider the 1970s modern) building? Huh? Huh?


PS

If you insist on continuing to advertise your computer die thingys on this forum, I'll be forced to report you for spam.


DID you really read up on the Link provided in the stuff you  quoted off Diechecker???
The image is provided since is it relevant in the context of this thread.
So, when you are really into debating the subject matter, please do try to read what others are posting.

and if you  persist on being a troll, i would be forced to report you  and hound you to death in these forums.
Go figure!

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#103    Avallaine

Avallaine

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Joined:07 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Female

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 28 September 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

I could throw the opposite to you: If others happen to appreciate actual evidence of something being true over merely a claim of same, what is it to you?

I have no objection to it at all, of course.  Please feel free to appreciate all the evidence you like.  

...And now that I've answered your question, would you do me the courtesy of answering mine?

Quote

Solely because something is mentioned in a book isn't a mystery. If that something was indeed true but unexpected, then that would be a mystery. I guess I just prefer my mysteries with a little more meat to them.

There's nothing wrong with that.  It's a good thing to know one's own preferences.

But...if someone else would like to discuss a "less meaty" mystery, why can you not simply allow them to do it?  As long as they're not claiming it as irrefutable fact, I fail to see why you should object to it.


#104    sam12six

sam12six

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Georgia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 28 September 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

DID you really read up on the Link provided in the stuff you  quoted off Diechecker???
The image is provided since is it relevant in the context of this thread.
So, when you are really into debating the subject matter, please do try to read what others are posting.

and if you  persist on being a troll, i would be forced to report you  and hound you to death in these forums.
Go figure!

Umm, yeah, 'cause Diechecker's actually stupid enough to believe I suddenly decided to threaten him as a shill for intel after years of seeing that signature or that anyone actually came to the conclusion I posted. I've always scoffed at movie and TV characters like the title character from Bones who not only don't have a sense of humor, but can't identify an attempt at such (no matter how poor) because I thought there were no such people in real life. You learn something new every day...

There is a difference between trying to make a joke and trolling.


#105    Leonardo

Leonardo

    Awake

  • Member
  • 15,591 posts
  • Joined:20 Oct 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

  • Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

View PostDr_Acula, on 26 September 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Also in nearly every old county history book is the fact that several 7-8 foot skeletons were found within several different mounds from several different areas.  That tells me that logically - it actually happened.

You have said yourself that you are aware that history changes, so do any modern history books carry information regarding these giant skeletons and whether they exist in truth or only as a late 19th century 'urban legend'?

If modern history books do not relate these giant skeletons, then that tells you that logically - they never happened.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.





Also tagged with ancient, fossil, giant, giants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users