Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

15 Things You Won't Believe Exist In Nature

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,253 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

POPULAR

15 Things You Won't Believe Exist In Nature

Mother Nature is beautiful and amazing because we can see many amazing stuff like these 15 things that you won’t believe they actually exist. All these places are real. It is hard to believe in that, but that is true.

IMAGE based link

http://www.altering-...e-actually.html

taster, volcanic lightning

Posted Image

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,596 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

That is an awesome pic!

EDIT: As well as the others.

Edited by pallidin, 25 September 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#3    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,253 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postpallidin, on 25 September 2013 - 07:04 PM, said:

That is an awesome pic!

:tu:

Edited by seeder, 25 September 2013 - 07:11 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,253 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

This one reminds me of the Superman movie, a crystal cave, look how small the people are!! Amazing!!

Posted Image

#5    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,904 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Earth, you never fail to impress me. :tu:

#6    Moon Gazer

Moon Gazer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

• Stonewylde.... follow me to Stonewylde....

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Wow, amazing.  Thanks for sharing x

#7    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,509 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

Even though I have seen all of these so I do know they exist already... They never fail to stun me with their beauty. Well, cept for the spiderweb trees- those look far too much like tent worm trees I see around here, so that actually is kind of icky to me, lol.

Thanks for the awesome share seeder :tu:

#8    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,596 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, I wish I had the money and brave enough to explore some of those wonders.

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,253 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

So if anyone wonders where to go on holiday next year, then there are 15 suggestions! More stimulating than just toasting on a crowded beach some-place!!

#10    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,089 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

It might be useful to have more information on where these places are exactly and moreover, what they are exactly and what causes them.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#11    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,253 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 25 September 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

It might be useful to have more information on where these places are exactly and moreover, what they are exactly and what causes them.

Hmm Ok, well I think that...

3. Underground natural springs in Mexico. I reckon thats in Mexico
4. Giant crystal cave in Nacia, Mexico. Again I reckon thats in Mexico
5. Shimmering shores of Vaadhoo, Maldives. Well at a guess Id say that was in the maldives
6. Reflective salt flats in Bolivia. Erm, Bolivia?
7. Light pillars over Moscow. Not sure about that one, maybe Moscow?

etc etc.  :lol:

#12    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,089 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Postseeder, on 25 September 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Hmm Ok, well I think that...

3. Underground natural springs in Mexico. I reckon thats in Mexico
4. Giant crystal cave in Nacia, Mexico. Again I reckon thats in Mexico
5. Shimmering shores of Vaadhoo, Maldives. Well at a guess Id say that was in the maldives
6. Reflective salt flats in Bolivia. Erm, Bolivia?
7. Light pillars over Moscow. Not sure about that one, maybe Moscow?

etc etc.  :lol:
yes, thank you. I mean, some information about what caused them and how they came about and so on. Like those Light Pillars over Moscow, I guess that they're some form of Atmospheric phenomena like the northern Lights, but they don't really tell you very much about them.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#13    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 11,253 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostColonel Rhuairidh, on 25 September 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

yes, thank you. I mean, some information about what caused them and how they came about and so on. Like those Light Pillars over Moscow, I guess that they're some form of Atmospheric phenomena like the northern Lights, but they don't really tell you very much about them.

yeh yeh I know, thats whats good about googling, and in this instance.... the lights pillars over Moscow...

"These strange columns or pillars of light occur over and above bright city lights, and so likely involve ice crystals reflecting back those lights. The reason why these pillars fan out the way they do at the top is currently unknown for certain, it could possibly be upper atmospheric wind currents

http://www.moscowtop...postView&id=862

#14    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,894 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

Awesome.
Have seen a couple of these and was aware of most of them.
Sad to think that most people today are more aware of the concrete buildings around them than they are about the absolutely fascinating and wonders of what nature has to offer.
Just like many of the city children do not know what a proper tomato looks and tastes like and assumes they are all round, seedless and rubbery, I wonder how many are being taught that there is another world out there beyond the concrete towns.

Edited by freetoroam, 25 September 2013 - 08:26 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#15    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,509 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 25 September 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

Awesome.
Have seen a couple of these and was aware of most of them.
Sad to think that most people today are more aware of the concrete buildings around them than they are about the absolutely fascinating and wonders of what nature has to offer.
Just like many of the city children do not know what a proper tomato looks and tastes like and assumes they are all round, seedless and rubbery, I wonder how many are being taught that there is another world out there beyond the concrete towns.

Heh, I do pay attention to the boonies I live in, and it still blows my mind, sometimes in disbelief, at what is going on in nature around me.

But your post made me think about a teacher in high school that I attended in a city. One day in early autumn, he asked the class how many students could tell him what color the trees were today? He asked us to raise our hands if we saw that when he said green- the majority of the class raised their hands. He asked about red, yellow, orange, brown? More people raised their hands for each color asked in fewer amounts. I raised my hand every time and was the only one. After he was done asking and raising hands.. He pointed me out for raising my hand every time and asked my why I did that. I responded with some trees like oaks were still green, but other trees were turning the other colors like maples, some of the trees were always green like pines, and still some others had shed all their leaves, and all of them were brown on the ground. And various bushes were turning all sorts of colors too or not if they were evergreen.
He then went on to tell us we had to write a paper- about paying attention to the world around us. Everyone had to look around them for the rest of the week, then write a paper about what they saw. He exempted me from the paper, giving me an automatic A because I was the only one who apparently already was paying attention to the world around me.

And heh, tomatoes- I got to finally pick a glorious golden orange tomato off one of my plants today that was a late grower. It was grocery store perfect- cept for the deep ribbing in the top and lopsided bottom. It was delicious- cept for the fact that it actually tasted like a tomato. And it was a proper grown fruit- cept for it was grown in horse poo and leaf litter with zero chemicals. Hehehe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users