Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia, China Hold Large-War Games

Drayno

http://freebeacon.co...cale-war-games/

Pentagon intelligence agencies are closely watching Russian and Chinese war games now taking place in Europe and Asia involving tens of thousands of troops.

Meanwhile, NATO military forces are set to conduct large-scale maneuvers in November that will be designed to counter growing concerns of a westward Russian military encroachment, according to U.S. officials.

“The Russians are moving forces closer to Europe, and that is troubling,” said a military official.

Edited by Hatake Kakashi

It's that time of year for large formation exercises, always has been. Seeing the old BRD and DDR in September/October every year before the end you would have though WWIII was happening. That report is not to be taken seriously, it is full of the most ridiculous alarmism and reporting things as just happening, that have not changed for years. The radar and communication systems, which are truely enormous, have been in Belarus since Soviet times, not last week :)

A few years back the IDF were in Russia holding joint exercises, what is meant to be made of that? A joint Russian/Israeli attempt at world domination :)

Edited by Kaa-Tzik

It's that time of year for large formation exercises, always has been. Seeing the old BRD and DDR in September/October every year before the end you would have though WWIII was happening. That report is not to be taken seriously, it is full of the most ridiculous alarmism and reporting things as just happening, that have not changed for years. The radar and communication systems, which are truely enormous, have been in Belarus since Soviet times, not last week :)

A few years back the IDF were in Russia holding joint exercises, what is meant to be made of that? A joint Russian/Israeli attempt at world domination :)

Autumn was always my favorite time for manuevers... Not too cool, not too hot, less rain than in the Spring, and local kids back in school and not walking through our perimeter...

Maybe the Joint IDF- Russian exercises were an attempt to seize the worlds supply of borscht and blintzes....

• Like 1

Autumn was always my favorite time for manuevers... Not too cool, not too hot, less rain than in the Spring, and local kids back in school and not walking through our perimeter...

Maybe the Joint IDF- Russian exercises were an attempt to seize the worlds supply of borscht and blintzes....

Shhhhh :)

In both parts of Germany, back in the days, and other areas, some roads are lined with apple trees. The reason supossedly being that as wars often seem to start in the Autumn, there will be apples along the roads for the soldiers. I cannot find out if there is any truth to this.

Something to add on the OP as well. It is good for big exercised to be against another coutries troops, as they work differently and will give the troops an added element to the exercise. Warsaw Pact and NATO "fought" each others units in the big Autumn exercises. I think usually the British would "fight" the Americans. And I heard that the Americans may have fought the British to get their highly desirable ration packs, oh yes...

Edited by Kaa-Tzik
  • Like 1

I never agressed (been in maneuvers against) the Brits or Aussies... I've had them on my side before but never against...

I have agressed against the German's (pre-unification Bundeswere), French and a couple others... The German's were the toughest - though they did tend to complain a bit against our

Commanders "Cowboy tactics" (i.e. his plans worked and we kicked their butts :D )...

• Like 1

I never agressed (been in maneuvers against) the Brits or Aussies... I've had them on my side before but never against...

I have agressed against the German's (pre-unification Bundeswere), French and a couple others... The German's were the toughest - though they did tend to complain a bit against our

Commanders "Cowboy tactics" (i.e. his plans worked and we kicked their butts :D )...

When they were not combing their long hair or trying to put their hairnets on :)

Though the NVA were good, too good for the cannon fodder they would be used as. Well, they all lived to be grandads, and that's good.