Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

How to Avoid Being Secretly Poisoned by MSG

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

MSG is a neurotoxin that is used as a food additive. It is toxic, inflammatory and causes or contributes to many diseases. It must be eliminated from your diet but avoiding it may not be as easy as you think. Here is what you need to know to avoid it and reverse its damaging effects.

http://blogs.natural...oisoned-by-msg/

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 4,534 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

Another pointless thread by bbv based off an article written by a dimwit for dimwits.

I had some acquaintances who swore that they had averse affects from MSG until they learned that their favorite organic soy was rich in MSG. Their symptoms magically vanished with education.

No more doofus threads please.

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,534 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

My wife once read about how bad MSG is supposed to be, and in a fit of foolishness tried to banish it from our kitchen.  This is an Asian kitchen you are talking about.  The cook threatened to quit saying she didn't know how to cook without it and wouldn't even try.  I told her I would buy it on the sly and sneak it in.

After about a month I found some stuff about how stupid the fear is in the newspaper and put it on my wife's bathroom door.  She never said a word but stopped asking about it and we were able to put it back on the food list.

One should be aware that it is mostly salt, so watch it just as you do salt if you are salt-intolerant.

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,312 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Less toxic than salt.

But water is toxic too, please eliminate that from your diet.

#5    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,534 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

Yea -- in the States there is "Lite" salt (a mix of potassium chloride and sodium chloride) while in Asia there is MSG (Glutamic acid and sodium chloride).  Both are used to get the saltiness of salt with about half the sodium -- although in my opinion neither is really as good as full salt -- they both have a slightly metallic aftertaste, but some people prefer that.

#6    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Dr. Brent Hunter:

I am a Chiropractic physician with a focus on delivering the principles of a wellness lifestyle to people of all ages.

So you take nutritional care advice from a chiropractor?

What next?

Your nuclear physics from your local mailman/woman?

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#7    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

There are different MSGs. The ones in soy foods are naturally occurring, and don't cause ill affects.
Then there's pure chemical msg. They are the ones that cause issues, and the ones being noted here.
Know your MSGs before you blather on.
Just sayin

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 29 September 2013 - 09:26 AM.

Miss me?

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

The Japanese tend to cook with natural msg.
the Chinese use the chemical kind.
The chemical kind is also in most processed foods.
Duh

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umami

http://glutamate.com...-occurring-msg/

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 29 September 2013 - 09:24 AM.

Miss me?

#9    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

http://www.truthinla...nufactured.html

Oh look, it's made with GMOs.
Dddduuuhhhhhhh again

~~~~~

Today, the glutamic acid component of the food additive "monosodium glutamate" is generally made by bacterial or microbial fermentation wherein bacteria used are often, if not always, genetically engineered. In this method, bacteria are grown aerobically in a liquid nutrient medium. The bacteria have the ability to excrete glutamic acid they synthesize outside of their cell membrane into the liquid nutrient medium in which they are grown. The glutamic acid is then separated from the fermentation broth by filtration, concentration, acidification, and crystallization, and, through the addition of sodium, converted to its monosodium salt. 

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 29 September 2013 - 09:31 AM.

Miss me?

#10    Obviousman

Obviousman

Spaced out and plane crazy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

• "Truth needs no defence. Nobody - NOBODY - can ever take the footsteps I made on the surface of the Moon away from me."
    Gene Cernan, Apollo 17

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

I'd be cautious of any dealings with a chiropractor:

Chiropractor breaks baby's neck

http://www.smh.com.a...0928-2ul6e.html

#11    david icke is right

david icke is right

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

View Poststereologist, on 29 September 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

Another pointless thread by bbv based off an article written by a dimwit for dimwits.

I had some acquaintances who swore that they had averse affects from MSG until they learned that their favorite organic soy was rich in MSG. Their symptoms magically vanished with education.

No more doofus threads please.

I say more doofus threads.

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,958 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 29 September 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

There are different MSGs. The ones in soy foods are naturally occurring, and don't cause ill affects.
Then there's pure chemical msg. They are the ones that cause issues, and the ones being noted here.
Just sayin

Can you post some sources on this because I think you're confusing MSG with naturally occurring glutamates.  

MSG doesn't naturally occur in anything.  MSG is a food additive that is man-made through a various natural processes.  The most common of which is through fermentation - much like yogurt.

It has been used for more than a century and, like anything, is only harmful in doses many times higher than typical consumption levels.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#13    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 4,534 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 29 September 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Just sayin

Are you trying to tell us that MSG is a set of chemicals?

It's a single chemical, not a family. Please know this before you blather on.

#14    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 4,534 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 29 September 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

The Japanese tend to cook with natural msg.
the Chinese use the chemical kind.
The chemical kind is also in most processed foods.
Duh

http://www.rense.com/general52/msg.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umami

http://glutamate.com...-occurring-msg/

There are people that have the wacko idea that a chemical produced in nature is different than a chemical produced in the lab. That is the nonsense my acquaintances were under. A chemical is a chemical.

You should know that, or maybe you need to learn that.

What kiddy wrote that rense article? The wiki article points out the absurdity of the claims in the rense kiddy article. The third article was pointless.

#15    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 4,534 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 29 September 2013 - 09:30 AM, said:

http://www.truthinla...nufactured.html

Oh look, it's made with GMOs.
Dddduuuhhhhhhh again

~~~~~

Today, the glutamic acid component of the food additive "monosodium glutamate" is generally made by bacterial or microbial fermentation wherein bacteria used are often, if not always, genetically engineered. In this method, bacteria are grown aerobically in a liquid nutrient medium. The bacteria have the ability to excrete glutamic acid they synthesize outside of their cell membrane into the liquid nutrient medium in which they are grown. The glutamic acid is then separated from the fermentation broth by filtration, concentration, acidification, and crystallization, and, through the addition of sodium, converted to its monosodium salt.

Thanks for showing us that you are doing nothing but fear mongering and ascribing to the wacko notion that there is something different about chemicals made by nature and those made in the lab. A chemical is a chemical.

About all you've showed is that if very high levels are given to rats at a very young age there are developmental problems for the rats. We also know that is salts are given in very high levels to avians at a young age it actually alters the physical structure of the intestine. There are biological responses to high levels of anything.

Keep saying Dddduuuhhhhhhh. It suggests a low brow below average post.

Edited by stereologist, 29 September 2013 - 02:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users