Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Western diet link to ADHD

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

A new study from Perth's Telethon Institute for Child Health Research shows an association between ADHD and a 'Western-style' diet in adolescents.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news199613918.html#jCp

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    longhairlover

longhairlover

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

I myself was a 'Feingold Kid.'  I was extremely hyperactive as a child.  My parents saw something about the Feingold Diet on television, and they tried the diet on me.  It worked very quickly, and I calmed down and started sleeping through the night.  Dr. Ben Feingold observed that people who were sensitive to aspirin also had hyperactivity during their reactions to aspirin.  He noticed the same kind of hyperactivity in hyperactive children, and connected it to naturally occurring salicylates in fruits and vegetables.  The Feingold Diet tests your reactions to various fruits and vegetables, along with artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, and other chemicals in foods, and also wheat and dairy.  This diet is still being used today.  I'm not formally on it anymore myself, but I still avoid overdosing on candy.  There's an enzyme called phenol sulfotransferase which some people cannot produce enough of, and when they eat certain foods, their bodies react with a variety of symptoms, including (but not limited to) hyperactivity and ADHD.

Edited by longhairlover, 23 October 2013 - 03:36 AM.

#3    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Fascinating...I expect that we'll start to see more links between our "western" diet and common diseases we are seeing are on the rise. I like to think of my generation (born in the early 80's and up,) as the "guinea pig" generation. How many thousands of medications, additives and hormones and now, arguably, GMO products have we been exposed to that lack long-term studies? We are the long-term study...kind of a "put it on the market first and see what sticks" kind of mentality. Very dangerous, very scary.

“These International bankers and Rockefeller-Standard Oil interests control the majority of newspapers and the columns of these newspapers to club into submission or drive out of public office officials who refuse to do the bidding of the powerful corrupt cliques which compose the invisible government.”

- Roosevelt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users