Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * - - 2 votes

Alien stories never debunked


  • Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#1    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2013
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:in between

  • The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

Is there any genuine , good alien / ufo stories which were not yet debunked. I'd love to read some new documentation and filter through a tons of garbage made up stories existent.
Thank

Edited by qxcontinuum, 27 September 2013 - 12:34 PM.


#2    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 11,656 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 27 September 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Is there any genuine , good alien / ufo stories which were not yet debunked. I'd love to read some new documentation and filter through a tons of garbage made up stories existent.
Thank

YOU can research this one if you like, have fun!

Kelly Hopkinsville Encounter, 1955



Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#3    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AREA 69

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:45 PM

View Postseeder, on 27 September 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

YOU can research this one if you like, have fun!

Kelly Hopkinsville Encounter, 1955



i thought that was debunked as a combination of nightowl / escaped monkey sighting combined with bad bad moonshine....but who knows??? (diabolical laughter)


#4    DBunker

DBunker

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,486 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

The problem is how to debunk a story.... how do we do that?

No.... that is why we need hard evidence.... so we dont need to believe it or not.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#5    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 11,656 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 27 September 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

i thought that was debunked as a combination of nightowl / escaped monkey sighting combined with bad bad moonshine....but who knows??? (diabolical laughter)

Dang! My intention was to keep the OP busy reading for himself and learning, rather than supply him with answers that can be found as easily as asking the questions!!

Burt seeing as its in the open now, heres a sneak peak of a debunk

"Anyway, put your mind to rest: something happened to the Suttons, but it wasn’t an alien invasion. Over the course of the investigation, the posse found the Sutton’s neighbor, who reported hearing 4 gun shots that he had thought were firecrackers. Sutton’s claim of expending almost a battalion’s worth of bullets seems either exaggeration or pure fiction in the face of this. If a brutal all-out trench battle against aliens was going on, the neighbors would have reported it, especially if it went on for 4 hours. This is rural Kentucky, not modern West Philadelphia; hours of constant gunfire would have been considered a little odd.

Add to this the fact that the investigators found a hole in the screen where the first shot was fired at a Little Man and recall that shotguns don’t leave little holes. The screen, the windowframe, a portion of the wall, and the Little Man’s head should have been lying in pieces in the yard, yet there was only a small hole in the screen. Perhaps, in fact, the opening shot was fired from the .22 pistol. This makes the alien’s invincibility substantially less impressive: a good flannel shirt is thick enough armor to stop a .22 caliber bullet. The only thing one of those would stop is a rat.

http://www.theironsk...ins/goblins.htm

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#6    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AREA 69

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Postseeder, on 27 September 2013 - 12:53 PM, said:

Dang! My intention was to keep the OP busy reading for himself and learning, rather than supply him with answers that can be found as easily as asking the questions!!

Burt seeing as its in the open now, heres a sneak peak of a debunk

"Anyway, put your mind to rest: something happened to the Suttons, but it wasn’t an alien invasion. Over the course of the investigation, the posse found the Sutton’s neighbor, who reported hearing 4 gun shots that he had thought were firecrackers. Sutton’s claim of expending almost a battalion’s worth of bullets seems either exaggeration or pure fiction in the face of this. If a brutal all-out trench battle against aliens was going on, the neighbors would have reported it, especially if it went on for 4 hours. This is rural Kentucky, not modern West Philadelphia; hours of constant gunfire would have been considered a little odd.

Add to this the fact that the investigators found a hole in the screen where the first shot was fired at a Little Man and recall that shotguns don’t leave little holes. The screen, the windowframe, a portion of the wall, and the Little Man’s head should have been lying in pieces in the yard, yet there was only a small hole in the screen. Perhaps, in fact, the opening shot was fired from the .22 pistol. This makes the alien’s invincibility substantially less impressive: a good flannel shirt is thick enough armor to stop a .22 caliber bullet. The only thing one of those would stop is a rat.

http://www.theironsk...ins/goblins.htm

sorry man, i didn't wanna ruin the homework you gave!!! ;) but seriously, is there ANY encounter that didn't turn out as exaggeration, CGI or self-made alien puppet?

nothing that kept me excited for more than a day....


#7    DBunker

DBunker

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,486 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 27 September 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

sorry man, i didn't wanna ruin the homework you gave!!! ;) but seriously, is there ANY encounter that didn't turn out as exaggeration, CGI or self-made alien puppet?

nothing that kept me excited for more than a day....

What about the WOW signal? The jury is still out on that one, right?

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#8    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AREA 69

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

what about the "Caponi alien"??

Posted Image

according to the internet, everything is possible between "made out of bread dough" and "genuine ET"....

View PostDBunker, on 27 September 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

What about the WOW signal? The jury is still out on that one, right?

that's the best we have, eh... ?

Edited by Jacques Terreur, 27 September 2013 - 01:12 PM.


#9    ambelamba

ambelamba

    Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

  • Member
  • 3,559 posts
  • Joined:26 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Entertainment Capital of the World

  • It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 27 September 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

what about the "Caponi alien"??

Posted Image

according to the internet, everything is possible between "made out of bread dough" and "genuine ET"....



that's the best we have, eh... ?

YUM?

EDIT: Not me, but somebody out there will find this poor fella very tasty. And they can be from anywhere in the globe.

Edited by ambelamba, 27 September 2013 - 01:20 PM.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#10    seeder

seeder

    Nut Cracker

  • Member
  • 11,656 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK. There if you need me

  • Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 27 September 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

sorry man, i didn't wanna ruin the homework you gave!!! ;) but seriously, is there ANY encounter that didn't turn out as exaggeration, CGI or self-made alien puppet?

nothing that kept me excited for more than a day....

ha no worries!! As Debunker pointed out, we have 'stories' and no matter how convincing they may seem or how compelling, or how hard to understand or debunk...well its mostly just someone's testimony/story at the end of the day isn't it?

If you think like this, that we, as early space explorers, well we haven't done much to be fair, but as time goes by, and if we do get into deep space and find life, would we wait till darkness, while sitting in orbit, with our super scopes zeroed in on someone's house in the sticks, then come down at a reasonably late hour, and fool about with the locals?

Would we, as human explorers - have any reason to do that? NO! Like we wouldn't have the need to abduct someone and do tests, or chop animals up when we can get all the dna profiles from a sample of hair/saliva or similar non intrusive procedures.

If we found life, would we be cloak and dagger about it? or would we, most likely, attempt to make our presence known by landing and saying hi? If we could that is.

Why should an alien species be any different? And for them to come here, they'd be far to advanced to worry about us puny humans being a problem for them, so they'd have no NEED to hide in the dark and run away each time they saw a human!

really, the tales of aliens lurking in the dark and looking thru windows is just a modern day spooky story. And stories, spooky ones especially, have been around as long as man had the desire to spook or fool - another man


IMHO that is



.


.

Edited by seeder, 27 September 2013 - 01:18 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#11    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AREA 69

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

View Postseeder, on 27 September 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:


really, the tales of aliens lurking in the dark and looking thru windows is just a modern day spooky story. And stories, spooky ones especially, have been around as long as man had the desire to spook  another man

that's the most sane thing i've read here in WEEKS! :tu:


#12    ambelamba

ambelamba

    Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

  • Member
  • 3,559 posts
  • Joined:26 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Entertainment Capital of the World

  • It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Am I the only guy who wish that our first contact should look like they are straight out of some British board game? :D

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#13    DBunker

DBunker

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,486 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 27 September 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

that's the best we have, eh... ?

I know its not much.... but in this field I think its at least as good as the rest, where most is PURE AND UTTER NONSENSE.

Edited by DBunker, 27 September 2013 - 01:48 PM.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#14    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts
  • Joined:07 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:AREA 69

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

View Postambelamba, on 27 September 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

Am I the only guy who wish that our first contact should look like they are straight out of some British board game? :D

who knows...but you're surely the only one who knows what you mean with that! ;)


#15    ambelamba

ambelamba

    Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

  • Member
  • 3,559 posts
  • Joined:26 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Entertainment Capital of the World

  • It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostJacques Terreur, on 27 September 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

who knows...but you're surely the only one who knows what you mean with that! ;)

Google Ultramarines. :)

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users