Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Investigations for a Mars 2020 Rover

mars rover mars 2020 rover nasa

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,095 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

NASA Wants Investigations for a Mars 2020 Rover

www.nasa.gov said:

NASA has released its announcement of an open competition for the planetary community to submit proposals for the science and exploration technology instruments that would be carried aboard the agency's next Mars rover, scheduled for launch in July/August of 2020.

The Mars 2020 rover will explore and assess Mars as a potential habitat for life, search for signs of past life, collect carefully selected samples for possible future return to Earth, and demonstrate technology for future human exploration of the Red Planet.

Posted Image Read more...

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,441 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

I am sure for a % of $130 million, i can come up with something.
Will this be open to the `students` too?

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 31,095 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 28 September 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

I am sure for a % of $130 million, i can come up with something.
Will this be open to the `students` too?

I'm sure you could come up with something. I'm absolutely positive that it would not be something that could survive the rigors of a launch, several months in deep space, survive re-entry and landing and still provide useful scientific results from the hostile surface of an alien planet.

Open to students? No, this is for people that REALLY know what they are talking about.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

Also tagged with mars, rover, mars 2020 rover, nasa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users