Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One possibility for Book of Revelation

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    ambelamba

ambelamba

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

I started to wonder if John of Patmos indeed saw a vision of future.

Except that the visions were not about one single continuous event. I wonder if he saw bunch of different visions about vastly different time periods and thought that they were all connected together, and he was wrong. What he saw were a bunch of non-related future events that just poured into his feeble brain like metaphysical buckcake. (hahaha)

#2    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

Or perhaps he was merely a religious zealot and full of delirium dreams caused by fasting and flagellation??

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#3    Ogbin

Ogbin

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

• God Bless Israel

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Ambelamba,

Revelation 1:3  "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,566 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

View PostOgbin, on 28 September 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Ambelamba,

Revelation 1:3  "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."
Someone can quote verses.

#5    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 15,171 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostOgbin, on 28 September 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

Ambelamba,

Well the time that was at hand has been at hand for a fair while now.
Is it more at hand today then it was when John wrote what he did?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#6    Copen

Copen

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

Revelation is very orderly and understandable. "For the time is at hand..." is later broken down into 3 eras given Rev. 1:19: (1) write the things thou has seen concerning the events up to that time which he did when he wrote Rev. 12; (2) write things that presently are concerning the 7 churches and God's message to them; and (3) the things that shall be hereafter, which is end time prophecy.

Every time the angel said to John, come up here - - it was like climbing to the top of a hill or mountain to see what was happening on the other side. Every time John went up to heaven he could see the events that were going to happen in the future.
God bless.

#7    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,323 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Mushroom soup :rolleyes: .

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#8    Ogbin

Ogbin

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

• God Bless Israel

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Sir Wearer of Hats,

Yes I do believe that the time is at hand, more now than when John wrote the book Revelation. Since the death, resurrection and ascension of Christ Jesus, every generation has said Christ is going to return in their time. However this generation is seeing all the signs happening at once, unlike all the other generations before it. The book of Daniel and the book of Revelation are now being understood for the first time since they were written. The state of mind towards Israel is getting worse. Nations and peoples that were written about thousands of years ago are seen today aligning themselves against Israel just as written. And the fact that Israel is a nation once again after two thousands years is just amazing, in fact it's a Miricle.

edit: The reason for prophey is this,  John 14:29  "And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe."

edit: spelling

Edited by Ogbin, 30 September 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#9    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

And the fact that Israel is a nation once again after two thousands years is just amazing, in fact it's a Miricle.

A miracle?  Not so much.  More like a mandate from the United Nations in 1948

http://www.theocracy...srael_forms.htm

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#10    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostJMPD1, on 01 October 2013 - 02:46 AM, said:

A miracle?  Not so much.  More like a mandate from the United Nations in 1948

http://www.theocracy...srael_forms.htm
People do manage to make events fit whatever fantasy they have in front of them if they want to.

#11    ambelamba

ambelamba

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:35 AM

View PostCopen, on 30 September 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

Revelation is very orderly and understandable. "For the time is at hand..." is later broken down into 3 eras given Rev. 1:19: (1) write the things thou has seen concerning the events up to that time which he did when he wrote Rev. 12; (2) write things that presently are concerning the 7 churches and God's message to them; and (3) the things that shall be hereafter, which is end time prophecy.

-snip. sorry.-

Are you suuuuure? Seriously, have to tried to visualize every single verses in the Revelation and connect them altogether? To me, the later part of the document looks really, really incoherent.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 17,137 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

Revelations seem to me an example (there was a lot of stuff like this written back then) of the ancient world's example of fantasy literature.  As I understand it the author's purpose was a veiled attack on the Roman Empire and has nothing to do with us.

#13    ambelamba

ambelamba

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,568 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 01 October 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

Revelations seem to me an example (there was a lot of stuff like this written back then) of the ancient world's example of fantasy literature.  As I understand it the author's purpose was a veiled attack on the Roman Empire and has nothing to do with us.

That's the textbook answer and I don't dispute it. What I am really wondering is what kind of chemicals motivate this John of Patmos character. Or did he even visit Patmos at all?

#14    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 7,762 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Revelations makes perfect sense.... assuming you have eaten mushrooms.

I have seen things..... :mellow:

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#15    Lion of Judah

Lion of Judah

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

You fail to realise that it was the Angels who were showing him the visions which are coming to past in our time and are now in rev. 5 or 6 where it says the 4 horsmen released from hell and the souls dressed in white are under the alter waiting for the second coming

Posted Image
I'm a lover fighter wonderer and champion of darkness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users