Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jerk Saw Siege: most unholy name

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Peter Fotis Kapnistos: In medieval traditions, the Black Mass was first known through parodies, called Feasts of Asses, to ridicule a custom of religious festivities with a reverse reading of biblical scriptures (spoken, not spelled). According to the Old and Middle English articulations of the Bible, “Jesus Christ” pronounced backwards is:  Ts’ierk sah-syge. Psychologists have observed that elements of reverse speech may sometimes become subconscious expressions. The reverse of Jesus Christ (and other accepted names) may somehow affect individuals, whether they understand it or not.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

What??  :blink:

I'm so lost... I thought this was about words/names being used backwards, but then it ended up about food and somehow vegetarianism.  And I still don't understand the point, there is no thesis.  It's random mish mash slapped together.  I'm not sure what I read but now, I know that Hitler ate sausage.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#3    MacsMom

MacsMom

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

• Random crap that no one reads anyway

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

I agree.  I have no idea what the point of the article is.

Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along.  Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder where those years have gone?

#4    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

View PostMacsMom, on 01 October 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

I agree.  I have no idea what the point of the article is.

I'm glad you agree, I read it three times thinking I must have missed something but, no, it's just badly written.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#5    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Brain says, 'Noooo. Does not compute. System overload.'

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#6    pallidin

pallidin

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,093 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:44 AM

Agreed. No disrespect to the author, but the article is so disconnected I had to stop reading for the sake of my own sanity,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users