Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Woman files complaint after ‘ghost’ dupes her

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,026 posts

• My youtube channel, Has horror stories and skits.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCreepyCorridor

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

Superstition got the better of a 37-year-old woman after her husband kicked her out, telling her to return only after she got back the cash and gold she gave her tenant who told her a ghost would double the money.

R Neela, a resident of Girinagar, has filed a complaint with police claiming that her tenant had duped her of Rs15 lakh in cash and 1 kg gold. "She told me her cousin had passed away and his ghost had entered her husband's body. She said the ghost needed money and it would return at least double the amount," she said.

http://www.mumbaimir...ow/23235172.cms

Edited by Saru, 29 September 2013 - 06:17 PM.
Reduced copied text, added quote box

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route and find out what really happened.

#2    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,011 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Sigh... I feel bad for her I do, but why on Earth would she believe such a story? Why would a ghost need cold, hard cash and jewelry? They would fall right through to the floor.

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 9,884 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:47 PM

We would not have so many con artists if it were not for gullible people like this woman. Unfortunately there is always someone about to keep the likes of sujatha in business, they never have to look too far.

#4    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

View PostEver After, on 29 September 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

Sigh... I feel bad for her I do, but why on Earth would she believe such a story? Why would a ghost need cold, hard cash and jewelry? They would fall right through to the floor.

Through the floor? Explain please.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#5    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,011 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostDBunker, on 29 September 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Through the floor? Explain please.

Ghosts are made up of weird, foggy material that easily evaporates. They're not solid so they couldn't carry money nor wear jewelry. It's a well known fact.

You're welcome.

#6    glorybebe

glorybebe

Omnipotent Entity

• 8,893 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostEver After, on 29 September 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Ghosts are made up of weird, foggy material that easily evaporates. They're not solid so they couldn't carry money nor wear jewelry. It's a well known fact.

You're welcome.

Aahhh....but the ghost had entered the husband and through it's controlling of that body would be able to invest the money.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#7    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Wow, I've never in my life believed a ghost would return my money.

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 9,884 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

View PostEver After, on 29 September 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

You're welcome.
What about the clothes they wear, is that weird foggy material too? sort of like cheap Chinese tat?
No money with ghosts? so they do not have banks then?

#9    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

lol! This woman deserves every bit of what she is receiving after being duped for so long! 7 YEARS?! Really?! On the other hand, what type of husband wouldn't notice all this cash and jewelry disappearing over a course of 7 years? Seems to me justice or KARMA has played itself out perfectly, and each party is receiving their just rewards lol.

#10    Tarnibritan

Tarnibritan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• No rest for the wicked

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Wow! I am really surprised someone could be duped so eaily over such a long amount of time over something so ridiculous?? A ghost?? Hmm our world keep getting weirder..

#11    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 9,884 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

View PostTarnibritan, on 01 October 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Wow! I am really surprised someone could be duped so eaily over such a long amount of time over something so ridiculous?? A ghost?? Hmm our world keep getting weirder..
Our world has always been weird. People getting duped is not new or rare, its just you would think people were more astute today, but agaaaaiin, their need for some kind of reasurrance/hope/ and praying there is something out there , will always make them gullible.

#12    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

Sounds like we found a poster child for critical thinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users