Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Did We Catch An Actual Spirit On Film?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

Dynamic Interactions Coordinator Of Paradoxes.

• 3,090 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

I’ve been on a lot of investigations with the Garden State Ghost Hunters. We’ve gotten a lot of audio clips, plenty of strange things in pictures, but videos are the “holy grail” of paranormal investigating. And just recently we got one that we simply can not explain.

Here’s the set up – we were asked to join in with local paranormal group, “Behind the Wall Paranormal” to investigate a local Ocean County property (sorry, but I have to be a bit vague to protect the owner’s privacy).

(Please note that this is a news article, I am the OP but am NOT the owner nor believe this is real, click link then watch the vid)

http://wobm.com/did-...atch-now-video/

Edited by Saru, 29 September 2013 - 06:17 PM.
Reduced copied text, added quote box

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#2    ShadowBoy86x

ShadowBoy86x

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

Watched it like 6 times, creepy as hell, once you get a good look, you really get the chills going. I kept getting this feeling that it was gunna show its self if I just kept playing it.........

Good video, finger crossed something paranormal happens around me, but how would I really take it? Im thinking urination and a female scream lol

#3    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

I don't see the white blob, pointed out in the "after comparison" shot, appear in the video.

I watched the video while looking at the "after" shot for comparison and never saw it.

What time do you see it in the video?

Edited by QuiteContrary, 29 September 2013 - 06:56 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#4    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,090 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

I can tell you all, what it is but you have to guess. Or just ask me.

It is easier to claim it is paranormal than taking the hard route to find out what really happened.

#5    DecoNoir

DecoNoir

The Entertainer

• 2,784 posts

• ... The Aristocrats.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Peeping tom?

I reject your reality, and substitute my own! Mostly because yours is boring as hell.

#6    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

What it is? Hell, What is it?

#7    Brian Topp

Brian Topp

• 3,090 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

On the right frame you see the guy standing still, he starts to lean over, what are we seeing is either his reflection OR a light source, like a car or a flash light.

#8    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

I must admit , I didn't watch the vid yet.  Just wondering what it is before I waste more minutes of my life that I can't get back.

#9    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

Yeah it looks like a reflection from whoever is standing on that side of the camera.

#10    Fat Cat

Fat Cat

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

Yep, it looks like a reflection.  Pretty obvious.

#11    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Lost Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

Yes I do believe they have caught the ghost spirit on film !

Scary story about being scratched at 5 AM. Real demon attack story!
https://www.youtube....h?v=_Kzw8RRFsMQ

My collection of true and fiction ghost and ouija stories, horror movie reviews etc.
http://ouijaghosts.blogspot.com/

#12    Kipperphoenix

Kipperphoenix

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:35 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 29 September 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

On the right frame you see the guy standing still, he starts to lean over, what are we seeing is either his reflection OR a light source, like a car or a flash light.
I don't see how it could be a reflection since there's no window or glass in the video. In the article, the author says that the camera is pointed to a wall where the sheet rock had been removed, and the wooden beams are exposed.

As for what I think, I do admit that the video is intrigue, but I'm just not sure if it's real. This could easily be one of the investigators either stepping slightly into view or they're moving something into view (like a sheet or something like that).

#13    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

Looks to me like there was just a light source off camera that one of them was blocking with his body. You can see his shadows moving in that spot throughout the video, and the wall only lights up when they move to get out of there.

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

#14    beelzebufo

beelzebufo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostBrian Topp, on 29 September 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

Aw, when I made my post I hadn't realized you basically already said the same thing.

I don't have any academic background or qualification or life.
However, I can absorb all substances into the body from my eyes.

#15    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

I see "it" now.

Why would you leave if you are indeed investigating?
Isn't this stuff they experienced what they'd expect to experience- voices, uneasiness, feeling of being touched, etc? (I gather they didn't see the white "thing" until they viewed the footage later?)
What do they think will happen to them if they stay?

Wouldn't you go back after viewing the footage if you were so sure you caught "something" paranormal and expand your investigation?
Or, if  claiming your team does look for non-paranormal explanations, go back and figure out if you could recreate the footage of the white "thing" --before posting it somewhere? (And include all your findings when you reveal your footage)
This is part of what makes this stuff suspect, imo, when they seem more instigators than investigators.

I can understand fear, believe me, and we all have different thresholds. However, if you are an investigative team wouldn't it be beneficial to an investigation to have at least one or two members who aren't wired to run or never return when things like this happen?

Edited by QuiteContrary, 30 September 2013 - 05:07 AM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users