Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Fluoride in water conspiracy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#121    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,424 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

One of the question that should be in everyone's mind is why the water supply?

1. The water supply is already being "medicated" with chlorine
2. It gets to everyone especially those less able to get adequate medical and dental care
3. It is inexpensive

Is anyone there demanding that the water supply be free of chlorine? It can combine with organic molecules to produce toxic materials that can lead to cancer and neurotoxins. I am a little astonished at the lack of people upset at chlorination of water.

It is clear that fluorine compounds prevent caries. There are flawed studies that have been published that suggest fluorine compounds in the water supply is ineffective. You can find these flawed studies on any number of wacky agenda sites. They don't publish the studies showing the flaws though.

Adding fluorine compounds to water is cheap. It costs pennies a month per person. It reaches people that are unable to obtain adequate medical and dental care. It certainly is not a replacement for dental care, but it is effective in preventing caries.

#122    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,424 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:40 AM

The next question is about safety. As with all things too much is not a good idea. Excess water can kill as was pointed out earlier. What about fluorine compounds? They are no different. Too much is bad.

Because fluorine compounds are effective they have been added to toothpaste and other products. This leaves the predicament of how to balance the water distributed compounds so that the general population is not confront with too much fluorine. There has to be a balancing act with the minimal threshold that is effective, the level at which benefits are reached, the seasonal changes in water consumption, the amount of fluorine in products people use.

This is where groups such as the EPA come in. There are many ideas on adjusting fluorine compound concentrations so that the compounds are effective without having any of the adverse effects. Not everyone is in agreement. If it were simple then there might be agreement, but the issue is not simple.

A complication is that fluorine occurs naturally in water supplies. That is  how the benefit of fluorine in water was discovered in the first place. It takes only a short while at one of the agenda sites to realize that China has many places with high fluorine concentrations in the water supply. The ground water is high in fluorine in those areas. That makes some of these places valuable study areas.

#123    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,551 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

View Poststereologist, on 02 October 2013 - 02:54 AM, said:

Instead of copy and paste consider reading and presenting the information at other sites. That way you won't look like a kiddie that can't think for themselves.

Hu? Its a fact that instead of spending a fortune to dispose of this toxic waste, they instead get paid to dump it in our water. How does pointing out this fact me I cant think for myself?

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#124    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,424 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 02 October 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Hu? Its a fact that instead of spending a fortune to dispose of this toxic waste, they instead get paid to dump it in our water. How does pointing out this fact me I cant think for myself?

Sorry, not a fact. Which wacko agenda site did you get this misinformation from?

#125    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,551 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

View Poststereologist, on 02 October 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Sorry, not a fact. Which wacko agenda site did you get this misinformation from?

Let me ask you something. If I were to prove it to you, would it make any difference to you?

#126    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,424 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 02 October 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

Let me ask you something. If I were to prove it to you, would it make any difference to you?

Which wacko agenda site did you get this misinformation from?

#127    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,551 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yeah, thinking about it, if you are not smart enough to realise that properly disposing of toxic waste cost money, or that we pay those companies to put that same toxic waste in our water instead of them paying to properly dispose of it, no one is gonna be able to tell you otherwise. For a guy who is supose to be as smart as you claim to be, you sure seem to lack any common sence.

#128    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,424 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Which wacko agenda site did you get this misinformation from?

All you demonstrate here is that you can post unsubstantiated drivel and no evidence to support your rather ludicrous claim.

#129    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,551 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Im talking to a guy who thinks disposing of toxic waste is free, then says its "unsubstantiated drivel" to say other wise. My goodness man. Were you dropped on your head as a small child?

#130    stereologist

stereologist

Alien Abducter

• 5,424 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Again, which wacko agenda site did you get this misinformation from?

All you demonstrate here is that you can post unsubstantiated drivel and no evidence to support your rather ludicrous claim.

#131    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,443 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 02 October 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Wow. Some folks just dont know when to give up. Copy right infringment? My goodness man.

The point about copyright infringement is sound, copying and pasting entire articles is also against our forum rules:

2c. Plagiarism and copyright: If you quote text from an external web site then please always provide a source link. Members are asked to copy only as much as is necessary when quoting material from external sources, do not copy and paste entire articles or web pages.

That aside, this thread has been nothing but back and forth bickering and personal attacks for several pages.

Closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users