Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

what do you think likely aliens are?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

what sort of aliens are likely to exist. that's if they exist at all.
personally I don't believe there coming here. or they have spaceships.
but that's my opinion and believers are free to disagree with me.
I think IMO if they exist. there just bugs, or fish like animals that live in water
or human people. but with different languages.
what does everyone else think?

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,889 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

I think life is abundant in the universe and varied.  There would be intelligent life elsewhere.  Would they or could they visit? I just don't know.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    willowdreams

willowdreams

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

• Never let the facts get in the way of the truth- heard during an episode of 'Lie to Me' by Dr. Cal Lightman

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

i like this idea on aliens.. if you see a lot of links from me to this man, it is because of late i have been listening to him a LOT, getting ready for the new  cosmos.. want to get used to neils voice as compared to sagans..  i gotta admit though, i really love sagans more.. but neil de grasse is nt horrid

Posted Image

#4    Vance665

Vance665

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:17 PM

I don't believe there is any life anywhere in the universe. Besides earth obviously and maybe some bacteria in our solar system with its origin from earth.

I'm open to changing my opinion though.

#5    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,355 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Glad that you brought this up, Ali!

I WANT to believe that our galaxy is regulated by a version of humans with zero neurological inconsistency. No cognitive dissonance, no incoherence.

View PostVance665, on 29 September 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

I don't believe there is any life anywhere in the universe. Besides earth obviously and maybe some bacteria in our solar system with its origin from earth.

I'm open to changing my opinion though.

Certainly you know how absurdly huge the universe is, don't you?

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#6    Vance665

Vance665

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

View Postambelamba, on 29 September 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

So... Huge compared to what? Our universe could be small compared to other universes. Science knows almost nothing.

#7    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,164 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

The type that cross the border illegally.

#8    ambelamba

ambelamba

• 3,355 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

View PostVance665, on 29 September 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

So... Huge compared to what? Our universe could be small compared to other universes. Science knows almost nothing.

Uh... I simply don't know what to say on this. It might be true in a huge, massive Kardashian or Lohan level stretch but they are working on it.

View PostRlyeh, on 29 September 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

The type that cross the border illegally.

Would be interesting if we have just as many illegals from Eastern Europe. :)

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

#9    _Only

_Only

• 6,632 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

View Postambelamba, on 29 September 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

So big that it sat on a rainbow and made skittles.

I bet there are some aliens on a planet a lot like ours positioned the same distance from a star like us, that are very similar to humans. I wonder what kind of differences could come about between the hypothetical 2 just on their own, even if most of the conditions were the same planet/temp/environment-wise.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#10    ambelamba

ambelamba

• 3,355 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

View Post_Only, on 29 September 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

So big that it sat on a rainbow and made skittles.

I bet there are some aliens on a planet a lot like ours positioned the same distance from a star like us, that are very similar to humans. I wonder what kind of differences could come about between the hypothetical 2 just on their own, even if most of the conditions were the same planet/temp/environment-wise.

We are royally screwed if they can do FTL navigation and believe that monotheism is a blasphemy.

#11    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

I think Neil has a point there, IF there is any intelligent life out there why would they be concerned about us, Hononestly I dont know what an alien species would look like, I dont think it would look like the iconic Greys though. Thats just my opinion of course

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#12    _Only

_Only

• 6,632 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

View PostVance665, on 29 September 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

I don't see your point, but I think his was in trying to get you to see how irrational it is to think one almost unfathomably small planet next to one almost unfathomably small star in one almost unfathomably small galaxy is the only place where life exists in a literally unfathomably large universe.

Posted Image

#13    Mike G

Mike G

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

• Skeptical of the skeptics.

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

View Postali smack, on 29 September 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

what sort of aliens are likely to exist. that's if they exist at all.
personally I don't believe there coming here. or they have spaceships.
but that's my opinion and believers are free to disagree with me.
I think IMO if they exist. there just bugs, or fish like animals that live in water
or human people. but with different languages.
what does everyone else think?

Why do you ask?

Posted Image

#14    ambelamba

ambelamba

• 3,355 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostReaperS_ParadoX, on 29 September 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

I think Neil has a point there, IF there is any intelligent life out there why would they be concerned about us, Hononestly I dont know what an alien species would look like, I dont think it would look like the iconic Greys though. Thats just my opinion of course

Even if they look humanoid, they certainly wouldn't look like Greys. Now cue the nightmare scenario.

Alien: You are making me randy. You might like me when I am randy. But...hey wait aren't you male?

#15    _Only

_Only

• 6,632 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostReaperS_ParadoX, on 29 September 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

I think Neil has a point there, IF there is any intelligent life out there why would they be concerned about us

The same reason we would be concerned about them, I'd assume. Finding and learning about other life in this space we share. We do it on our planet; why would it stop there? Don't stop until you're done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users