Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

This idea is mind blowing

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    Maverin1

Maverin1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:19 AM

Saw this on a website. I think it comes form tumblr? I don't know since i'm not a fan of social media. I know that this has to be something much more than some kids idea, infact in the comments for the postingsomeone said it was much older. Whether it fits your belief system or not it is mind opening to possibilities of what is true that you may never have considered. As for myself, i am a very spiritual person in the sense that i have an incredibly strong, let's call it a "feeling", that there is something infinitely more to this thing we call life. I often relate to teachings of Buddhism and am interested in quantum physics as it can be a religion as much as a science but never has the idea of oneness struck me as intensly as when I read this. Can anyone shed more light on the topic?

Posted Image

#2    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,925 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

You're right that is a mind blowing theory.

It doesn't matter if one chooses to believe it or not but the idea that everyone is yourself is a good way to treat life and I can file this idea as one that I would have no problem with folk exploring.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#3    Maverin1

Maverin1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

It is my primary belief, above all, that it is human nature that we are not capable (or it is incedibly difficult) to understand the true existence of things. Thus, I treat all beliefs as correct. Sort of "Believe nothing. Accept the posibility of everything." And as I stated. This one really hit the idea of oneness spot on so it is definitely one I will keep with me.

#4    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 3,902 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

That was a well presented theory/story.

#5    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

Even Satan disguises himself as a being of light.  Genesis 3:5 .. it's the original deception in a new package.  This time with the cover of the "golden rule" loosely draped over it's shoulders.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#6    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,119 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

I was just watching an old Bob Hope movie. O'l Bob would be perfect for the guy who died part.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
My credentials: http://www.unexplain...ic=87935&st=225

#7    diablo_04

diablo_04

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

It was an interesting read

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips

#8    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

I don't see a link.

Miss me?

#9    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:51 AM

Brilliant!

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#10    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,973 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 01 October 2013 - 02:17 AM, said:

I don't see a link.
The inset box is the link. Just click on it.  Very interesting story - well done.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#11    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,925 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

View Postand then, on 01 October 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

Even Satan disguises himself as a being of light.  Genesis 3:5 .. it's the original deception in a new package.  This time with the cover of the "golden rule" loosely draped over it's shoulders.
What would Satan gain from this story?  Spreading the idea that when we harm others we harm ourselves and have much to learn as a result is not going to help him much  me thinks.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

#12    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,355 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 01 October 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

You're right that is a mind blowing theory.

It doesn't matter if one chooses to believe it or not but the idea that everyone is yourself is a good way to treat life and I can file this idea as one that I would have no problem with folk exploring.

I have had the vaguely similar idea. But my innate pessimism drove me to darker idea on God and universe, making Lovecraft universe look like a frakking Sesame Street with seafood.

And libstaK, I gotta tell you this.*snip*. Why would God bless a nation that uses depleted uranium shells when civilians are around, if He is good?!

Edited by libstaK, 01 October 2013 - 12:35 PM.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#13    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,925 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:42 AM

View Postambelamba, on 01 October 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

I have had the vaguely similar idea. But my innate pessimism drove me to darker idea on God and universe, making Lovecraft universe look like a frakking Sesame Street with seafood.

And libstaK, I gotta tell you this.*snip*. Why would God bless a nation that uses depleted uranium shells when civilians are around, if He is good?!
If you are referring to Israel I would have to say that what is being judged or punished is not determined by what we see of the situation.  The people involved have a lifetime of history and all the plus and minus of good deeds that are accumulated in such scenarios, the sum of our beliefs create our reality and what we live through, it's not good or bad, it's just cause and effect.  I do not think anyone is particularly blessed or punished but we can be encouraged when we oh so rarely take a good step whose ultimate outcome will benefit us and others.

Edited by libstaK, 01 October 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#14    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,355 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 01 October 2013 - 03:42 AM, said:

If you are referring to Israel I would have to say that what is being judged or punished is not determined by what we see of the situation.  The people involved have a lifetime of history and all the plus and minus of good deeds that are accumulated in such scenarios, the sum of our beliefs create our reality and what we live through, it's not good or bad, it's just cause and effect.  I do not think anyone is particularly blessed or punished but we can be encouraged when we oh so rarely take a good step whose ultimate outcome will benefit us and others.

Thanks for letting me know. You can edit things out if you want. I'll be careful.

BTW, my pessimism drove to the point that I declared myself as a maltheistic Satanist. Well, saying this in public can cause a lot of problems at least. Let me clear a few things. I believe that Satan is just a fictional archetype. Being a so-called Satan worshiper is fundamentally no different from being a fanboy for Darth Vader. Unfortunately most Satanists have very poor or tasteless sense of aesthetics and this alone can put off general population in a very fantastic way.

Now I wonder if maltheistic simulation hypothesis is really a valid one. Well, first and foremost it's too darn bleak. Maybe it's sorely my poor life situation that drove me to such conclusion. And read world news for hours during off-days can make you are very depressed person. I contemplated the possibility like OP suggested, but being an innate pessimist I couldn't accept it because it sounds too...what can I say?

Edited by libstaK, 01 October 2013 - 12:37 PM.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#15    Nighthawk9653

Nighthawk9653

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• Remember what peace there may be in Silence.

Transit umbra, lux permanet

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

I agree completely with you. I have a feeling there's more to anything we've ever known. Everything is more than black and white, there's every color of the entire color spectrum in there, because that's just how much there is to everything.

Two possibilities exist: Either we are all alone in the universe or we are not.
                                Both are equally terrifying.  -Arthur C. Clark

“Sometimes, I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart, and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am.”
-Testy McTesterson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users