Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The biggest problem with UFOlogy

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91    Hammerclaw

Hammerclaw

Far Traveler

• 5,310 posts

• "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:11 AM

This government couldn't even keep an immoral act that occurred in the privacy of the Oval Office secret, so I find it ludicrous to believe that they could keep something so momentous secret this long. Fuzzy photographs, wild stories and conspiracy theories are all I have after 50 years of following the phenomena. Absence of real evidence may not, necessarily, be evidence of absence--but it's pretty telling.

Edited by hammerclaw, 14 October 2013 - 01:12 AM.

"An atheist, like a Christian, holds that we can know whether or not there is a God. The Christian holds that we can know there is a God; the atheist, that we can know there is not. The Agnostic suspends judgment, saying that there are not sufficient grounds either for affirmation or for denial."

#92    Star Man

Star Man

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 October 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

What have you learned that supports what you thought?

I do not get it, what support are you talking about? from the forum or alien?

#93    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

• "The more things change, the more they stay the same".. Snake Plissken

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:12 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 October 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

That's a real concern though I think, if even 5% of these crackpots are dangerous that is too many. UFOlogy could use levels of policing I feel.
I do know what you're saying dude! 1%'s too many but I think it's gone a bit far for that now! Freedom of speech is also a factor..
People are free to believe that we all evolved from from apes or that some almighty creator made us in the image of him self, from Adams rib cage or even an egg plant?
But when someone puts the idea forward that we came from the Stars all hell breaks loose!

As I have always said, there's no proof of UFO's or ALIENS, or proof of any help from a higher intelligence but to say that the world was created in a week(or whatever the bible says) is complete B***ocks!   But everyone's welcome to their opinion?
Maybe Religion should be outlawed before other theory's are as they were here first...
You can't fast track banning the 'Believer's ideas before the Religious nut's ideas, because that's all they are.. an idea! :yes:

#94    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,299 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

View PostStar Man, on 14 October 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

I do not get it, what support are you talking about? from the forum or alien?

Alien.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#95    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

• "The more things change, the more they stay the same".. Snake Plissken

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:06 AM

Reply to # 89  EDIT: not sure how else to reply (don't know how to quote properly)

Like your style Psyche!

Here goes?...
Yep we all like to make a quick buck! Even at the expense of others, especially if they're no longer here to defend themselves!
Though they did leave their mark.

Pyramids are pyramids, there's no denying they did evolve but if you find a really good idea, why change the shape?
If it's not broke, don't fix it... I'm sure they held that idea too?...
If you build a boat and then think, hold on.. lets make it bigger! And then think, lets use it for transporting warriors into battle...
& their weapons.. And then think.. hold on, lets make the boat into a boat with weapons built into it... you'll end up with a WARSHIP... It's still a boat, but a big one that has evolved to suit the forthcoming situation.. the changing world!

You can't have Evolution when if suits the argument, Unless you're willing to look at it from every angle & accept that a good idea could hold water!... Or water can hold the idea??

Even Dunn 'On his Website' Says they had an extraordinary way to work out the most difficult ways to achieve greatness using right angles & so on.... The symmetry of Ramses at Luxor & The Statue of Ramses at Memphis.. etc etc....

Remember.. Today, we do have tools to do the job.. any job.. but we also have Cars, Planes.. heck, even Spaceships....
& none of this would be possible without such precision....  If all you're going to make is 'Big Buildings', why so precise? :yes:
Good point about the Carpentry tools though!

Please forgive me if these paragraphs don't line up with the quotes.. I don't know what I'm doing? Or saying :no:

Edited by Somethings Not Right, 14 October 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#96    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,299 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:23 AM

View PostSomethings Not Right, on 14 October 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

I do know what you're saying dude! 1%'s too many but I think it's gone a bit far for that now! Freedom of speech is also a factor..
People are free to believe that we all evolved from from apes or that some almighty creator made us in the image of him self, from Adams rib cage or even an egg plant?
But when someone puts the idea forward that we came from the Stars all hell breaks loose!

As I have always said, there's no proof of UFO's or ALIENS, or proof of any help from a higher intelligence but to say that the world was created in a week(or whatever the bible says) is complete B***ocks!   But everyone's welcome to their opinion?
Maybe Religion should be outlawed before other theory's are as they were here first...
You can't fast track banning the 'Believer's ideas before the Religious nut's ideas, because that's all they are.. an idea! :yes:

Gidday Mate

Yes, freedom of speech has to factor, but why can it not be accountable? I do not think someone ought to be able to deny all the construction experts in the world and say "Well I reckon" in that case they deserve to be laughed at, and treated like a public fool, they need to go, this IS and show why, and how it works. I mean, the Z person claims to have spent years as an engineer, now from the terms, and understandings, and process, and questions asked, anyone who IS an engineer can see that is a flat out lie. Not to mention an insult, imagine of people thought engineers were really that stupid? We would all just be written off and have to find new careers. If promoting alternate claims, then the process has to be entirely transparent, with UFOlogy they give the illusion of transparency by making crap up but the problem is they are making up crap to explain crap they made up. People get lost in the big circle and forget that to begin with the premise never made sense. That is what is referred to as flooding.

That is why proof is all important. Everyone is entitled to their own belief, but nobody is entitled to their own facts. That's why religious people do not bother me until they try to push creationism into schools. It has no accountability, and relies on storytelling. If a thing is to be taken seriously, it has to be qualified, until that point in time, it's just words.

I am not entirely sure there is no proof of other life, we do not have a sample, but we do have strong clues. The processes that we have discovered that made out own existence possible are ones we have discovered in far flung places, and we have found the building blocks for life in all parts of space, we are Star Stuff, and evolved to become the conscious matter of the Universe itself, which is now wondering about it's own existence. In a way, I see that as evidence that other life exists. Convergent evolution has illustrated that nature repeats a working design, in that respect, don't the odds for other forms of intelligent life seems reasonably good? If we were to find the Universe to be barren of life, I think that would be more surprising?

Outlaw religion? Where do I sign up? Even if one was to feel one religion was better than the other and worth preserving, for the greater good, total abolition would be the best thing we have seen for a long time. Religion currently is a mockery, and nothing like the roots intended, or how history records personal reverence for the practise. It seems to me, we are outgrowing religion slowly but surely. It plays little more function these days in the big picture than to offer a subject for debate.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101, 14 October 2013 - 02:26 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#97    Star Man

Star Man

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 October 2013 - 02:03 AM, said:

Alien.

This is from the letter that I sent to AUFORN AUSTRALIA, about the SETI's meeting in Auckland
on 12/11/2006

" ..........
then i told her(Jill, SETI's executive) a strange episode from the time i took photos during the day time......
after i communicated with the ET( non humanoid), one small flying saucer flew
straight down from the cloud to my kitchen's roof( for one minute)
but i didnt have a camera in hand and the flying saucer turned in
another direction.
my family witnessed it........"

but now I understand this is not the nut and bolt flying saucer, it is a little space life's bio- body, I named it : boi-ship.

Edited by Star Man, 14 October 2013 - 02:32 AM.

#98    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,299 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:16 AM

View PostStar Man, on 14 October 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

This is from the letter that I sent to AUFORN AUSTRALIA, about the SETI's meeting in Auckland
on 12/11/2006

" ..........
then i told her(Jill, SETI's executive) a strange episode from the time i took photos during the day time......
after i communicated with the ET( non humanoid), one small flying saucer flew
straight down from the cloud to my kitchen's roof( for one minute)
but i didnt have a camera in hand and the flying saucer turned in
another direction.
my family witnessed it........"

but now I understand this is not the nut and bolt flying saucer, it is a little space life's bio- body, I named it : boi-ship.

How did you communicate?

#99    Star Man

Star Man

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 October 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

How did you communicate?

As I found some photos which showed they( non humanoid) dive down vertically from sky to approached me, that day I suddenly thought that
they must be hiding near me invisibly. I just speak to the sky: " you should show those flying saucer how to fly..... " after few seconds then the miracle appeared,
it  spinning down like the leaf. swing left and right. mercury color......

#100    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,299 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostStar Man, on 14 October 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

As I found some photos which showed they( non humanoid) dive down vertically from sky to approached me, that day I suddenly thought that
they must be hiding near me invisibly. I just speak to the sky: " you should show those flying saucer how to fly..... " after few seconds then the miracle appeared,
it  spinning down like the leaf. swing left and right. mercury color......

Was it like a conversation though, did you "Communicate" like talk to each other, exchange information?

And when you spoke to the sky, do you mean like telepathy or some such?

You know me well enough to know I am a skeptic, and I do not take personal claims on as evidence but I would like to know more about "what you know" I have had a good look at your blog, thank you for all those links, but I think I need more time to piece it all together, it looks like yo do things as they happen to you, not in any sort of logical order, which I am not saying is a good or bad thing, I would not know, but wether you are talking to Aliens species, or something very different, I would not like to proclaim, but I do believe that you believe what you are saying, and be it alien or not, at least my initial indication is that you are genuine in your inquiries, and wherever they lead, I would like to see.

It is a hard blog to follow, so if I occasionally ask questions that are somewhat obvious, or seem a bit stupid, I would ask that you bear with me whilst I try to grasp the complete picture you are presenting.

#101    Kahn

Kahn

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

• Ignorance is no substitute for intelligence.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

The pyramids were a lot better looking prior to the Moroccans mining them for the limestone.  (a large amount went here: The Khan el-Khalili)

#102    Star Man

Star Man

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:27 AM

Was it like a conversation though, did you "Communicate" like talk to each other, exchange information?
And when you spoke to the sky, do you mean like telepathy or some such?

no conversation or telepathy, I just speaking to the air by myself. do not hear anything  from them. only 8 time's encournter were visible, some time I can seen them through the camera view finder. mostly they are invisible. infact many my evidence alread in the hand of ufologist and scientist, I have more than hundred letters from them.

Edited by Star Man, 14 October 2013 - 06:27 AM.

#103    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 October 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

That is why proof is all important. Everyone is entitled to their own belief, but nobody is entitled to their own facts. .
What?  Shirley you jest!  Our very own resident Grand All-knowing Self-Appointed Guru of Logistical Ancient Aliens, The Grand Vizar of ETH and Overall Genius on Photography and Every Other Little Thing would violently disagree.  He would tell you to Do Your Homework because His Facts are the Real Facts and us poor peons hampered by having an education absolutely need his Brilliance and Omniscience to overcome that handicap.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#104    Kludge808

Kludge808

Forum god of all things

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

• Proud Member of the Geriatric Squadron
    Proud Member of the Thinking Class

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 October 2013 - 02:23 AM, said:

Yes, freedom of speech has to factor, but why can it not be accountable? I do not think someone ought to be able to deny all the construction experts in the world and say "Well I reckon" in that case they deserve to be laughed at, and treated like a public fool, they need to go, this IS and show why, and how it works.
What I like is how they conveniently ignore the existing tools of the time and/or deny that they were capable of such "precise" work.  A few pyramids are evidence that they experimented before they got the overall design right after which they refined the details.  And made them larger.  And, as we all know, eventually they got some help from the stars to make the pyramids into wireless power plants so the starfolks could refuel their ships and wander off to the next plane of existance or something.

I mean, the Z person claims to have spent years as an engineer,
This is on top of being a math professor and working at the British Museum?  See what I mean?  He's obviously absolutely brilliant and we must bow before his mighty ... er, might.  Or is that mitey mite?

Getting back to the topic at hand, the largest problem there is in UFOlogy, in my never humble opinion, is that belief becomes the believers' "facts" much the same as creationists state as absolute fact that the world is only 4000 years old ... or is it 6000?  Either way, it's off by several orders of magnitude.  As mentioned elsewhere, only the True Freakin' Believers (Okay, so I changed it a bit - FTB was getting old.) claim to understand reality - the Real Truth as revealed by messages from the mothership or somewhere equally exotic - and those of us who don't believe are going to go to everlasting Cleveland or something.  Maybe Liverpool.  I don't know.  Somewhere 'orrid, though.  Anyway, they scream to high heaven that the non-believers are closed-minded.  Does anyone else appreciate the irony in that?  I certainly do and get giggle fits whenever I see it.

Very, very, very, very few believers are actual researchers.  I know of precisely one here on UM.  One.  The rest couldn't catch a clue if they stood in the middle of a clue field covered in clue pheremones during the height of clue mating season.  It is that massively huge group of clueless wannabes who are causing real research to be superceded by woo-woo claims and "research" thus giving the entire field a seriously bad reputation.

Psyche, you know the one I'm talking about, I'm sure.

There is no denying that there could be - and probably is - life on other planets.  Not necessarily life as we know it but life anyway.  There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that entities from any of those other worlds have paid a visit here.  None.  Nada.  (Well, except politicians and Paris Hilton.  There is no other possible explanation for either.)  I know the woo-woo crowd is warming up their denials of that basic fact but there it is.

But wait.  There's more.  There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that entities from any of those other worlds have not paid a visit here either.  None.  Nada.  Oh, boy.  Now the skeptibunkers are sharpening their axes too.  Yes, I know that no craft has ever been observed approaching or departing from Earth nor have any radar anomolies that would indicate such flight operations been reported.  Throwing this out as an idea, they may use a temporal shift or dimension shift to get here then return to what we laughingly refer to as "normal space" once they've arrived.  It's just a thought so don't ask for evidence/proof.  It still goes back to the fact that no evidence exists that we've not been visited.

As a note, life does not have to be DNA based.  That's the only thing we know but the only sample we have is Earth and that's a pretty limited assortment to choose from.  What other possibilities are there?  Ask a biologist 'cuz that is outside my range of knowledge.  (I did and got even more confused than normal ... if you can believe that's even possible!)

Anyway, there it is, ladies, gents and undecideds ... have at it.

Whirled Infamous Author and all around really strange person
Not a complete idiot.  Some pieces are missing.

One of UM's Happy Mutants

#105    Whisperer

Whisperer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

A researcher into this particular mystery is proposing that the blocks were actually cast in situ...
Forgot where the article was though...

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users